Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm yet to pick up a NG Dev Team game actually for my Neo Geo (I have some DC releases). While this is obviously just a Metal Slug rip off, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Is it me or do the enemies look like they have anorexia + look like they came out of the playdoh factory?

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Meh...I´m not feeling this at all. Don´t touch Metal Slug series:D It looks ok but man it´s just too blatant ripoff.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Looks great.
I went ahead and preordered the LE

You're an idiot.

This looks like a flash game.

Srs people. Save your money. Unless you need an investment that you can flip later for mad profitz.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was really excited when I got the email and read the description, then I watched the video and saw a Metal Slug clone. I mean, I'd love something new in the same genre, but this is a really blatant clone from what I've seen so far. Oh well, I'll enjoy the DC port if they make one.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Well I would not have that much of a problem with the fact that it is a MS clone but tbh the graphics are far from overwhelming - which is a shame really as the flyer art is very well done. Also the sound effects... are they directly ripped from MS?

Dr.NeoGeo

Mr. Big's Thug
20 Year Member
i can't imagine that people buy that game... the graphics look really bad and remember me of bad indie games or flash games back in the days. The game play is a 1:1 ripoff of Metal Slug. All in all "Kraut Busters" is a very bad looking, absolutely non creative clone of Metal Slug. I don't understand why EVERY RELEASE of NeoDev is a copy of an already existing game. I mean do we really want bad copies of some good games of the last couple of years? Don't they have any creative ideas for new game concepts? ...the funny thing is, 19 years after Metal Slug 1 they come up with that crappy ripoff with nothing improved. Quite the contrary, the graphics look 1000 times poorer than the brilliant original.

AND A BIG LOL to:

"This game had so far our biggest staff and budget with 2 full time pixel artist, 1 freelancing pixel artists,1 coder/designer, 1 musician
A few years ago we wouldn't have thought we can do such a project, but we used the years to build up a very talented team for our company and we will continue to do so."

...where do they got these "artists" from? ...from the business school? xD

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
perhaps they should have gone with a run and slash game (like Strider). Since their only competition on the system is Ganryu, they wouldn't have to work very hard :lolz:

Dr.NeoGeo

Mr. Big's Thug
20 Year Member
perhaps they should have gone with a run and slash game (like Strider). Since their only competition on the system is Ganryu, they wouldn't have to work very hard :lolz:

hahahaha :D good suggestion!

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
It's definitely not their best looking game. Most of their previous work have been enjoyable. Still curious to check it out. With the very crappy Canadian dollar, it's hard to justify though.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Super disappointed when I woke up and saw this. The game just looks like a poor metal slug clone and I already own 4 real metal slug games. I was really happy to see them release a cart only version and with the EUR where it is, this is the most affordable one of their games has been :( I would have bought Razion at this current time, but not this game. What the hell happened to the Ikari warriors type game, if this is it, I am pissed.

Dr.NeoGeo

Mr. Big's Thug
20 Year Member
Super disappointed when I woke up and saw this. The game just looks like a poor metal slug clone and I already own 4 real metal slug games. I was really happy to see them release a cart only version and with the EUR where it is, this is the most affordable one of their games has been :( I would have bought Razion at this current time, but not this game. What the hell happened to the Ikari warriors type game, if this is it, I am pissed.

...it is a "IKARI SLUG" :) Look at the main character. He looks like an aged Ikari Warrior :D

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Looks quite too much MS cheap clone.... lessee how it comes thou.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
april-fools-images-3.gif

...ohhh wait...

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Just saw this on their facebook post, "As you know by now this is not the rumored "top-down soldier" project. Both projects are related though. Kraut Buster is the main franchise, the other will be a smaller spin off sharing characters." so at least the top down shooter isnt dead.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I can't believe this is the fucking "Ikari" project they were hinting at. They should just stick to shmups.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Let's see how long do preorders last open this time. I think I'll get it, simply because I am a huge fan of the genre, but in all honesty this does look like a silly flash game that you play for 5 minutes and forget. Sigh.