What does the memory card do?

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
Besides saving stages in fighting games , I mean...

I got this old MV-1 that has the memory card connectors, and I was wondering if it's worth it to get the memory card boards and swap out my MV-1F...

Thanks in advance. wink

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I believe that's about it, anything you can save such as high scores and stages, but other than that I doubt there is too much use for it on an MVS. The original point was so that you could take your card after playing on your home system to the arcades, and pick up where you left off.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, it is a bit of a time saver on fighting games... so you can see all endings and stuff. And it is cool on the slugs, you can start at different stages, etc... Nice addition to a collection, but certainly not essential. Oh and it doesn't save highscores (except maybe for one or two titles)...

-Nick

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Mem Card + MVS isn't all that exciting.
Mem Card + Universe Bios + MVS works a little better since you at least have access to a memory card manager.

Josh

Banned
td741:
Mem Card + Universe Bios + MVS works a little better since you at least have access to a memory card manager.
I have a US AES system, no mod at all. If I get a memory card for the system, there isn't any type of memory card manager I can access??

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
NEOryu:
td741:
I have a US AES system, no mod at all. If I get a memory card for the system, there isn't any type of memory card manager I can access??
Yes there is. Insert any game and the memcard and power on your machine. Then press and hold all four buttons on your controller and press the reset button - the memory card manager will appear where you can copy/delete saves and format fresh cards.

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
AFAIK in RB2, if u turned on one of da dip sw, it shows u to use Geese RBS style if u own da "Action/Tool Memory Card".

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
Well, i think you can save on hidden bosses. Like Geese in RBS or RB2 (can´t remember).

And it saves the options in Metal Slug 3 which imho is pretty useless. It should save high scores for goods sake!