Ninja Master's question!

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Were there ever any additional materials made for Ninja Master's? i.e.: any art books, Gamest Mooks, anything other than the Home, MVS and Neo CD games themselves?

Do the NM characters appear in any of SNK's art books?

Like anything?Any help is supremely appreciated!

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Originally posted by neobuyer:
<strong>Were there ever any additional materials made for Ninja Master's? i.e.: any art books, Gamest Mooks, anything other than the Home, MVS and Neo CD games themselves?

Do the NM characters appear in any of SNK's art books?

Like anything?Any help is supremely appreciated!</strong><hr></blockquote>

There is a Ninja Master mook.
Mone I'm not aware of but who knows.
Evilwasabi for sure is quite informed about that.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
yes, there is a mook, and it's pretty hard to come by. It's a "Geibun" mook, as NeogeoFreak (NF) was published by Geibunsha, so 100% official.

There is also an OST soundtrack made by Scitron, which I have. I wish there was an AST, but unfortunately there is not. As for magazine coverage, many of the NeogeoFreak magazines offer in depth analysys (which is all included in the mook btw) during the middle of 1996.

And it's one of my favorite games. Still looking for a mint, unfreaked mook myself.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Originally posted by EvilWasabi:
<strong>yes, there is a mook, and it's pretty hard to come by. It's a "Geibun" mook, as NeogeoFreak (NF) was published by Geibunsha, so 100% official.

There is also an OST soundtrack made by Scitron, which I have. I wish there was an AST, but unfortunately there is not. As for magazine coverage, many of the NeogeoFreak magazines offer in depth analysys (which is all included in the mook btw) during the middle of 1996.

And it's one of my favorite games. Still looking for a mint, unfreaked mook myself.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Any suggestions on where I could find one of the Mooks or the OST? (Yahoo Japan?)

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
exactly. Yahoo Japan, maybe amazon.co.jp.

I tried going through Kinokuniya and they said they'd try to find it, and I had my hopes up for a month, but then they sent a card saying it couldn't be found. :(

daybona

Juz,
I have the mvs of this game and 20 shock boxes on the way so somebody of greater photoshop skill than myself needs to make a custom insert for this game, cuz I gots to get my inserts yo!

Originally posted by EvilWasabi:
<strong>
There is also an OST soundtrack made by Scitron, which I have. I wish there was an AST, but unfortunately there is not. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Incorrect. The Neo-Geo CD version of Ninja Master's has an arranged soundtrack. Believe me, I own the MVS and CD version, and when I compared the two in June 2002, I found the Ninja Master's soundtrack for the Neo-Geo CD to be arranged. So there!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Originally posted by insaneben:
<strong>

Incorrect. The Neo-Geo CD version of Ninja Master's has an arranged soundtrack. Believe me, I own the MVS and CD version, and when I compared the two in June 2002, I found the Ninja Master's soundtrack for the Neo-Geo CD to be arranged. So there!</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's very interesting. However, no AST was sold by Scitron, according to the records in NF.

Still, if you have it, I'd like to hear it sometime. We'll have to get together now.

[ October 31, 2002: Message edited by: EvilWasabi ]</p>

Sadly, I ended up selling it last July in order to fund my trip to Otakon 2002. So unfortunately, I can't show you proof. However, I did stumble upon some site that had mp3s of Ninja Masters (arranged; can't remember what site it is, though).

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Chainsawyak has it. We can prove this next sunday. I played the CD version for a year before I got the MVS version... I remember higher quality sound, not an arranged soundtrack.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Originally posted by insaneben:
<strong>Sadly, I ended up selling it last July in order to fund my trip to Otakon 2002. So unfortunately, I can't show you proof. However, I did stumble upon some site that had mp3s of Ninja Masters (arranged; can't remember what site it is, though).</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've got the tracks now.

I want to know the definition of "arranged" though. In a musical sense, arranged means to rescore music by playing it with instruments not of the original composition.

In this case, I thought an arrangement would mean done without a synthesizer (using real instruments: violins... drums).

A friend tells me this is not the case, though, and arranged just means higher quality...

The tracks are definitely higher quality... but I don't think it is arranged by definition. I believe the MVS just couldn't handle sounds as well as digital quality. A better synthesizer used? Maybe... but the instruments used aren't different.

I guess of course arranged could mean "ordered", as in the tracks were released by a company in a specific order - like how our popular music albums are composed. I can't confirm this though... as I don't know the source of the tracks I have.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
If your friend is Eddie, then you should get ear plugs.

I have a bunch of arranged and original albums. If you ever come over you can listen to them and hear for yourself what the difference is. I might be wrong, but I think that not every Neo CD game used the arranged version, and I'm thinking Samurai Shdown 2 when I say that. I have both the arranged and the original, so that's where I'm judging from. I think SSIII used the arranged on CD though. They sound a lot different...