Ghost experiences

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Do people understand how many billions of people have lived since the dawn of man?

Shouldn't we be up to our asses in ghosts right about now?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's a good question, so rather than giving a standard shitty answer I had a think and will try to answer honestly.

I think it irks me personally because, like religion, it's the belief in something without evidence. Once you are happy to remove the need for evidence (and I mean genuine evidence, not just testament) then what's the point in trying to talk about anything or further ourselves in anything?

For me it's just another sign that we as a race will forever more be burning the demons out of children and all the other endless piles of shit that people do in the name of superstition and deities.

Let me qualify this by saying there are definitely fantastical things that I don't believe in due to a lack of evidence that will turn out to be true, no question, but I just can't bring myself to blindly believe in them beforehand.

yeah pretty much this right here.

Bakaboy asking 'durr why do you guys get so angry over people who believe the stupidest shit without evidence durr' is just ugh man. Just, ugh. The fuck is wrong with you.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I think belief is a strange thing. It is a type of knowledge qualified through personal judgement. It is almost redundant as a concept. To not believe in something is paramount to believing in that same thing. Better to sidestep the issue. Does God exist? Who the fuck knows but then again fuck him /her/it/them if he/she/it/they does/do.

Just enjoy the ghost stories without trying to disprove everything or doubting. Ultimately when someone tells a ghost story, in the back of their minds they know they are somehow twisting it to fit the narrative.
I've had spooky shit happen various times but I can't 100% say it was ghosts or spirits, but then maybe it was, I don't think it matters enough to me if there is something true or not about it. I enjoy some of the lore enough to pay attention. That also includes astrology and premonitions.

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Any time something unexplained happens, don't try to explain it by jumping to the conclusion that it could be the supernatural, when it's obvious the answer could be...

W84BtfO.jpg

And that my friends is what the moral high ground looks like.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I give birth to angels straight from my astral vagina.

Yet again, that too was just an all to often confused for the supernatural, ordinary fart.

Also, I have nothing to do tonight but shit post.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Do people understand how many billions of people have lived since the dawn of man?

Shouldn't we be up to our asses in ghosts right about now?

Some people are too stupid to even die right? ;)

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I would love it if Bigfoot were real all of a sudden. People would start to question EVERYTHING.

In my experience, any true cryptozoologist (i.e., someone who knows a lot about biology, physiology, behavior, etc. of animals and how they interact with their environment) will tell you that bigfoot is bullshit, scientifically speaking. I'm pretty convinced the yeti is real though. DNA evidence of an undocumented primate has been found in the mountains of Bhutan.

It's a good question, so rather than giving a standard shitty answer I had a think and will try to answer honestly.

I think it irks me personally because, like religion, it's the belief in something without evidence. Once you are happy to remove the need for evidence (and I mean genuine evidence, not just testament) then what's the point in trying to talk about anything or further ourselves in anything?

For me it's just another sign that we as a race will forever more be burning the demons out of children and all the other endless piles of shit that people do in the name of superstition and deities.

Let me qualify this by saying there are definitely fantastical things that I don't believe in due to a lack of evidence that will turn out to be true, no question, but I just can't bring myself to blindly believe in them beforehand.

I think the people asking "why do you believe?" are overthinking it:

7e3.jpg

That, combined with how the person is brought up (esp. in "folk" communities) and their own experiences.

Like I said, I don't believe in an afterlife. But I've had a handful of very strange experiences. Another point is that I've seen some stuff on the paranormal TV shows that is flabbergasting. Of course I can't take what I see on those shows as fact (whether footage is being misinterpreted or outright faked), but they do make me ask certain questions and try to figure out what's going on in the event that what we're seeing is real.

One other point, speaking of TV, ask a kid I used to watch those "Greatest UFO Evidence Caught on Tape" and such, and I'd be blown away by some of the footage. These days, knowing camera and lighting equipment and how certain things appear on screen, 99.9% of that stuff goes out the window.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Agreed. I don't talk about politics or religion and now I've added ghosts to the list. Too much faggotry.

As I get older two things strike me.

1) If anything matters it's probably the things you list above.

2) Probably nothing matters.

Fills in some time though eh

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

Personally the way I look at everything is people in general don't have a clear grasp at what they see when it comes to stuff like this. Ask one person and it's supernatural. Another and it's hallucination. To me, it's similar to the dark ages when someone put medicine on someone's head and they recover miraculously they were healed by a simple touch, or taking a bath and washing your clothes is an miracle cure for the black plague.

All I can do is say what I see and how it translates to how I perceive it. Does that mean I am right? Absolutely not. Does it mean I believe in everything I see? Not really. I always try to keep an open mind to anything I see that I cannot explain. Though I do think Men in Black explains it best when it comes to the human psyche of dealing with stuff like this.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
The problem with alot of this kind of thing the way I see it is the issue of ego and the idea of self. To really get any kind of understanding of these things you have to accept you are a part of something bigger. That does not have to be a god or anything about religion either. An acceptance that life on this planet can be seen as one big living being does the same. Basically like the human body is made up of millions of different living cells/organisims each with their own roll, so life on the planet can be looked at in those terms also with evolution simply showing how it grows.

When it comes to spirit for me, the idea that it has a sence of self is just not happening. Its more a case of the energy trying to communicate in a way the receiver understands. If that means appearing as your dead family member (or making you hallucinate to see that) then so be it. If it means altering your dreams then spirit will. If its an orb floating around the room... and so on.

If you don't believe in this kind of thing then its all good.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I forgot about the one time I was doing a disk to disk sector copy in Ghost 7, one of the hard drives started on fire.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
While I don't doubt that people have these things happen to them and that they feel very real, supernatural explanations are silly rationalizations clouded by stories told in media and the cultural zeitgeist. Just because something can't be currently explained by science doesn't mean it's dead people always just outside your field of vision or that aliens stole you away in the night to stick things in your ass.

It's amazing that with everyone having phones on them at all times for the last 10+ years, we haven't gotten a single non-blurry photo of ghosts, bigfoot, aliens or any of the other 20th century folk tales. It's almost as though the human senses and trailer trash are easily fooled.

Food for thought:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#Suggested_relationship_to_ghost_sightings
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Perslutely Men in Black

th thing is to "know" anything is useless especially in that context all the crap he listd was debunked...sure he was going to learn some "troof" but even tbat can change in time without even changing or perceptio
s over tbat time....even time and existence...well you know now!

razoola sort of makes it sound reasonable but theres more to it.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
razoola sort of makes it sound reasonable but theres more to it.

Yea there is defo so so much more to it and I really do not have the answers or predend that I do. I just try to explain what I feel in a way that makes sence to me. To be honest I don't think the human mind has the ability to understand given the view point of our existance through life.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Are ghosts restricted to humans. Are there animal ghosts? What happens to their souls after they die? Can our pet’s spirit live on after bodily death? What kind of heaven doesn’t allow cats and dogs in?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Are ghosts restricted to humans. Are there animal ghosts? What happens to their souls after they die? Can our pet’s spirit live on after bodily death? What kind of heaven doesn’t allow cats and dogs in?

I wonder if monkeys ask these questions? probably not considering very few animals can recognise themselves in a mirror I'd say it would be radio silence on that subject.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member

Most definately can be. Speak to any Native American about this and I'm sure they would have quite a bit to say on the matter. In many ways one could say animals are more in tune to these kind of things than humans are.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Most definately can be. Speak to any Native American about this and I'm sure they would have quite a bit to say on the matter. In many ways one could say animals are more in tune to these kind of things than humans are.

On the other hand, the poor things would probably be deemed as "soulless" and therefore by order not permitted beyond the pearly gates. I blame Saint Peter.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I'd rather hear this story.

He sure did say "dicked" around a lot.:keke:

On topic - Several years ago I live in a very old building that was renovated into a loft apartment. Everything started out fine....but the longer I was there stuff got more and more strange.