MSX US AES on ebay. Is it a boot ?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I have been asking the seller to open the cart to verify the boards but have yet receive any response. Would any one here has experience with Slug X or have a legit copy can advise me if this one is legit or a boot ?

here is the URL http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Slug-...320235?hash=item3ac04c2a6b:g:BQEAAOSwBnVW962X

Thanks guys

Well, he says he bought it on here five years ago. If I was you I'd ask for his username on here then look at his feedback. If he bought it on here he should either have received or left some feedback. If not it throws up a few questions.

Of course, this doesn't prove that it's genuine, but proof that he has actually owned a genuine one at some point in the past is at least an indicator.

P.s. this is the kind of cart we should be seeing for sale on these forums with the above discourse taking place openly, not on shitty ebay, but the shit show will continue to ruin that.

Well, he says he bought it on here five years ago. If I was you I'd ask for his username on here then look at his feedback. If he bought it on here he should either have received or left some feedback. If not it throws up a few questions.

Excellent point. I will do so. Thanks again for the response.

UPDATE:

Got a reply from him. No boards pics but he said his username here is "darkest deeds", which I couldn't find.

Last edited:

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
The sad thing is that whether he opens the cart, provides you all the links etc it won't stop everyone else bidding anyway and the game going for a crazy price :(

The seller lives in the same county as me (not to far away either) - I'm not after this game don't worry :)

No promises but I might be able to go and check the game (the best I can) with my loupe for you.

This obviously depends on the seller and his availability before the end of the auction.

Last edited:
The sad thing is that whether he opens the cart, provides you all the links etc it won't stop everyone else bidding anyway and the game going for a crazy price :(

The seller lives in the same county has me (not to far away either) - I'm not after this game don't worry :)

No promises but I might be able to go and check the game (the best I can) with my loupe for you.

This obviously depends on the seller and his availability before the end of the auction.

It's very generous of you to offer such help. would it take more than 20 mins to get from your place to his ? I will contact him to see if he's available for such in person visit.

Thanks again

StevenK

10 Year Member
Should be about a 20-30 min drive depending on traffic, let me know.

That is a really decent thing to do.

If I was you though - I would ask OP how much he intends to go to to get this game in the auction, in private. If he thinks he's going to get it for £600 and won't go any higher then don't waste your time.

Sorry OP - nothing personal, just common sense for K1ngArth3r's time.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks legit, PROG board is grey meaning it's the original AES PCB.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
There is a daarkestdeeds here. Or there was.

Should be about a 20-30 min drive depending on traffic, let me know.

The seller said he's very busy for such visit so would pass on it. I will try to get it from some one in the forum or maybe the Neostore down the road. Thanks so much for your help K1ngArth3r. It's greatly appreciated.

That is a really decent thing to do.

If I was you though - I would ask OP how much he intends to go to to get this game in the auction, in private. If he thinks he's going to get it for £600 and won't go any higher then don't waste your time.

Sorry OP - nothing personal, just common sense for K1ngArth3r's time.
Thanks for such suggestion. I will provide my max price point in future posts to avoid wasting unnecessary time.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Thanks for such suggestion. I will provide my max price point in future posts to avoid wasting unnecessary time.

I'm not saying publicly post up your ebay bid amounts, I was more saying give someone who's going to do you a favour enough information to decide whether they're wasting their time or not. Not that I suspected you were wasting his time either - it was a general suggestion rather than specific to you.

Good luck getting hold of the game.

Cg591

Rugal's Thug
I'm very curious what this will end at. I'm guessing somewhere between 3000-5000 but very curious where it will end up

StevenK

10 Year Member
I'm very curious what this will end at. I'm guessing somewhere between 3000-5000 but very curious where it will end up

Wouldn't surprise me, which makes it all the more dubious that he can't be bothered to allow someone ten minutes of his time to view it in advance.

Cg591

Rugal's Thug
Looks like the listing ended early.
Maybe someone offered him something he couldn't refuse?

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple