Tyrandom's cubby

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Hi everybody, here it is my closet.
I moved my humble collection to this corner 'cause my old game room has been dedicated to my small baby.

689b4g.jpg

Saturn in tate on a Loewe (lovely), the other systems on Sony Trinitron, all the guys (except NES) in RGB with an active multiscart box.

30bfsao.jpg

okx0qp.jpg

2vukp00.jpg

2dbmef5.jpg

8zqjb8.jpg

juxr9y.jpg

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Our Megadrive collections are VERY similar. And I too only have a very small, yet refined collection. I'll take a look at Kid Chameleon, as I've never given it a fair look tbh.

FYI, imo... you would probably like to add: Mega Turrican, Probotector, Shadow Dancer, Vectorman, Super Thunderblade and Hellfire or ZeroWing.

Other secondary recommendations include, if I'm following your collecting logic correctly: Road Rash II, Desert Strike, Golden Axe II, Micro Machines, ESWAT, Rolling Thunder II, Robocop vs Terminator and Comix Zone...

MySoberCompanion

Our Megadrive collections are VERY similar. And I too only have a very small, yet refined collection. I'll take a look at Kid Chameleon, as I've never given it a fair look tbh.

FYI, imo... you would probably like to add: Mega Turrican, Probotector, Shadow Dancer, Vectorman, Super Thunderblade and Hellfire or ZeroWing.

Other secondary recommendations include, if I'm following your collecting logic correctly: Road Rash II, Desert Strike, Golden Axe II, Micro Machines, ESWAT, Rolling Thunder II, Robocop vs Terminator and Comix Zone...

I love and I had most of those games, also Alien Soldier, Atomic Runner, Mega Man Wily Wars... but I sold/traded them for Saturn o NG stuff in the past, now I regret a little. Golden Axe, Road Rash II and Comix Zone will return in the closet for sure.

Kid Chameleon IMHO is a great underrated game, challenging and with a strange charm. It also aged very well for being quite an early game, smooth and fun to play.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I love and I had most of those games, also Alien Soldier, Atomic Runner, Mega Man Wily Wars... but I sold/traded them for Saturn o NG stuff in the past, now I regret a little. Golden Axe, Road Rash II and Comix Zone will return in the closet for sure.

Kid Chameleon IMHO is a great underrated game, challenging and with a strange charm. It also aged very well for being quite an early game, smooth and fun to play.
It's easily done. Especially when upping your funds for AES carts. There should be a joke: "how many Megadrive games does it take to buy a Blazing Star?". Probably don't want to know the 'punchline' to be honest!

I wouldn't mind a copy of Alien Soldier one day actually. But yeah... pricey. I have limits of what I'm willing to spend on games per console. And, when it comes to the MD, my ceiling is around £50 - £60. Not enough for Alien Soldier I guess. My AES ceiling is approximately 10x that btw. Saturn is £150... etc.

I bought Atomic Runner recently, but found a minor amount of lag in the controls, which pissed me off... as I actually like the way the game plays.

I'll check out KC. See what I'm missing...

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Nice collection bud...thanks for sharing!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
You have an excellent overall taste for video games.

I tip my hat.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
nice! I'm I the only one who read cHubby?

Last edited:

Danmaku

Kuroko's Training Dummy
����������������

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I can't believe that you fit so much stuff into a closet and made it functional. Good job.

MySoberCompanion

Thanks for your appreciation. I risk my life in summertime, but at least there's no sunfading menace in this (chubby) cubby.
The original idea was about a cab in the cabinet (?) or a Steel Battalion setup but in the end I opted for a pret-a-jouer solution.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Nice collection! I'm like you, I have a bit of everything. Although I am trying to focus on a few of my favorite systems.
I'm a big Sega fan and you've got a lot of great Mega Drive games there!
I also love the boxed SNES and NES games. The condition of your boxes looks good! That's hard to do.

Nice! You have Kinnikuman tucked into your collection! I have a few of them in my retro video game collection too.

MySoberCompanion

It seems that I can't edit the first post.
I moved some games and I filled almost all the space of that poor small room.

ivkahf.jpg

2ekuo79.jpg

282fj7o.jpg

x455s2.jpg

24fhiz7.jpg

2hdp752.jpg

2e2fc3l.jpg

20uojgm.jpg

[IMG=2e3tt8i]http://i63.tinypic.com/2e3tt8i.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Is that sunlight seeping in? Think of all the sun fade and how the value of your games are dropping so rapidly!!!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...I filled almost all the space of that poor small room.

It is your own private japanese-style micro home, so full of video gaming atmosphere I'm nearly speechless. Never saw the Near House concept as fittingly translated into a player's room before... it evokes feelings of dystopian nostalgia with those warm, ochre-colored wooden shelves contrasting to the commonly encountered deep black wires, almost clinical, wreathing all over the place. Like a hidden space in Batou's safe house. The games? Yeah, they're here, too and great as well ;).

MySoberCompanion

Is that sunlight seeping in? Think of all the sun fade and how the value of your games are dropping so rapidly!!!

Lol, no, they are just a couple of 36W neon lights behind the shelves :)
In photo they seem far brighter than they really are.