SNES mini classic

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Had some time over the weekend so I messed about with the system.

I put on it that dual-boot feature with Hackchi. So I have the choice to switch between the NES Classic mode (it's the exact same interface as you'd get with that system), and then back to this current systems lineup.

VMp5pdx.jpg

kNs2dt7.jpg

That's pretty nifty...

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Yeah...I need to read up on that, I'm not sure how to do that just yet.

I just now saw this guys vid. Nice step-by-step instructions.

But towards the end of the vid he says that if you try and add extra games in the mix, it wipes out that dual boot feature. I didn't know that. lol

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The retroarch cores are laggy. I had some stuff on mine and deleted it.

I watched that video, did some reading......I think I'm just going to stick with what I have going. So far, I've only had one minor hiccup with one game (Chrono Trigger black screened on me and even with that, I was able to rewind the save state and restore it)...other than that, my hack is running buttery smooth. I have every SNES game I want to play on the thing, there's no need to jack with it.

If I can get my hands on either a NES mini (if they re-release them), or even another SNES mini...I'll hack that one. If not, oh well. I'm a much larger fan of the SNES than the NES anyway.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
If I can get my hands on either a NES mini (if they re-release them), or even another SNES mini...I'll hack that one. If not, oh well. I'm a much larger fan of the SNES than the NES anyway.

Nintendo said they'd re-release the NES mini summer 2018 and that the SNES mini would not stop at the end of 2017 and sell in 2018 too. The SNES mini is fairly easy to find if you use that SKU checker on brickseek for Walmart inventory.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Picked up this Hyperkin adapter recently.

fXXmqoG.jpg

It's good even for your old SNES sticks to work with the Classic. You could even connect your stick up to a Wiimote via this controller adapter, and then sync the Wiimote to one of those 8bitdo (classic version) wireless receivers.

Good as well for using your original pads to play Wii Virtual Console games.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I still can't find this regardless of whatever store I go to. Wal-Marts don't even have a designated area for it; same for Best Buy. Only Target does from what I can see and it's constantly empty. Really sucks.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Been playing Super Metroid like crazy lately. Surprised how much I remembered in terms of the maps and item placement.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I still can't find this regardless of whatever store I go to. Wal-Marts don't even have a designated area for it; same for Best Buy. Only Target does from what I can see and it's constantly empty. Really sucks.

Yeah, I haven't seen it in a store. I thought I saw some in Target but the lady said they're just dummy boxes. X_x

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

BrickSeek.com
There is no reason to go into stores if they dont have inventory. I checked one morning and two Walmarts were recently restocked.

21 games is rather lacking for the SNES mini. This one almost requires hacking as there are so many missing games.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
21 games is rather lacking for the SNES mini. This one almost requires hacking as there are so many missing games.

I guess it all depends on how you look at it:

Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Super Punch Out
Zelda LttP
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy III
Mario RPG
Secret of Mana
Earthbound

Those games coupled to slick, great working hardware for $80? I don't feel that is a bad deal at all.

Hacking the thing? That blows it all wide open...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yeah, I haven't seen it in a store. I thought I saw some in Target but the lady said they're just dummy boxes. X_x

She bought them at the end of her shift and flipped them. Never trust anyone at Target. It's a known fact they hide shit to buy later. Some employees at a local one got canned for hiding Star Wars toys years ago so they could flip them later.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
She bought them at the end of her shift and flipped them. Never trust anyone at Target. It's a known fact they hide shit to buy later. Some employees at a local one got canned for hiding Star Wars toys years ago so they could flip them later.

Wal Mart employees with do something like that with firearm ammunition (when there has been another stupid public panic). They'll see a shipment come in and call a buddy to come in and buy it. Ammo like 22LR was going for 5-10 times the retail price online.

For all we know, store employees are simply txt'ing a friend to come pick them up...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Wal Mart employees with do something like that with firearm ammunition (when there has been another stupid public panic). They'll see a shipment come in and call a buddy to come in and buy it. Ammo like 22LR was going for 5-10 times the retail price online.

For all we know, store employees are simply txt'ing a friend to come pick them up...

That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

BrickSeek.com
There is no reason to go into stores if they dont have inventory. I checked one morning and two Walmarts were recently restocked.

I've tried using that site. It always says that searching for the SNES Mini's SKU is unavailable.

Oh. Shit. I got worked.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I guess it all depends on how you look at it:

Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Super Punch Out
Zelda LttP
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy III
Mario RPG
Secret of Mana
Earthbound

Those games coupled to slick, great working hardware for $80? I don't feel that is a bad deal at all.

Hacking the thing? That blows it all wide open...

It heavily lacks 2 player options.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It would be almost impossible to prove, and pretty risk free for the employee.

A guy I knew used to check in orders at a supermarket and would dump things over a wall with an empty field behind it. After work he'd get the items, mainly beer.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I think Nintendo knew that people were going to hack it, they even left a message in the file system for hackers.

I love it.

"This is the hanafuda captain speaking. Launching emulation in 3...2...1. Many efforts, tears and countless hours have been put into this jewel. So, please keep this place tidied up and don't break everything! Cheers, the hanafuda captain."

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
A guy I knew used to check in orders at a supermarket and would dump things over a wall with an empty field behind it. After work he'd get the items, mainly beer.

I think we had the same friend.
Cases and cases of Miller Lite were drank that summer.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I think we had the same friend.
Cases and cases of Miller Lite were drank that summer.

It ended up sucking in the end.

He'd given notice and was having a weekend party before starting working with my company. I found out about his stealing at that party. I was an assistant manager.

Two months later I was given the task of firing him.

5 years later he was one of the head's of security at a mall, lol.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So the wireless controllers that are coming out for this are JUST for the classic mini? They won't be bluetooth like the current shits?

Is it better to just get the sn30 with a wireless dongle? wtf is going on??

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
finally hacked mine, only up to 50 games...pretty sweet for the price.