Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

I've run my board on both a 19" CGA and a 27" VGA monitor and I've found that the screen tearing isn't nearly as bad on the smaller CGA. A SLG won't work with it on the VGA, or didn't for me at least.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Does anyone know if it's safe to run both display outputs at the same time? Arcade Monitor off the jamma edge and a VGA Display off the VGA connector at the same time?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does anyone know if it's safe to run both display outputs at the same time? Arcade Monitor off the jamma edge and a VGA Display off the VGA connector at the same time?

It should be fine since it isn't like the old ones where you had to select which monitor type you are using. If anything you'll just get a dim/no picture.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi,i buy one pandora´s box 3,but dont work !! the cabinent dont start,the power supply reset constalty. With board Neo Geo MVS works fine...i have four buttons for each player. Any help ???

Some power supplies do not work unless they have a minimum load. Maybe the power requirements for the Pandora are not enough to load your power supply up to the minimum required, therefore it does not work. Have you tried with a different power supply?

Regards.

estionx

n00b
Some power supplies do not work unless they have a minimum load. Maybe the power requirements for the Pandora are not enough to load your power supply up to the minimum required, therefore it does not work. Have you tried with a different power supply?

Regards.

Hi,i dont have any other power supply only the one seen in the video,Hantarex us150. If dont connect anything to the jamma harness does the same thing with the pandora. Only works with the MVS board.

Last edited:

estionx

n00b
Solved,i tin a 12v/50w bulb in +5v line for load more power to start the power supply. The pandora box dont request the minimun load.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Solved,i tin a 12v/50w bulb in +5v line for load more power to start the power supply. The pandora box dont request the minimun load.

Good to know, the power supply on the supergun I'm building requires a minimum load too, handy solution in case I get a Pandora in the future.

Regards.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hi,how to control the volume? in some game is too strong !!
I'd say the biggest drawback for me right now is the tiny volume control wheel and the varying volume of each game. It does take some patience reaching down to adjust it as you load up different games, which has me thinking about tapping the PCB itself and creating a more user friendly volume control nob that can be mounted remotely away from the board.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Well mine came in today but still no word on the converter from jammaboards, getting a little worried about that. Mine was this light blue color too, same kind of case just a different color. Opened it up and it has the same revision and date as the topic creators one.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just an FYI but you can't set these boards to free play so make sure you have the ability to add credits or you are buggered.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Well mine came in today but still no word on the converter from jammaboards, getting a little worried about that. Mine was this light blue color too, same kind of case just a different color. Opened it up and it has the same revision and date as the topic creators one.

I'm interested to hear how you make out with this version. From what I read on AliExpress the "Blue" case is for the PCB that's "HD". I don't know if that means means the VGA out is 720p.

I just tested mine finally with a 4:3 17inch LCD and it looks pretty good. Mind you I found this LCD at a garage sale for $5, and it's not exactly calibrated yet. It shows the signal as 640x480 @59Hz.

17348913266_34299dd347_b.jpg

17187284920_418bfcb9a9_b.jpg

MrMark0673

n00b
Pulled the trigger on one, tough not to at that price. Paid for FedEx express through the alibaba link, hopefully it comes in soon.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Pulled the trigger on one, tough not to at that price. Paid for FedEx express through the alibaba link, hopefully it comes in soon.

They're worth the price but far from perfect. Editing the games list is a plus.

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It's not perfect, but it works great and it's the best xxxin1 jamma board out there

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
New Pandora adapters are in:

jnx-atlas.jpg

PM me if you need one, right now I can only make roughly 5. Can support both CPS1 and CPS2 kick harnesses, can be purchased as a standalone adapter without the optional voltmeter, can also be used as just a voltmeter by moving the two jumpers over.

Jonathan32

n00b
Has anyone that bought the Jamma to Mvs adapter from Jammaboards.com heard anything yet? This is so frustrating, they sent me an email stating that they were back in stock on the website back in March I believe. So of course I ordered one right away because I have a few Jamma Pcbs that I want to use in my 2-slot. I have emailed them and called the phone number that is listed on my invoice receipt over and over but can not get through to any one. Does this company have problems filling orders with all products or just the adapters? What gets me is that they send you a notice saying "hey, just wanted to let you know that the certain product you want to buy is now in stock. You may purchase here." It makes it seem like they are deliberately scamming people. I mean why would they say they have them in stock when obviously they don't?

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I'm pretty sure that the main person runs the site has cancer, I think someone might have mentioned that in this thread. Also their twitter account mentions something about cancer sucks. I am in the same boat as you as in waiting on a converter but if there are health issues I am willing to wait a little.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I've dealt with Tim many times and he sometimes has problems where he is stuck in the hospital. A friend of mine has a family member that had cancer and it really does take a toll on people especially when undergoing therapy for it.

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
H
I've dealt with Tim many times and he sometimes has problems where he is stuck in the hospital. A friend of mine has a family member that had cancer and it really does take a toll on people especially when undergoing therapy for it.
I can attest to this too. My dad passed away last week from lung cancer and he was hell bent on paying his customers right until the end despite the fact that it was out of his power. He was a veterinarian but it's the same mindset.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
H
I can attest to this too. My dad passed away last week from lung cancer and he was hell bent on paying his customers right until the end despite the fact that it was out of his power. He was a veterinarian but it's the same mindset.

Sorry to hear that bro.