Attachments

• DByyqFSVoAAAf5E.jpg
    DByyqFSVoAAAf5E.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 1,051
Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hmm, so it was true and Ganryu wasn't the game they were talking about before.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It sure does look pretty. Would have loved to see this in action.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Oh wow this is fantastic! So the sequel on neo geo would have been a very different animal than the canceled genesis/megadrive beat em up? Would have been interesting to see the first arcade game's double dragon style gameplay evolve into final fight territory. This game's Ryu was planned to be an orthodoxed fighter, with Rash and Ran covering the power fighter and speedy character playstyles. Very cool! Ran would have been an idol student, eh? Would have been interesting to see her rival Athena and Mao Mao on the system.

I wonder what the tone of the game would have been considering the setting is stated to have shifted to take place at the end of the century. The first arcade game didn't have much in the way of futuristic or post-apocalyptic imagery.

Thank you for sharing!!

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Alright this is pretty cool. The Italians hide out in their little sub forum but they're like santas little helpers, tirelessly working away and on the lookout for things like this. As they say in Italian 'Di bella ferrari il sopressa lasange'

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Agreed, but where is neogeo mentioned anywhere in this scanned article? Other then the (barely visible) neogeo-like small text on the bottom sections of the screen, what makes this a neo cart as opposed to a Jamma Board?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What is the association between the game and Nekketsu Oyako?

The google translation isn't very telling..

"When I was watching old leaflets, I found "Ninja Gaiden II" which was certainly not released yet. When I thought that I had a somewhat deceived feeling, I was suffering an image on "hot-blood parent and child" (Techno Soft)
. (It is personal impression)
Also I will stick a rare item like two points."

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
This looks really cool. I wonder what characters would be in it. I can just see the tier list consisting off bat that hits you at over 9000 miles per hour or flying ninjas throwing shurikens.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dude that looks awesome!!!!!!!!!

unkle

n00b
Agreed, but where is neogeo mentioned anywhere in this scanned article? Other then the (barely visible) neogeo-like small text on the bottom sections of the screen, what makes this a neo cart as opposed to a Jamma Board?

It would be needed a further proof for connecting the game to the NeoGeo... for now, we have only to trust ShouTime for his info popped up four years ago on gamengai forum. The small text looks to me MVS genuine ;)

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member

I'm pretty sure it says "LEVEL" at the bottom of the screenshot. Not sure how many other systems use that on their games.

l9YA17R.jpg

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Hi everyone. Please pardon the hasty translation job:...

That masterpiece, Ninja Ryukenden [returns] again!!

Ninja Ryukenden II

Genre: Fighting Action

Release: 65%

The fist of justice brightly roars out!

The Ninja Ryukenden horizontal scrolling action game from Tecmo is back with 200% more action.

The time is the end of the century, the criminal organizations of the world have organized into a new crime federation that was moving secretly behind he scenes. Understanding this, MNES has dispatched 3 agents in order to destroy the organization. From there, the drama of the 3 begin...

Introducing the 3 protagonists.

First is RYU. There are rumors that he is the protagnist of the previous Ryukenden, but the organization has not made this clear, he is a drifting spy. He is a balanced and orthodoxed fighter. The 2nd is RASH. Originally an american football player he is a spy for MNES. He is a powerful fighter, but seems surprisingly sensitive. 3rd is RAN. She has entered this war to increase the fame of the idol school. She's not very powerful, but she makes up for it with speed and diverse techniques. Until the day we meet at the game center, we'll be waitin for you!!

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
What is the association between the game and Nekketsu Oyako?

There doesn't seem to be one. The tweet seems to indicate that the observed similarity between the two games is just his personal opinion.

Last edited:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Hi everyone. Please pardon the hasty translation job:...

That masterpiece, Ninja Ryukenden [returns] again!!

Ninja Ryukenden II

Genre: Fighting Action

Release: 65%

The fist of justice brightly roars out!

The Ninja Ryukenden horizontal scrolling action game from Tecmo is back with 200% more action.

The time is the end of the century, the criminal organizations of the world have organized into a new crime federation that was moving secretly behind he scenes. Understanding this, MNES has dispatched 3 agents in order to destroy the organization. From there, the drama of the 3 begin...

Introducing the 3 protagonists.

First is RYU. There are rumors that he is the protagnist of the previous Ryukenden, but the organization has not made this clear, he is a drifting spy. He is a balanced and orthodoxed fighter. The 2nd is RASH. Originally an american football player he is a spy for MNES. He is a powerful fighter, but seems surprisingly sensitive. 3rd is RAN. She has entered this war to increase the fame of the idol school. She's not very powerful, but she makes up for it with speed and diverse techniques. Until the day we meet at the game center, we'll be waitin for you!!

thanks!
game looks amazing, would love to watch some gameplay.