Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Jeremy Brett was the best Sherlock.
yes.

//EDIT: As much as I'd like to see a NGPC RGB unit, it's more likely to be a device that lets you play NGCD roms on the MVS/AES platform. The technical possibility has been discussed before.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
yes.

//EDIT: As much as I'd like to see a NGPC RGB unit, it's more likely to be a device that lets you play NGCD roms on the MVS/AES platform. The technical possibility has been discussed before.

Before someone asks why, the fifth course of Neo Turf Masters.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
yes.

An RGB unit is something that's long overdue. Or an FPGA console that plays NGPC games would be fine too.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
i thought that the new product is not neo-geo related...

i remember an old post, but did not search it...

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
i thought that the new product is not neo-geo related...

i remember an old post, but did not search it...

It's a Gamecom SD interface that allows you to play MVS games on the gamecom!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I wouldn't be opposed to that. I'm all for little to no load time and having NGCD games on one USB stick or SD card. Though the fact that there's gonna be a shell for it makes me think that it's not going to be that, since ones for other consoles are just bare PCBs.

Like others have said, I'm willing to bet it's an FPGA replacement for the PC Engine Super CD unit. Would make sense for casing in that situation, since it wouldn't be inside of a console. If so, I hope it'd include extra video outputs like the DB Grafx Booster.

This would be amaze

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
My view on NeoGeoCD is it make more sence to make a cart that can play those games on MVS / AES (CD emulation inside the cart from SD card) than to make something just for NeoGeo CD. Many reasons for this but the the main ones being ease of install, far bigger userbase of neogeo MVS/ AES owners and the fact they (terraonion) already have a MVS/AES shell.

As for stuff on consoles, its a no brainer that any one making new devices for consoles these days should add current day video outputs into the design if it is possible without internal console modding.

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
as an owner of the framemeister and a diy ossc i'd love to see a third device like em.
framemeister is afaik discontinued and ossc puts out resolutions some tvs got problem with.
so what about an upscaler/scanline-generator etc. with resolutions up to 4k - i see a huge market for that. especially on the retro hype going on right now

neosd

Neosd Developer
as an owner of the framemeister and a diy ossc i'd love to see a third device like em.

Just curious as i don´t own any of those, which one is better ? what are the pros and the cons of each device ?

Thanks

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Just curious as i don´t own any of those, which one is better ? what are the pros and the cons of each device ?

Thanks

I've owned the Mini, XRGB 3 and OSSC. The OSSC doesn't accept composite and s-video inputs which is pretty important with the older systems.

I sold the Mini, keeping the OSSC and 3 for low lag reasons.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I've owned the Mini, XRGB 3 and OSSC. The OSSC doesn't accept composite and s-video inputs which is pretty important with the older systems.

I sold the Mini, keeping the OSSC and 3 for low lag reasons.

Pretty much same here. Except I have a pair of OSSC's and the XRGB-2 for stuff requiring composite or s-video.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
ACTUALLY... it doesn't narrow it down...

I own practically every system ever made... but as a mass hoarder... they are in storage and I only played a few systems...

I can say... i own this system... but have I played it? Nope:p

This is all a cover-up, so when NeoSD releases their new revision of the Custom Maid PC controller next week, you can hide the fact you have completely, and utterly ravaged the one sitting next to your PC monitor.

You will finally be able to fap away again, and just in time for Beat Your Dick December.

December 1st announcement date a coincidence? I think not.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Pretty much same here. Except I have a pair of OSSC's and the XRGB-2 for stuff requiring composite or s-video.

You've got the same Samsung I do, I have the 3 via vga to hdmi adapter hooked up.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Damn, you guys convinced me, I just ordered an OSSC 1.6.

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Thanks
OSSC
+ no input lag
+ cheap
+ best picture on 240/288p
+ open source hw/sw project
- only VGA, Scart and Composite input
- menu only on small LCD-display
- only 5 presets, no chance to change em on pc

Framemeister
+ more inputs
+ can handle interlaced sources
+ high resolution passthrough
+ on screen menu
+ lots of settings like zoom, overscan and so on
+ up to 20 presets on sd card - editable on pc
- expensive
- input lag
- discontinued product -> no more software updates

you can add more, this list was done in 2min brainstorm..

When I bought my Framemeister the OSSC did not come with HDMI so I went for the FM. Today, most probably I'll pick the OSSC just because it is cheaper. Having said that, in not going to bother replacing the FM as things stand at the moment, but I probably will if they make a 4K ossc.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
OSSC
+ no input lag
+ cheap
+ best picture on 240/288p
+ open source hw/sw project
- only VGA, Scart and Composite input
- menu only on small LCD-display
- only 5 presets, no chance to change em on pc

Framemeister
+ more inputs
+ can handle interlaced sources
+ high resolution passthrough
+ on screen menu
+ lots of settings like zoom, overscan and so on
+ up to 20 presets on sd card - editable on pc
- expensive
- input lag
- discontinued product -> no more software updates

you can add more, this list was done in 2min brainstorm..

The OSSC supports VGA, Scart, and Component. Not Composite. Also the OSSC supports interlaced sources.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Wish the OSSC supported s-video though. Some consoles are an absolute pain to get RGB out of.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Marty, 3DO, CPS Changer... nothing important, or do I miss something here?

Thinking of it, something I like about the Framemeister is the D-Port, I can plug my JPN Gamecube without need for a composite+digital cable to get RGB... but IIRC EUR GCubes have RGB straight out of the AV port, like a SuperFamicom right?

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
The one serious question I have about the perspective do-hicky, regardless of what platform it supports:

• What out does it have???
  • Composite!?!:eek:
  • SVHS?
  • RGB?
  • OR . . . clutch the pearls . . . HDMI!!!:drool:

Very curious.