Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
A reference book with every Neo Geo game. That would be awesome!

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
A reference book with every Neo Geo game. That would be awesome!
That’s what the Geeks-Line book is (currently only available in French). That’s why I still hope that book gets an english release, even though I have the Bitmap book, too.

Ricard350

n00b
The only downside of it (a very 1st world problem) I got the limited edition and it advertised that the poster that came with it were supossed to be size A4 (8.5'' X 11'') but they are in fact 7''11/16 X 11''3/16 so I thought I could put them in A4 picture frame... looks like im gonna have to return the frames to wal mart..... :(

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Special thanks also to forum member Gemant (Marco) for his work on the NeoGeo Masterlist which gave the team a massive head start on working this up to the final copy. Additional thanks also BlackaneseNiNja and Fran who assisted the team with this project.

i am glad i got involved with the project,somehow

i could have done more but there simply wasn't enough time

fingers crossed for a japanese version of the book

should get mine on monday

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
i am glad i got involved with the project,somehow

i could have done more but there simply wasn't enough time

fingers crossed for a japanese version of the book

should get mine on monday

Why do you personally want a Japanese version of the book?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Suchst du Streit mit mir? Ernsthaft?
Schick mir ne PM wenn du einen entsprechenden Thread im War Room aufgemacht hast.

Keep that stuff out of this thread, please.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Sorry that your thread got derailed a little Frazer - back on topic: I received my book yesterday and finally had some time to have a short look at it. Even though it's been said a lot already: the packaging was great, everything arrived in perfect shape. The book itself seems really really well done, the photography, screenshots, art - it absolutely shines. Very glad I picked this up, it's quite the fix for a MVS gamer like me who's never seen the homecarts in real live. I'll have to dedicate quite a few evenings to the text (especially the interviews), as of now I've just flipped through the book in awe of the pictures.
I was pleasantly surprised about finding Pocket related content in almost all parts of the book ("get some color on those cheeks" :lolz:). I also took a glance at the NGP(C) master list. Having all the release dates and NEOP# in one place, along with the correct titles, is a big help. Though I couldn't tell from just looking at the list any Region info - like which games were exclusive to Japan (like Biomotor 2) and which of those are still playable in English (like Big Bang Pro Wrestling or Delta Warp)... I know there's Sweater Fish Deluxe's FAQ, but to have info like that (and maybe some more about planned/cancelled/proto titles) authorized would be awesome. So, what I'm saying it: There's still room for a NGPC book ;) this is just an absolutely minor complaint, I am looking forward to actually sitting down with it and having a proper read of all it has to offer. Thank you Frazer, Brian, Massimiliano and everyone else involved with this for making it a reality and getting SNK on board. This book truly is worthy to bear the Neo Geo brand.

Keep that stuff out of this thread, please.
I'm all for that. Just for the record: I snapped at that Ricard guy because he made an issue out of nothing. I really have no idea what Falk's problem with me is, but I'd like to know (in an appropriate thread, aka the war room).

Last edited:

Retro2DGamer

Crossed Swords Squire
Haven't posted on the forum in nearly seven years, but I feel compelled to complement how great this book is. I was excited the moment I heard about it and was fortunate enough to secure a Mega Edition almost immediately after preordering became available. Yeah, the thing is big, but that does perfect justice to the subject matter. Dripping with quality, from the resolution of the pictures, to the page layouts, to the work put into things like historical accuracy and the master list. It's the kind of book I've waited a long time for, and it already looks great on my bookshelf (on one of the lower rows of it -- it might break right through the floor if fell off the top shelf). And just like one of the recent posts stated, I'd also love to see an English version of the French book come to fruition eventually. Oh, and I was also fortunate enough to not accidentally throw out the pin!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Ha, saw that this morning myself... really wasn't expecting to see this being gouged on YHJ!... eBay, yes. YHJ!, no.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
My Collector's edition arrived!Big thanks to Frazer,Sam and everyone else involved!Amazing book:buttrock:
_20171107_200923.JPG

VirtuaNEStor

Caught Flipping., Deal With At Own Risk.,
4 Collector's Edition copies = 1 Mega Edition copy, the same like Megadrive + Sega Cd + 32x = SEGA Saturn

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
why 4 copies?

One to go in the hermetically sealed vault, one to put on display in a glass cabinet, one as backup to sell and one to actually read... with gloves and no natural light in a small room only for his eyes.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I see he is flipping nes mini's also. What a leech.