Visco License Obtained by Pixelheart Games

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
If anyone has a Joshprod Neo-Geo cart, have you opened it? What do the PCBs look like?

Joshprod= Philippe N'Guyen = NeoAyato = NCI = Atomikwave boards.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
If the current Psikyo owners (City Connection) did a Strikers 1945 PLUS AES release i might buy it because i’m crazy.

Andro Dunos is pretty lame though

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
View attachment 57244

Ghost Pilots Catfished my ass with the screenshots in magazines/ads. That scene with the green grass and shit, made me want it before playing it.

Bro you just catfished my ass into wanting to play it, that greenery is lush, lush I tell you.

Then I read your post. You just perpetuated the cycle of Ghost Pilots catfishing, astounding.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Bro you just catfished my ass into wanting to play it, that greenery is lush, lush I tell you.

Then I read your post. You just perpetuated the cycle of Ghost Pilots catfishing, astounding.

It is said that I must catfish a wingman in order to be free of this. Thank you.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
In the era we are in now with flash carts, etc. I don’t know why anyone who actually *plays* their games would piss their money away on this.

If it were a new game maybe it’s worth it, but this is a relatively mediocre game with a promiscuous licensor that has already had it’s day.

It’s 400 euros for a new sticker and label that will always carry a collector’s asterisk.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The only good part in Ghost Pilots is the ending.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
What's the point of this release? (I'm like five-six years removed from the home cart hobby)
It's for noobs that can't afford most real home carts and are too stupid to just buy the mvs.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Had no idea people actually like this game. Bottom tier of Neo shooters .
Andro Dunos is just okay. It's the Kmart version of a Mega Drive shooter. Everything Visco does is the Kmart version.

Breakers is the Kmart version of fighting games. Flip Shot is the Kmart Windjammers. Ganryu is the Kmart token console ninja game. Puzzle de Pon is the Kmart Puzzle Bobble. Captain Tomaday... exists. Even Bang2 Busters is the worst lost game to surface so far (not that there's much competition). All their games go just far enough to get the job done.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Andro Dunos is just okay. It's the Kmart version of a Mega Drive shooter. Everything Visco does is the Kmart version.

Breakers is the Kmart version of fighting games. Flip Shot is the Kmart Windjammers. Ganryu is the Kmart token console ninja game. Captain Tomaday... exists. Even Bang2 Busters is the worst lost game to surface so far (not that there's much competition).

I like the Kmart reference.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist

Breakers is the Kmart version of fighting games. Flip Shot is the Kmart Windjammers. Ganryu is the Kmart token console ninja game. Puzzle de Pon is the Kmart Puzzle Bobble. Captain Tomaday... exists. Even Bang2 Busters is the worst lost game to surface so far (not that there's much competition). All their games go just far enough to get the job done.

I agree with this except for Neo Drift Out and Bang Bang Busters. Those can be some good fun IMO. It's not like the Neo was plentiful in racing games, and Neo Drift Out is surely better than Thrash Rally And OverTop. I'm partial to Bubble Bobble style games so I might be biased on Bang Bang Busters though.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Neo Drift Out is my favorite Neo racer too, but like all Visco games, it's way too short. I'm partial to the Puzzle de Pon's, myself -- I finished both. Like I said, their games are short. I'm also glad to hear someone likes Bang2 Busters.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

Man, now I know why Taiso won’t invite you to the meet.

You must be trolling.

Breakers is the best controlling fighter on the Neo.

Captain Tomato has made three generations of my family happy. Neo Drift Out...I’ll give you that one; however, DriftOut:The Hard Order is the greatest!

Stop sippin on the Hater-aid, my dude!
2d44a44732b4c11a7f05b1cd6c91b182.jpg

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Man, now I know why Taiso won’t invite you to the meet.

You must be trolling.

Breakers is the best controlling fighter on the Neo.

Captain Tomato has made three generations of my family happy. Neo Drift Out...I’ll give you that one; however, DriftOut:The Hard Order is the greatest!

Captain Tomaday gave me carpal tunnel though.

I didn't know they made multiple games in the Drift Out series though. Gonna have to check that out.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I really like Breakers Revenge too. My brother and I got the cart in college and played the hell out of it. It plays really well. I could walk circles around fools with Dao and Sho all day. But it's a Kmart game. The graphics and music... something's off. They wanted to make sure we would never mistake them for SNK or Capcom.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
The Breakers series is decent, even though BR has only 1 additional character; not sure what else is new in that game. Breakers also has smooth animation, solid game play, okay designs, but the sprite coloring/shadowing isn't as dynamic/refined as SNK's offerings. The Breakers' games we got definitely looks more refined than it's proto version, Crystal Legacy:

Dg7UJclX4AAJeKM.jpg

D6N-rJnXoAEjF4f.jpg large.jpg

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

"Kmart version" describes Visco perfectly. They might play well but they always feel like the 'side B' of the Neo.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
In the era we are in now with flash carts, etc. I don’t know why anyone who actually *plays* their games would piss their money away on this.

If it were a new game maybe it’s worth it, but this is a relatively mediocre game with a promiscuous licensor that has already had it’s day.

It’s 400 euros for a new sticker and label that will always carry a collector’s asterisk.

Nobody collects this shit. This Josh Prod shit (nci) has been available on several sites since like 2018. There are no buyers.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The Breakers series is decent, even though BR has only 1 additional character; not sure what else is new in that game. Breakers also has smooth animation, solid game play, okay designs, but the sprite coloring/shadowing isn't as dynamic/refined as SNK's offerings. The Breakers' games we got definitely looks more refined than it's proto version, Crystal Legacy:

View attachment 57260

View attachment 57259

I’m still waiting on that “Breakers Collection” that was announced last year. I’m just curious what the “new features” were that they were going to add: online, unreleased art/production materials, training mode options, etc etc

https://www.gematsu.com/2019/08/2d-...kers-collection-announced-for-consoles-and-pc

They might play well but they always feel like the 'side B' of the Neo.

Sup Burning Fight, yeah that is fair. Visco and even ADK both seem to occupy that space on the system for many. Though in Visco’s case, releases like Puzzle de Pon and the like certainly doesn’t help to change that perception. Visco did manage to put out some solid titles on the neo, but those good titles do feel like exceptions. Their Vasara games hit after the neo so their kudos on the system tend to be limited to niche fanbases for Neo Drift Out and Breakers.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

You have bad taste, and probably don't know how to play any of those games.

Hey I know, why don't you make a youtube video about all of them!

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Neo Geo is the Kmart version of CPS1.