most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
this Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits!

this is the only game that should have the pure Samurai Shodown/Spirits title!

SS 2019 should get a sequel/successor number in the title.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member

No.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

This is what happens when the Federal Government cuts funding for mental health services. People like you can't get the treatment and medication they need. It's really fucking outrageous that our defense spending is so overblown but meanwhile we have people who really need help like you running around unsupervised like little ticking time bombs. Do you have a parent or older family member who can kind of look out for you a little?

saner

Krauser's Henchman
You know I am right, but in total spite, your just throw insults to fill your delusion of superiority!

I talk Samurai Shodown series, while you just dedicate an ENTIRE post to insult me. and you speak of mental health services.......

go eat a rice cracker.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
You know I am right, but in total spite, your just throw insults to fill your delusion of superiority!

I talk Samurai Shodown series, while you just dedicate an ENTIRE post to insult me. and you speak of mental health services.......
If you weren't such a mental midget, you'd notice the irony of saying that in a post that is dedicated entirely to me and doesn't talk about Samurai Shodown at all.

Get help. I'm not worried about you hurting yourself so much, but there's the possibility you might harm others.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
If you weren't such a mental midget, you'd notice the irony of saying that in a post that is dedicated entirely to me and doesn't talk about Samurai Shodown at all.

Get help. I'm not worried about you hurting yourself so much, but there's the possibility you might harm others.

wtf you just flame bait for a hobby with your passive aggressive insults. everytime someone says someone has mental illness or something like that,
that's a reflection of your own bitter personality belittling those that are better than you are to make you feel better about yourself.
ha. hurting others. you hurt this topic derailing it with your antagonistic ridicule of me.

so to stay on topic, might as well have this post having something Samurai Shodown in it.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
perhaps Samurai Shodown 2019 will have a countdown reveals like KOFXIV received all the way to launch.

and SS 2019 has advantage since its roster hasnt been leaked months ago.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
SNK is proof that evolution can go in reverse. The game already looks unappealing graphically. It's like a poor man's SF4 with swords and ink effects. The new SNK is trash when it comes to aesthetics. KOF 13 as well as 14 had weird character designs that desecrates the original designs of some characters like king and yuri. It's like a child who came up with the designs and got a small chocolate for his/her effort.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
samurai-spirits-new-logo.jpg
Official logo as seen recently at a Shanghai event where SNK talked e-sport and ran the already seen SS trailer.
The look of Haohmaru is ever so slightly shit.
Logo is horrible, too similar to Soul Calibur series.

capsule_616x353.jpg

but whatever, it's kind of meaningless. Game is what matters and it should be good

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
wtf you just flame bait for a hobby with your passive aggressive insults.
You take that back, you blind fucking addled goon. Nothing about my insults to you is passive.

And look! The game has no number. You should boycott to help prove your point that the game needs a number to be popular, despite the fact that in the only country the series has been a smash success in -- Japan -- the only games in the main series to have a number were Zero and Zero Special. And even there, the "Zero" was written as "零" not as a numeral. How do you explain that, you wall-eyed buffoon?

And the only two Samurai Spirits games to have any numeral in the title whatsoever were both named Samurai Spirits 2. One for Neo 64 and one for NGPC. So yeah, numbers are soooooo important.

There, my post had more about Samurai Spirits in it than just an unwatchable video due to squished aspect ratio.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
And the only two Samurai Spirits games to have any numeral in the title whatsoever were both named Samurai Spirits 2.

They never knew what they were doing. If they ever want to become popular, they need to put a w in "Shodown". It should definitely be spelled "Shodownw", or go all in for the American audience with "ShodownWWII".

saner

Krauser's Henchman
wtf. first of all, it can still do well without a number, but it still conflicts and disrespects the existence of the first Samurai Shodown/Spirits which already bears that same exact title.

and a reboot would be wasteful to a legacy thats already established (like DmC was rejected so much that capcom backpeddled to making DMC V instead of a DmC2. )

they could bundle Samurai Shodown RPG with Samurai Shodown 2019! that would be win/win for fans!
they now have the resources to actually port it and localize it on PS4, the best selling platform this generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4xR_06t74E

they could even offer it for free for those that preorder SS 2019, and double profits selling it as its own RPG too, physically and digitally overall.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
wtf. first of all, it can still do well without a number, but it still conflicts and disrespects the existence of the first Samurai Shodown/Spirits
Then so does the NGP game and the first Neo64 game, you fucking doof. Oh wait, no it doesn't. Because like those two games, this is a new series on a new console. And like those two games, sharing a name doesn't mean it has to be a reboot. Stop being a weirdo.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
https://mobile.twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki/status/1079757450566422533

DvwRrRRUUAA6pYo

From the new game's art designer.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Then so does the NGP game and the first Neo64 game, you fucking doof. Oh wait, no it doesn't. Because like those two games, this is a new series on a new console. And like those two games, sharing a name doesn't mean it has to be a reboot. Stop being a weirdo.

My man, You're too old to argue with a guy who obviously needs some sort of help.

saner

Krauser's Henchman

nice. what could be their strategy for 2019 to make sure Samurai Shodown 7 surpasses KOFXIV numbers and perhaps could reach mainstream status or somewhere between?

overall, SNK is up against DOA6 (which is releasing Q1 2019), and MK11 (which launches in 2 months). and uh, well not sure about Jump Force, did that launch already ? not sure. but anyways, SNK has to make some big waves with the 2019 Samurai Shodown for it to succeed.

it would be good to have a weekly series of character reveals somewhat with what they did with KOFXIV. not sure how much and what modes it will have, but they really gotta have an effective strategy to make the new Samurai Shodown as mainstream as possible, or gain much higher profits than KOFXIV.

it is possible but overall various factors are considered, and its estimated Q2 launch, I just dunno when and how they are gonna get a motivational Samurai Shodown 2019 campaign going.
are they gonna wait after MK 11 launches and some weeks or a month for hype for that to dwindle first? that might be a sound strategy.

though overall, it will be the content and presentation that can sell the game. though they really gotta somehow grab more attention. though I think Samurai Shodown IP does have greater potential than KOF to get more people interesting. I mean even among weapons fighting games, it really stands out and hardcore and more fun for casuals since Samurai Shodown does have much stronger attacks and gratuitous violence.

I think if the finishers, blood and gore are done really well, it can easily earn a lot more hype and attention.
though yes of course mechanics are key too, I think they should have a mechanic select system like SSVI has, that way they could incorporate SSV Special system/controls/gauge style to the gameplay too. SSVS has the greatest systems in the series.

as for netcode, I feel KOFXIV's netcode is underrated, there's some viral antifans that wanna underrate every SNK netcode out there, but maybe SS netcode can be noticably better so there's less complaints about netcode. like even SF games, MK games and SCVI lag online but most dont make a big deal out of it.

it will be interesting how substantial the net Samurai Shodown could turn out. the gameplay overall gotta be outstanding and presentation phenomenol. the teaser trailer was a good start but they should make sure to not botch nor dumb down the blood nor finisher aspects. I say there should be at least two categories of finishers, the last slash that triggers different finishers, AND the quarter circle input finisher that can unleash a unique a bloody finisher for each character (which eliminates the gauge whether it hits or not) and can only be done during decisive round that the player is able to win the match (there should be single round rule option included).

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Damn dude you are long winded and you like to repeat yourself.

He's a motherfucker. Every time I see this thread at the top of the section I think something new has turned up. But no, it's just Saner babbling to himself. Again

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Every time I see this thread at the top of the section I think something new has turned up. But no, it's just Saner babbling to herself. Again

blame SNK being so quiet. well its only the first month, but still, they should be promoting and informing the mainstream about the game.
some think that waiting until after the MK11 hype drops, they'll start promoting the fighting game consistently. overall one can be optimistic, especially with how KOFXIV and even SNK Heroines received noticable promotions.

but a little speculation and opinions doesnt hurt. meanwhile fans of other fighting series are discussing current and upcoming games, but its a shame that a Samurai Shodown fanbase is like hibernating here. but even if there is no news, it can still be talked about, even Pokemon 2019 is being talked about, and that generates more community activity overall.

also I havent been posting here that often and at least I don't dedicate a post to insulting and slandering someone here.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
blame SNK being so quiet. well its only the first month, but still, they should be promoting and informing the mainstream about the game.
some think that waiting until after the MK11 hype drops, they'll start promoting the fighting game consistently. overall one can be optimistic, especially with how KOFXIV and even SNK Heroines received noticable promotions.

but a little speculation and opinions doesnt hurt. meanwhile fans of other fighting series are discussing current and upcoming games, but its a shame that a Samurai Shodown fanbase is like hibernating here. but even if there is no news, it can still be talked about, even Pokemon 2019 is being talked about, and that generates more community activity overall.

also I havent been posting here that often and at least I don't dedicate a post to insulting and slandering someone here.
I would say that in your own way, your posts are the most offensive here.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
If anything, the Metroid Prime 4 update proves that sometimes no news is very good news. Nintendo just went with the Python-esque "all of the people making this game have been sacked, we will now redo everything in a completely different style." SNK probably doesn't have the war chest to get away with that, so they need to take their time and get everything right the first time.