Louisville Arcade Expo (3/2-3/4)

kevlo9

New Challenger
Anyone coming to the Louisville Arcade Expo this weekend (3/2-3/4)?

http://www.arcaderx.com/

It's always a good time! I will be bringing my Neo Geo (2 slot)...

neo.jpg

I'll probably rotate the carts a few times over the weekend, but Windjammers will get priority ;)

There will also be some folks there with some sweet Candy Cabs.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I was there, didn't check this til now when I'm home. Had a good time. Didn't play too hot in the pinball tournament. Show was pretty cool though. Seemed like more pinball than arcade stuff this year. Some of the machines though are annoying as hell. They're practically unplayable but people brought like 5 worn out pinball machines with stupid prices on them. Is that really worth the effort?

kevlo9

New Challenger
Yeah, this was kinda an off year...one of the local collectors (who usually brings about 40 or so games) was out of the country. I also felt like this year allot of folks only brought their junk games (left the good stuff at home).

Not allot of Neo Geo cabs...only my mini (2 slot), my buddy's single slot, and another junk cab (with a single slot). I was tempted to bring my 6 slot, but that thing is a pain to move ;)

I still had a GREAT time and turned allot of folks on to Wind Jammers.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I still thought it was a good mix of games, just seemed like it was decidedly more pinball than anything else. My only gripe is I wish the show was open later. That's when most people leave and you can walk around and play whatever you want.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Awwww man I totally forgot about LAX this year, I usually go. I like to try and find neo-geo.com members there. I’ve met people that claim to have been banned from here at that expo lol

kevlo9

New Challenger
I still thought it was a good mix of games, just seemed like it was decidedly more pinball than anything else. My only gripe is I wish the show was open later. That's when most people leave and you can walk around and play whatever you want.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good time. Just not as good as previous years. I did get to meet a couple of Neo Geo nerds that live surprisingly close :)

kevlo9

New Challenger
Nice...I'm in Germantown. Couple other Neo Geo nerds very close by.

Maybe we have enough people for a regular game night now?

We should all go out for dinner or drinks one night to say hello.

no, fuck the rest of Kentucky, just Louisville locals

we only make an exception for fatstacks

Last edited:

kevlo9

New Challenger
My schedule is kinda crazy (and day to day), but I usually try to break free on Wednesday nights...usually hanging out at ZBAR.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
My schedule is kinda crazy (and day to day), but I usually try to break free on Wednesday nights...usually hanging out at ZBAR.

Ohh shit, I usually hang out across the street from ZBar most nights.

Small world,

kevlo9

New Challenger
OK, so we have a Neo Geo nerd that hangs out down the street from me and another that works at a local record shop (that I didn't know existed)?! CRAZY!

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
no, fuck the rest of Kentucky, just Louisville locals

we only make an exception for fatstacks

Awesome!

I've never been to that expo actually. Maybe I can swing by that next year.

RickyHenry

n00b
I have been since the very first one in 2011 and I set up shop every year. It's a great show for playing and it was cool to see Mega Ran return. I wonder if any of you stopped by my booth. There is another little hidden gem show in the area (Huntington, WV) called Power Up that is a ton of fun!

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I have been since the very first one in 2011 and I set up shop every year. It's a great show for playing and it was cool to see Mega Ran return. I wonder if any of you stopped by my booth. There is another little hidden gem show in the area (Huntington, WV) called Power Up that is a ton of fun!

i probably stopped by your booth, i stop by every booth.

I sold a guy a neo-geo pocket B&W system one time there, someone who was selling games at a booth