Welcome to the Collection Gallery: proper gallery etiquette

Shawn

snkusa.com
Awesome!

2MB photo limit will work :D
It was really hard to get decent photos on the album page at <100 kb each.

Btw, can you update the album pict size to 2MB too?

And, is it possible to update the "Collections/NEO·GEO.COM COLLECTION GALLERY"?
I liked it... easy to find a username alphabetically, and click to see the images.

When I first joined neo-geo.com, I was in awe at some of the collections I had seen...

Gotta take some new hi-res photos with my GH2 :drool:

Album settings are as follows:
album-settings.jpg

Let's leave the outdated collection gallery that's hosted on the main site intact (historical collection time machine for reference), but will provide updated link to new Collection Gallery forum in near future from main site.

Most of us are really looking forward to seeing your latest collection + home theater pics and your GH2 should do it justice. I'll probably use one of your pics for the Collection Gallery forum banner if that's allright with you.

8man

Administrator
Most of us are really looking forward to seeing your latest collection + home theater pics and your GH2 should do it justice. I'll probably use one of your pics for the Collection Gallery forum banner if that's allright with you.

No prob, alright with me ... will take time for new GH2 pics.
(I'm testing out some new panoramic apps)

Collection is BIGGER · BADDER · BETTER than evar!!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
No prob, alright with me ... will take time for new GH2 pics.
(I'm testing out some new panoramic apps)

Collection is BIGGER · BADDER · BETTER than evar!!

Pano from the appstore is all you need.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
The photos my camera takes are 1.92MB and 1.87MB and it won't let me upload them. Not sure why...

Shawn

snkusa.com
Assuming you were using the album storage, yours pics likely exceed the 1920 x 1080 maximum dimensions. Do people want these dimensions increased? I was thinking that anything beyond these dimensions would be a hassle, forcing most/all of us to scroll horizontally to view the pics.

If using the File Upload Manager for attachments, then maximum file size is set to 2000000 bytes, or 1.9 megabytes per picture. I think that's plenty, otherwise someone with 10 pictures on their collection page is going to trigger 20 MB downloads per visit.

TheLizardKing

Crossed Swords Squire
This is a great forum. Maybe it would be even greater if we could have stickies at the top of the other threads where members post pics of their collections like the show em if you got em candy cabs/big reds and the game room thread. Either stickies or sub-forums at the top.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
If using the File Upload Manager for attachments, then maximum file size is set to 2000000 bytes, or 1.9 megabytes per picture. I think that's plenty, otherwise someone with 10 pictures on their collection page is going to trigger 20 MB downloads per visit.

Damn ok. I'm just barely over the limit on some of the pictures. I don't know how to shrink them in size so I'll just have to host them elsewhere...

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Guys, any tips for getting the pics under 2MB?

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
I went to delete a couple pictures that I thought were extraneous from my collection of pictures but it ended up being posted at the bottom of the post as Attached Images. Im not able to find in the editing how to delete this out or in the manage files. Any suggestions?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I went to delete a couple pictures that I thought were extraneous from my collection of pictures but it ended up being posted at the bottom of the post as Attached Images. Im not able to find in the editing how to delete this out or in the manage files. Any suggestions?

Remove the links to the pics from your post.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I never realised people had so many arcade machines until I saw the pics in this forum.

Where are all the actual NEO GEO collection pics?

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
Yes there is. If you hit edit and it says ATTACH Number /ATTACH those are the links to the uploaded file.

Right, I understand. Thats actually what I did in the first place and then the pictures went to the bottom in the grey Attached Images box. For fun I playd around in the preview window and deleted all the pictures and they all became attached images (I didnt save, just messed around with it.) It appears that if you delete those specific Attach Image numbers they drop to the bottom in that grey box instead of disappearing for some reason.

90s

I can't edit my OP at this time.

Same here. Do we lose the edit function on the OP after a certain amount of time? Can we make another post with the new things?

Shawn

snkusa.com
That's odd. Both of you (90s & MegaGraffin) should be able to edit your posts, any of your posts, within the Collection Gallery forum. I double checked permissions and it's set to 'Yes' for Can Edit Own Posts for your particular user group. Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this problem and it will be resolved.

90s

That's odd. Both of you (90s & MegaGraffin) should be able to edit your posts, any of your posts, within the Collection Gallery forum. I double checked permissions and it's set to 'Yes' for Can Edit Own Posts for your particular user group. Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this problem and it will be resolved.

It seems that it is an issue for several people.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Ok, I think that did it, again. Members originally had the correct permissions because people were editing their original post beyond a month after creating their collection thread, but then they lost this ability somehow (permissions were reset I assume). I recreated custom permissions for each usergroup that apply only to the Collection Gallery forum AND activated the 'Use Custom Permissions' setting. Everyone should now have these abilities:
  • Can View Forum
  • Can View Thread Content
  • Can View Others' Threads
  • Can Use Email to Friend
  • Can Download Attachments
  • Can See Thumbnails
  • Can Search Forums
  • Can Post Threads
  • Can Reply to Own Threads
  • Can Reply to Others' Threads
  • Can Edit Own Posts
  • Can Delete Own Posts
  • Can Delete Own Threads
  • Can Open / Close Own Threads
  • Can Tag Own Threads (restricted for new members)
  • Can Tag Others' Threads (restricted for new members)
  • Can Upload Attachments
  • Can Post Polls
  • Can Vote on Polls

Hopefully these settings stick this time. If anyone has trouble then please post here and I'll inspect your account and modify your usergroup accordingly.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Looks like I can't edit the OP in my collection thread like others have had issues with.