MiniPro Programmer , good for unibios burning ?

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
hi members , my TOP 3000 Programmer is not turning on (power) for some reason and i want to burn some unibios chips for my AES's. I was wondering if anyone has tried the MiniPro Programmer with success ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/High-spe...250072?hash=item212eb0a818:g:9oYAAOSwy1VZrSx9

apparently some Programmers don't do a good enough job at burning the unibios and there's a protection code where the AES will reset.
I just used it to program UniBIOS 3.2 last night. Paid a "Best Offer" price on these:
https://www.ebay.com/i/321822153490
They seem to work fine. Also programmed a Neo Diagnlstics BIOS.

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
Damn, M27C1024s are turning quite expensive it seems.

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
Damn, M27C1024s are turning quite expensive it seems.
Not if you're willing to wait, take used/salvaged, or order larger quantities. I ordered from that seller because it was already in the country, they were new/already blanked, and the seller accepted my offer of $15 for 3. If I compromised on any of those first three criteria I would have paid less but I only needed three and I needed two of them ASAP (stuck in the middle of a repair) and I don't have a UV chip eraser at my new workspace yet (still gotta dig it up from my old place). The repair is finished and I'm happy. :)

Last edited:

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi guys thanks for your input and help , i actually found a dead Capacitor in my Top 3000 so i recapped the whole Programmer and now it turns on. I programmed a unibios and verified it 3 times with success so all is good now.

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
Awesome! Well, now anyone considering the MiniPro will know that it works too. :)

what do you guys recommend as a good programmer for this ? im in the UK. i would also be looking for 1 or 2 ic.