MVS andro dunos CRC check shows all banks not used

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I have an interesting one.

I have an eprom conversion of Andro Dunos. It was initially acting up pretty bad, so I replaced the P roms and after a good cleaning it works fine.

The interesting part is this, when I run CRC check I get:

Rom Region BE2B36B8 OK
Rom Bank 0 not used --
Rom Bank 1 not used --
Rom Bank 2 not used --
Rom Bank 3 not used --

During troubleshooting when I replaced the P roms. I doubled the images and used 27c800s because I always have problems with 27c400. I grounded the highest address line on each 27c800 so they act like 27c400's

As far as I can tell CRC check should work just the same as a legit cart. It's really a curiosity more than anything at this point, since the game is 100% playable... does anyone have a legit andro dunos MVS cart they can run the unibios CRC check on?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I have an interesting one.

I have an eprom conversion of Andro Dunos. It was initially acting up pretty bad, so I replaced the P roms and after a good cleaning it works fine.

The interesting part is this, when I run CRC check I get:

Rom Region BE2B36B8 OK
Rom Bank 0 not used --
Rom Bank 1 not used --
Rom Bank 2 not used --
Rom Bank 3 not used --

During troubleshooting when I replaced the P roms. I doubled the images and used 27c800s because I always have problems with 27c400. I grounded the highest address line on each 27c800 so they act like 27c400's

As far as I can tell CRC check should work just the same as a legit cart. It's really a curiosity more than anything at this point, since the game is 100% playable... does anyone have a legit andro dunos MVS cart they can run the unibios CRC check on?

My original cart has the same CRC. Anyway, the unibios told you cart is OK, what was your concern with it?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Initially I was getting varying result in ROM Region. Once the PROMs replaced and contacts cleaned I got as above, I had just never seen a cart say the rom banks were not used. That was my only concern.

Thank you for checking! I was looking into your YAC513, I'll let you know if I figure anything out ;)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Initially I was getting varying result in ROM Region. Once the PROMs replaced and contacts cleaned I got as above, I had just never seen a cart say the rom banks were not used. That was my only concern.

Thank you for checking! I was looking into your YAC513, I'll let you know if I figure anything out ;)

I believe small games do not require banking, therefore do not use them? also, the YAC513 issue is with _rm_, not me :) http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269785-Alternative-to-YAC513

Regards.