Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I found a pic of the Neo Geo mini:

neo_mini.jpg

AT Games and six buttons, seems legit

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I’m hopeful, will give them a chance till more details are released.

I'm hopeful this market leech will actually contribute. I will give him a chance once his posts are higher than his feedback score.

Seriously, what’s with the animosity? I only posted being hopeful about this teased arcade cab. And yes I haven’t posted a lot as I stepped away from many years because life happens and other priorities took place, and came back recently as I’m able to collect and start to post again on topics I’m interested in. I see no reason for this disrespect, but if that makes you feel better than at least it’s made your day.

Wow, I definitely agree and hope that’s fake that is so ridiculous especially after what happened with Tommo and the whole Neo Geo X

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Fuck whatever this is. Seriously. Does anyone in here need this? MVS, NeoSD and an OSSC is all anyone would ever need. Unless you can spare the funds and space for a cab. We should support the brand we love, sure, but I feel I have done my part by buying the same games over and over again on all possible systems. At this point, it's just something with an SNK logo on it. It's either for collectards or people starting their adventure with SNK.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Yes: it will sell.
Yes: we've seen it before.
Yes: any scalper is welcome.
???: why did it take so long?

THE PAST IS NOW!

P.S. Will it feature a playable MotW 2 proto?

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
If it turns out to be a table top with a 10'' screen then it would be pretty kool to set on my bar. Other than that a smart phone screen I mean it could be fun, but I have that with my moga.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Well I thought we'd have an actual picture after 3 pages but no.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Wow, I definitely agree and hope that’s fake that is so ridiculous especially after what happened with Tommo and the whole Neo Geo X

Speaking of the Neo Geo X, I looked it up and now people are selling it for $500. I mean, that is more than a regular AES. What ever this thing is, in a few years it will be scalped a lot, even if it just is a release of some games that heave been released 1000 times.

https://www.ebay.com/p/SNK-Playmore...tion-Black-Console/101812966?iid=122919959106

shadowtek

n00b
Speaking of the Neo Geo X, I looked it up and now people are selling it for $500. I mean, that is more than a regular AES. What ever this thing is, in a few years it will be scalped a lot, even if it just is a release of some games that heave been released 1000 times.

https://www.ebay.com/p/SNK-Playmore...tion-Black-Console/101812966?iid=122919959106

Listing is different then selling :D more like $200-300 sold CIB but still....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?__i..._sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
look like huge Arcade cab, not mini...

dO6ezki.jpg

:-J

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Ever since SNK "came back" they've releasing teasers, letting the community get their hopes up, and then announcing hot garbage.

This will be no different, and I can guarantee it will miss the mark of appealing to the real SNK fanbase by a long shot.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
look like huge Arcade cab, not mini...

Can you imagine if they released an actual cab? How many of you would buy one?

I'm sure they would do what Namco did with Pacman Arcade Party and release hardware that has games on it.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I actually received an email 2 weeks ago from the supposed team working on this and they asked if I wanted to take a look at it. I told them I did and then I kinda forgot about it:

neo_Mini.jpg

This morning they reached out to me again since now the cat is (I guess) outta the bag. We will see if (and what) they deliver.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'm sure this is just one of those tiny toy cabinets with the tiny LCD screen.

Happy 40th SNK!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Can you imagine if they released an actual cab? How many of you would buy one?

I'm sure they would do what Namco did with Pacman Arcade Party and release hardware that has games on it.

I'd be in. The "Raw Thrills" company has done pretty well for itself with modern original arcade releases. SNK could offer some nice competition in this market.

I actually received an email 2 weeks ago from the supposed team working on this and they asked...

This morning they reached out to me again since now the cat is (I guess) outta the bag. We will see if (and what) they deliver.

Thanks Yodd! 40 games plus a/v out sounds pretty interesting. Thanks to their partnership with Hamster, SNK has made a lot of new fans via the ACA releases. If executed well, this NG mini could become a great novelty item for new fans in a way that the NGX failed to be years ago.

Last edited: