Post Your Recent Purchases!

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
It's in great condition and choplifter is a fun game indeed. I want a cocktail sometime.
Always liked them a lot.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm gonna get market access in no time. Hate hate hate hate hate

No.

Cooler. Three days.

giphy.gif

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Nice thrift store find. All the games except for D&D look like they've never been used. Even that game is super mint. Wish I knew the story behind them. I'm amazed the box for Gargoyles isn't destroyed.

2019-09-05 (5).jpg

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Nice thrift store find. All the games except for D&D look like they've never been used. Even that game is super mint. Wish I knew the story behind them. I'm amazed the box for Gargoyles isn't destroyed.

View attachment 54812
Gargoyles isn't bad for a license game on the genesis still it's difficulty can be rather nasty.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Gargoyles isn't bad for a license game on the genesis still it's difficulty can be rather nasty.

It's not bad at all, you can really see there was ambition involved to capture the dark gothic-inspired atmosphere of the animated series. The animations of Goliath are very good, fluid and full of detailed frames, his ability to fly is a great addition to the gameplay, alas, the controls are seriously lacking precision and the dark tone gets tiresome after the first stage.

You can't see your enemies early enough, because everything is too dim. Worst of all, though, is your main weapon: Fighting solely with your fists is already underwhelming, but the fact that your attack lacks power and rage, turned me off for good. I like difficult games, if the difficulty is based on clever stage/enemy layout and not on underpowering your character.

Lately I turned my attention towards lesser known western developed games on the Mega Drive, something I ignored for a long time, and like a lot of them. The best among them so far were Aero the AcroBat 2, Tinhead, Phantom 2040, Mr. Nutz, Radical Rex, Scooby-Doo Mystery, Bubble and Squeak and Hurricanes. I even liked The Tick, though it's obscure as hell.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Found this on the cheap. These Crosley's have an awful rep that they damage records, etc.
The records don't sound that good as opposed to on a better turntable, that's a given, but there's virtually no audible wear even after a bunch of plays of the same record on a Crosley.

KcUsNNL.jpg

And got these as well.

VaXg4JH.jpg

cOwDIxq.jpg

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
My girlfriend has the same Crosley set up. I was super afraid of putting any of my records on it for the first year or so of hanging around with her, but eventually I warmed up to the thing, bought a new stylus for it and could care less now. The internal speaker isn't great in it, but I don't think it's wearing out my records at all. It's nice when you don't have space for a full stereo.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
My girlfriend has the same Crosley set up. I was super afraid of putting any of my records on it for the first year or so of hanging around with her, but eventually I warmed up to the thing, bought a new stylus for it and could care less now. The internal speaker isn't great in it, but I don't think it's wearing out my records at all. It's nice when you don't have space for a full stereo.

Crosley actually sells a wide range of record players and turntables. Some good ones among those. But even the cheapest ones are very unlikely to destroy your records. Even after about 100 plays of the same record (unlikely for most people to play a record that many times) you'd get very minor wear, at most.

The myth has been built up that the tracking force (5 grams) will destroy the records, when that actually was the norm for most consumer-grade record players from the 60's thru the 80's - older mono players tracked even heavier, up to 10 grams.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,

If it comes with a decent stylus (or the stylus is replaced), and the tracking force is adjusted, record wear won't be an issue. Many come set up with 7 to 12g, which is much too high, and the styluses that ship with most Crosley tables are also really bad. The type of resulting damage will not be audible on a Crosley, but it will definitely be there. There are inexpensive turntables available that are actually built well with decent quality components, so there is no need to buy a Crosley (though many people like the vintage 'look', and aren't concerned about record wear or sound quality).

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Hmm. Now I'm curious. I'll bring my stylus weight scale over to her house and see how heavy this thing is set.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I've never dealt with record wear on them with many friends owning them with normal play habits. The issue I have with Crosley is reliability, the circuitry is its downfall in the long run. You can go cheaper on the table (platter, arm, etc) and still get some balance on it, not really the same on the component end.

Beckett

n00b
Got a sick local pickup the other day. Found who re-purposes arcade cabs, and sold a two slot with both games. Got everything for $120.

ylKlcXJ.jpg

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Finally upgraded my turntable setup since the 80s. Decided to go with Fluance and very impressed so far.

EXjPhmQ.jpg

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Battle Princess Madelyn, Wild Guns Reloaded, The Ninja Saviors Return of the Warriors

4SpERWk.jpg