Post Your Recent Purchases!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Tenchu 2 is awesome. Making missions in that was a total riot when I'd do it with friends. We had one fucked up mission called 'kill the skinny', just a bunch of frail running civilians. That game is super fun and full of great stupid shit. Seeing it makes me want to pull my copy out and make new missions. Good times indeed.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
there's so many games on the PS1 I overlooked when they came out... still find new stuff for that console.
(Yes, never heard of Tenchu 2.)

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
IMG_0743_zpssjlf3sxh.jpg

IMG_0748_zpsjluo5sg8.jpg

IMG_0755_zpsupfpfdlm.jpg

My first Sega System 32: Spider Man, running on my Sega Astro City. Many thanks, NERDtendo.:)

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Got something pretty cool that I thought would be fun to share. Never seen one of these before - the auction claimed it came with some kind of LE of the MD encyclopedia:

MD_Cube1reduced.jpg
MD_Cube2reduced.jpg
MD_Cube3reduced.jpg

The chip is a Sega 315-6123 which appears to be an all-in-one MD from the Rev3 so I don't know if it's actually official since the Rev3 was never released in Japan but if it is home made it's amazing work and super clean.

Last edited:

xsq

Got this yesterday as a birthday present from my gf.
I have never known anyone who owned a GG, so this was really cool of her - she also had the capacitors replaced. I'm still amazed at the thought she put in the gift.

Now I need to research more about the system... I feel like I don't know anything.

hDUFDAg.jpg

Haven't had much time yet, so I have only really played Super Space Invaders a little. It's challenging and the music (plus the sound of the system) is really cool (especially the highscore tune). I checked out X-Men and it seems alright, but on first glance I don't see me putting too many hours in.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Very cool of her to have the caps replaced, that is some huge effort.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Big game gear fan here xsq, nice of your missus to have the caps swopped out for you, the screen is a bit of a dog and it munch's batteries like no other handheld i've ever had, but it has a shit ton of great games and cheap as well.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
xsq - a lucky guy. I got more than 90 GG games and the system is a blast. GZ

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
There's a GG LCD replacement screen out there that might be worth checking out. The original screen is pretty poor, the Majesco version is an improvement and the LCD looks leaps and bounds above both.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Now I need to research more about the system... I feel like I don't know anything.

He knows, plz pay attention before pulling out that mentor act: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...t-Purchases!&p=3981823&viewfull=1#post3981823 ...it's too obvious.
Mentor act? He said he needs to do research because he feels he doesn't know anything so I offered up some information. I'm not sure what your problem is with me, but I guess it's my fault for viewing your ignored post. You're such a useless fuckin' windbag...it's too obvious.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Amazing timing!

The mailman delivered some systems I had new screens, caps and vga out done. The Genny controllers are tweaked so the start button works on the GG.

Last edited:

xsq

nice! How were the mods done? McWill?

I really need to read up on the modding options and what games to get.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Looks awesome on dat astro. Nice grab.

Thanks. Later on I'll post some other PCB's that arrived meanwhile.

@xsq - with caps changed on that GG, you have a portable for more than a decade. The sound of it is nice and loud. Recently I missed a Mega Man for GG, cart only, from 9 euros in a used stuff store.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
nice! How were the mods done? McWill?

I really need to read up on the modding options and what games to get.

I believe it is the McWill mod.

They were done by turbokon at tg16pcemods.com. He's modded a few of my systems.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
look what arrived today. :D

Thanks you The_Chosen_One for the gamepad. A system without one is rather boring. lol

duo-r.jpg

I grabbed a random $5 pce game the other day just to test the card slot. Now to figure out this CD-R business so I can make sure the CD drive works..

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
look what arrived today. :D

Thanks you The_Chosen_One for the gamepad. A system without one is rather boring. lol
I grabbed a random $5 pce game the other day just to test the card slot. Now to figure out this CD-R business so I make sure the CD drive works..

Hey, I may have some loose hucard games available. You can have for free if I can find them tonight.