Ikegami Sync Issues?

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Hey all,

So, I've had my Ikegami HTM-2005r for quite some time now and never really figured out a solution to this issue (if there even is a solution) that I'm having.

Using Chris' supergun, most of my boards have this weird, warping issue at the top of the screen. Funny enough however, my Tetris TGM board does not have this issue (all are connected via RGB) This also happens with my 1-slot Neo Geo board as well.

From what I've read, this might have something to do with sync pulses/sync timings on the Ikegami? I've heard someone had issues with their TG16 running on a similar model as well.

Here's a picture of my CPS3 board with the issue very apparent. The rest of the screen appears fine and no issues with colors, brightness or contrast.

J0uTyiY.jpg

Does anybody have any experience with these monitors/have any ideas? It would be much appreciated

Thanks!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hey all,

So, I've had my Ikegami HTM-2005r for quite some time now and never really figured out a solution to this issue (if there even is a solution) that I'm having.

Using Chris' supergun, most of my boards have this weird, warping issue at the top of the screen. Funny enough however, my Tetris TGM board does not have this issue (all are connected via RGB) This also happens with my 1-slot Neo Geo board as well.

From what I've read, this might have something to do with sync pulses/sync timings on the Ikegami? I've heard someone had issues with their TG16 running on a similar model as well.

Here's a picture of my CPS3 board with the issue very apparent. The rest of the screen appears fine and no issues with colors, brightness or contrast.

View attachment 44220

Does anybody have any experience with these monitors/have any ideas? It would be much appreciated

Thanks!

I'm using a ikegami monitor as well and everything I've thrown at it has worked fine.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
What model number is your Ikegami?
I've tested my Supergun on my PVM 14M2MDU and it works perfectly so I know its not any of the other hardware I'm using.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im coming up blank on the ikegami i borrowed to test with too. it's working fine on mine. was the output via s-vid just fine on your other monitors? worst case we just swap you out.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
im coming up blank on the ikegami i borrowed to test with too. it's working fine on mine. was the output via s-vid just fine on your other monitors? worst case we just swap you out.

The Ikegami I have doesn't have s-video so I wasn't able to try that, it does have composite & component tho. I'll double check with composite to make sure its not that.
All of my other stuff has worked fine on my other monitors.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
The Ikegami I have doesn't have s-video so I wasn't able to try that, it does have composite & component tho. I'll double check with composite to make sure its not that.
All of my other stuff has worked fine on my other monitors.

Just checked with composite, same exact type of warping as it is via RGB.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i'll swap you out, dude. that doesn't seem like a normal thing.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
What model number is your Ikegami?
I've tested my Supergun on my PVM 14M2MDU and it works perfectly so I know its not any of the other hardware I'm using.

It's a TM14-17R, I've been using it for the last 5-6 months. I have tried Neo and CPS2 through SG and every console I own without any issues. If there is anything you want me to try or check, let me know.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
So after doing a bit of research, I found out that my monitor doesnt have sync signal irregularity correction (sometimes called AFC) that consumer sets do, so apparently things like the PC-Engine also have issues on this thing.
Would there be any known work-around for something like this?