Toronto neo geo gamers

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
We exist, whether you can get some of the more established GTA members interested is another question. :)

90s

I just got a neo geo a month ago. Love it so far. So any tips on where to find games in this city?

A&C Games is probably the only game store I have seen in the city with neo stuff, but it was a small amount and mostly MVS. Haven't been by there in a while though.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Would a Toronto meet-up include a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame? Because that would be bad ass.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm a few hours away, but have found myself involved with a girl up there, so I'm around Toronto reasonably often.

90s

Would a Toronto meet-up include a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame? Because that would be bad ass.

That would be cool, I haven't actually ever been there despite living here most of my life.

So, Geese, are you gonna host this thing or what? :lolz:

That would be cool, I haven't actually ever been there despite living here most of my life.

So, Geese, are you gonna host this thing or what? :lolz:

Sadly I'm in b.c. For the time being for work. I hope to be back the middle of June and then I can try to arrange something.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
New to the site, had aes for a long time, now mvs collector in Toronto

mr.2jz

n00b
I'm about 40mins or so outside Toronto, but would be interested. Would be cool to meet with other fellow Neo Geo enthusiasts.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
A&C games has about 30 aes games.. was there 2-3 weeks ago. Very pricey tho just a heads up

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
A&C games has about 30 aes games.. was there 2-3 weeks ago. Very pricey tho just a heads up

A&C games so pricey... good lord.... paid 15 dollars for a loose kirby`s dreamland....

Last edited:

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Another Torontonian reporting in (late to the party). Did a meetup ever happen? Maybe just for some beers to start?

Eg. Get some beers into us, talk neo and arcade, then head to A&C just to check it out. Lotsa beer joints nearby.

mr.2jz

n00b
Sadly, I don't think this ever happened. It would be nice. The US guys seem to have some great meet ups.

Would be nice to have something in the GTA. Neogeo, Arcade, consoles...whatever.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Hey guys, neo-geo.com member 90s and I are thinking of having an impromptu meetup this Saturday at the Galleria Shopping Centre at 1245 Dupont St., Toronto. We've been chatting about it in this thread: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?264279-Big-Red-Tryptich-spotted-in-Toronto&p=3998906#post3998906

Why the hell would we choose this place for a meetup you ask? Well, it's probably (sadly) Toronto's best arcade right now complete with three (count 'em) MVS cabinets in various states of repair - but generally working (to a degree).

The mall is so shitty that it's good, and there is an LCBO there. Winner plays, loser pays for a beer.

neo_galleria.jpg

Anyone else down to show up? We're thinking 1pm this Saturday (Feb 6th).

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Damn. I'm moving into my new house this weekend or I'd make the trip. Hope you guys have fun though.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Here is a video from VICE Canada that came out today about a party that happened at the Galleria Shopping Centre (1245 Dupont St., Toronto) with the Neo Geo cabinets. Apparently the mall is closing this year. I suppose to make way for another mall, or condos. Definitely not an arcade...

We need to spend time with these big reds before they too are gone forever! What other arcades in town are better??!?! None?!?!

Let's roll (quarters)!!

http://en.daily.vice.com/videos/february-2-saudi-oil-sell-off-making-of-eric-andr-hologram-time-warp-shopping-mall

The segment starts at 06:03, and you can see the Neo Geo's at 07:14

neo_geo_vice.png

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
I just got back from the "arcade" at Galleria Shopping Centre, and I can confirm that only 1-player play is possible across these cabs for various sad reasons.

I propose that I will host the GTA Neo-Geo.com meetup at my place, but a couple things need to fall into place before that happens:

(1) gotta choose a day when the apartment will be empty so we can commandeer the big room
(2) we can find at least one other guy that can bring a CMVS or AES and a CRT. This will be added to my CMVS/CRT setup, along with my homebrew astro-city cab and Supergun (bring your JAMMA stuff too!). We should have a real arcade environment going, and at means at least 3 setups.

I have copies of both "League Bowling" and "Riding Hero" - it would be super cool to do link play!

That's it!

No reason this can't happen guys!

Anyone want to help me organize the event?

Last edited:

90s

Wow, so the mall is closing down altogether? The Planet Fitness hasn't even been there that long. Sucks there is no 2 player. I will help you plan this thing, my only thing is that it would have to be on a Saturday, or Friday night with enough notice as those are my only free times really. I don't have a CMVS or AES, but I do have CDZ with a number of games and a PVM 2030 in storage I could bring. I also have a PGM and several games I could bring too if it will work on your supergun. My only other condition; there has to be alcohol, even if it is BYOB. And you can't ge upset with frequent bathroom visits as a result. :D

Hope that doesn't sound scary; its just that alcohol makes things more fun.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
1.jpg2.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4409.jpgGamerama has a few arcades. Neo cab 121 in 1 cart and a candycab with a 500+ multi board and a few pinballs

Both cabs work fine all buttons and sticks (theyre mine btw)
Up by yonge and eglinton area

Last edited:

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Theres also a retro gaming lounge in the basement that just opened up with about 12 tvs and consoles many crts also I believe.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Has anybody in the GTA checked out Toyratt for neo geo stuff..seems he has just about everything

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
I heard he's the biggest dick to deal with from a few people, and he's pricey, but so is everyone in GTA.... =/