Ridge Racer 8 possibly Switch exclusive

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
They fucked up the Vita release and didn't even bother with a PS4 release and now it might only be on a Nintendo console? sad times indeed.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
That’s too bad, but I haven’t found RRgames to be that amazing since R4.

On the other hand, Namco Bandai might be making Metroid Prime 4? That could turn out good if it’s true.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Same here I saw the story and was like whatever. I've tried to like the franchise for years but after R4 and that decent N64 title I've been very unamused by it every time.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
6 was my favorite, followed by the psp game. I am excited for this to be honest.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The PSP game was also great. Actually, I like them all except the Vita one and that American one (Unbound?). I didn't play RR64, but heard it's the same as the DS RR which I also enjoyed a lot.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I loved 6, put a ridiculous amount of hours into the both Japanese PSP iterations...I'd be down to give a new game in the series a shot on Switch...hopefully get that PSP vibe all over again.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Yeah the Vita version was the only disappointment.

Oh I'd love to play RR on the train on that big Switch screen.

Let's get a Tekken game too while we're at it please.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
The PSP game was also great. Actually, I like them all except the Vita one and that American one (Unbound?). I didn't play RR64, but heard it's the same as the DS RR which I also enjoyed a lot.

RR64 is more or less the same as RR on DS. The DS game though has some really bad collision problems though with the walls being invisibly tighter than what you see on screen causing a lot of annoying hits that nearly bring your car to a stop which for me was basically game breaking in the later stages. The N64 game though doesn't have that issue plus it looks and sounds better than the DS version so it's still the definitive release of the two.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
[
RR64 is more or less the same as RR on DS. The DS game though has some really bad collision problems though with the walls being invisibly tighter than what you see on screen causing a lot of annoying hits that nearly bring your car to a stop which for me was basically game breaking in the later stages. The N64 game though doesn't have that issue plus it looks and sounds better than the DS version so it's still the definitive release of the two.

I always play RR in first person view, so I didn't notice this issue.

I thought the 3DS one was actually pretty cool.

How the hell did I miss this one!?

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
so stoked for this i think the switch would be my choice even if it were to be multiplatform which i wish it were but i like the mobility of switch

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
[

I always play RR in first person view, so I didn't notice this issue.

How the hell did I miss this one!?

It was a launch 3DS title. I bought that with pilotwings and steel diver. It was good! Better than steel diver…

Edit: who wants to petition for rhythm shift and Rotterdam nation in the soundtrack?

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The only real disappointing games in the Ridge Racer series were Unbounded and Ridge Racer Online. The spin off R: Racing Evolution is also meh but it's playable. Ridge Racer Vita is alot of fun, but you gotta get the tracks when they go on sale. I got the game used for under $10 and they usually do a racing themed flash sale once a year that includes track bundles on PSN.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Ridge Racer fits the Playstation perfectly, would be a shame if it's a Switch exclusive.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
the fact that they're making another ridge racer is good enough for me. and even if it is an exclusive just gives me another reason to own a switch.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
It was a launch 3DS title. I bought that with pilotwings and steel diver. It was good! Better than steel diver…

Edit: who wants to petition for rhythm shift and Rotterdam nation in the soundtrack?

Wasn't the 3DS version based on an earlier game too?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's better be 60fps, but since it's the next entry in the main series, there's solid hope it will be. Other than that, I'm really excited. The arcade racer is a dying art.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Ugh. I hate third party exclusives, especially when they're stuck on sub-optimal hardware. I could rationalize this as being a portable release, but that doesn't change the fact that there is no recent "big brother" alternative in this once proud series.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Ugh. I hate third party exclusives, especially when they're stuck on sub-optimal hardware. I could rationalize this as being a portable release, but that doesn't change the fact that there is no recent "big brother" alternative in this once proud series.

While I love the switch, I prefer to use it as a console (damn input lag), so I’m with you. I’d murder for a pc release.

We need a RR collection. Did RR2 ever get a home release? Would be cool...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
While I love the switch, I prefer to use it as a console (damn input lag), so I’m with you. I’d murder for a pc release.

We need a RR collection. Did RR2 ever get a home release? Would be cool...

Sorta, Ridge Racer Revolution is like a mish mash of a couple of games.

Last edited: