Garou: Mark of the Wolves coming to PS4 / Vita

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Lol yeah, they should have switched to M2, because the NG Station releases are pretty much the golden standard.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Net code will be broken to hell.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Lol yeah, they should have switched to M2, because the NG Station releases are pretty much the golden standard.

I still hate that support on that petered out before they were able to get into some of the later titles. We never even got MS3 or Real Bout :(

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Yeah, SNK was stupid to insist to release the early games first.

Games like Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Samsho 1 made no sense when other newer and superior titles were available.

Pretty much most people I knew preferred to wait for the later titles to come out first before buying any, but I guess SNK weren't happy with the sales of the initial titles and then scrapped it.

Basically a catch 22 situation.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
It is but its no less annoying. Always trickle the early titles and stop for we good late ones. At least they are finally going straight for the gold...unfortunately they look like they are skipping the Real Bouts again....

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
As far as emulation quality is concerned, I was pretty pleased with LB2's port to be honest. I haven't tested the online, but again, while the M2 ports online was decent, it wasn't up to standards from what I heard.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ Was the M2 ports better then Iron Galaxy... no. But the M2 ports were by far better then most of the Playmore ports.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
snk giving the ps4 and vita lots of love. but i got this first on xbox

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Will likely use their shitty proprietary non-rollback netcode. Pass.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ Why? Nobody plays NGBC. Been hosting the past few days and found 1 player from Mexico that showed up. It's strictly a play with your friends list game. 98UM, 02UM and FFs are the only 3 that see anybody.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
I think LB2 is stable online if you refuse to play someone with a ping higher than 60. There are not many people who have bought this game yet, a lot of South Americans and Japanese who are playing it too.
Thats being said SNK and Sony shouldnt brag openly about this network being some kind of revolution which it isnt.

I will check out Garou again espacially if they give us a PS4 theme again, but i really hope they release its physically in a bundle with LB2 maybe?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
How come they dont use Iron Galaxy to do the netcode for these games. It was pretty good for third striker. Mean I can play this game online using fightcade but it would be nice to play this title on ps4 when I get one.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Depends on how busy Iron Galaxy is to do it, whether they want to spend the money on GGPO, and how much Iron Galaxy costs in the first place.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Meh, it will be over priced and sloppy.

Im tried of paying for emulated versions of games with pretty guis. Why waste the money? If these where legit ports that actually had good need play and useful enhancements then i'd care.

Give me real ports with widescreen ( not zoomed into widescreen ) and solid online match making and i'll pay your $15 you charge, but $15 for a rom go fuck yourself.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If they're going to charge $15 they should look at the Third Strike release a bit harder. That was a pretty awesome package, and not just a rom release.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
If they're going to charge $15 they should look at the Third Strike release a bit harder. That was a pretty awesome package, and not just a rom release.

This, 3s was nice , the ps3 version wasn't good as the Xbox due to frame and menu stuff, but it was still great. They would probably build off the ps2 port for motw like they did 3s. I would drop cash on that

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I'll bet money it's built over the 360 port like the 98UM and 02UM PC ports blatantly were. They might disguise it a bit if there is some rights problem, but I doubt it.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i forgot there were already ports on the 360, then yeah, makes sense for them to do it that way. Was the 360 port anygood?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
No, only works if the ping is under 100m/s If not one side got all the lag. If the port ends up being similar to the other released titles the input delay is completely variable. Meaning the game never quite feels right because the delay is moving around like a jackrabbit. Compared to GGPO that allows a little variable lag, but for the most part tries to keep it as static (stable) as possible. Making a better experience.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Damn, i see, didnt realize it was so bad. A GGPO version would be welcomed but as you said cash is the main concern, they dont want to spend it. But on a title like MOTW it would def be worth it. Its "SNK's Third Strike".

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I'm sure SNK knows our preference to GGPO style netcode, but I think the problem is they live in Japan. I watched streams of people from Japan and Korea playing '02UM on PC and the ping was always under 80m/s with most in the 60-70m/s range. With the best connections I have I can barely get a match under 120m/s. It's just night and day with what they have compared to what we have. If the connection is perfect then whatever netcode feels perfect. Fuck they could re-release CVS2 with the same netcode there and it would probably play great.