PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

nono2lozere

Quiz Detective
Our plan is to do the same we did with NEOSD : work everyday, weekends included to ship as many orders as faster as possible.

You guys will get detailed daily info here as usual
You are completly crazy!! Your customers can wait 2 more days, you arn't supposed to work weekend!!!

neosd

Neosd Developer
Even if its mid to late Jan that's better than the situation we had with the MVS shells =D It's worth the wait - just having so much fun testing this atm.

We don´t expect any drama or delays this time, but we will see.

We tried to fix our past mistakes, one always learnts from its mistakes ... first decision was to move to a different factory for shells. We don´t want to live with a delay like the one that we had with neosd shells. It was a pain

neosd

Neosd Developer
You are completly crazy!! Your customers can wait 2 more days, you arn't supposed to work weekend!!!

I personally hate to receive emails asking when we are going to ship, so one shipped item is one customer less that may send you an email

This may sound stupid, but one year ago i got those emails everyday at every hour. I wake up with those emails, it was really disgusting and terrible for my mental health.

BTW i totally understand people has the right to send emails asking when are we going to ship, i do that sometimes aswel, as long as i don´t have any other source of information. I am just telling this puts extra preasure on me ....

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I personally hate to receive emails asking when we are going to ship, so one shipped item is one customer less that may send you an email

This may sound stupid, but one year ago i got those emails everyday at every hour. I wake up with those emails, it was really disgusting and terrible for my mental health.

BTW i totally understand people has the right to send emails asking when are we going to ship, i do that sometimes aswel, as long as i don´t have any other source of information. I am just telling this puts extra preasure on me ....

Don't let it stress you =D It's just because people are sooo hyped to get one =D

neosd

Neosd Developer
Don't let it stress you =D It's just because people are sooo hyped to get one =D

This year is being surprisingly nice on this side, we got many more orders than we had with NEOSD and not many people sends emails.

Really nice

Last edited:

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
Because its clear what it does and what not neosd,just like with your neosd mvs and aes.
I got those 2 running up fast without a problem.
So,don't stress,take your time and enjoy holidays.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
For your first batch of pcbs, are you making enough to only cover pre-orders, or are you making a bunch extra?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
For your first batch of pcbs, are you making enough to only cover pre-orders, or are you making a bunch extra?

Why don't you ask how many he's sold...

His profit margin...

...and his inner thigh measurement...

WHO THE FUCK ASKS FOR PRIVATE DETAILS ABOUT SOMEONES BUSINESS!... and what has it gotta do with you?

xROTx

PS. You order... Neosd completes... until he says "HEY... best stop... none left..."...

EDIT. Fuckin noob...

neosd

Neosd Developer

Hello

First batch concept makes no sense anymore
We had a number of units we thought we would sell during Christmas and this was our launch number. We have been proved to be we wrong so after the first day of sales what we did was to contact distributors and source chips, as many as possible . We did the same with pcbs factory
Fortunately pcbs factory had much more pcbs produced than our order( they tend to do that , to take the risk, produce more and wait for you to make a new order, this is a risk but it lowers they production costs)

So we took all those extra pcbs and ordered more

So what's the plan ? We have a number of pcbs produced and number of chips in stock and a number of pcbs we are waiting for (those should be on the factory 3th that's what the factory told us)

So factory is going to start soldering next Week, how many ? As many as they have parts for
When are they going to build more ? On the next week or on the 2 following ones, depending on parts and their slot

Btw, we have chips and pcbs (with this second order that is going to be delivered on January 3th) for every one , what we don't know how much time the remains stock will last after launch

What are we expecting ? A big demand, after the first units are sent cause we had a big demand without a product on the street and the product is really strong , so after people start getting the first units we expect YouTube videos and word on the street about the performance

What that means ? That our expectation is not to have units for 24 hours shipping in some time

This is an answer that I don't think any company would give you , but this is how we are

Last edited:

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Cool stuff, just ordered one. My Duo-R and Everdrive are now obsolete, but I couldn't be happier!

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Hello

First batch concept makes no sense anymore
We had a number of units we thought we would sell during Christmas and this was our launch number. We have been proved to be we wrong so after the first day of sales what we did was to contact distributors and source chips, as many as possible . We did the same with pcbs factory
Fortunately pcbs factory had much more pcbs produced than our order( they tend to do that , to take the risk, produce more and wait for you to make a new order, this is a risk but it lowers they production costs)

So we took all those extra pcbs and ordered more

So what's the plan ? We have a number of pcbs produced and number of chips in stock and a number of pcbs we are waiting for (those should be on the factory 3th that's what the factory told us)

So factory is going to start soldering next Week, how many ? As many as they have parts for
When are they going to build more ? On the next week or on the 2 following ones, depending on parts and their slot

Btw, we have chips and pcbs (with this second order that is going to be delivered on January 3th) for every one , what we don't know how much time the remains stock will last after launch

What are we expecting ? A big demand, after the first units are sent cause we had a big demand without a product on the street and the product is really strong , so after people start getting the first units we expect YouTube videos and word on the street about the performance

What that means ? That our expectation is not to have units for 24 hours shipping in some time

This is an answer that I don't think any company would give you , but this is how we are

Thanks for the very detailed response. It’s great to see that demand is so strong. I find all this “behind the scenes” info very interesting. Sorry if my post made it seem like I was asking for specific business information. I wasn’t. I was just wondering, in general, how you estimated demand.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Thanks for the very detailed response. It’s great to see that demand is so strong. I find all this “behind the scenes” info very interesting. Sorry if my post made it seem like I was asking for specific business information. I wasn’t. I was just wondering, in general, how you estimated demand.

Background, experience, numbers. There is no key for that. Just instinct, a mix of all those things.
Same answer is valid to decide what product to develop.

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Yeah...

I'll raise that image with a:
ae235

xROTx

did you steal this the toolbox picture from darksofts forum? im sure you need this one if you want a fitting shell for his neo flashcard :D

enough OT, im glad the sale is running well for you :)

neosd

Neosd Developer
UPDATE

As promised, we have a delivery date for shells

Wednesday, 03/01/2018 , by 14:00 (this is European date format. Next Wednesday, in 4 days)

shells_shipping.png

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
did you steal this the toolbox picture from darksofts forum? im sure you need this one if you want a fitting shell for his neo flashcard :D

enough OT, im glad the sale is running well for you :)

Damn those Germans, always putting the finger on others eye :(

When talking about stealing others work, we only like "SD reading code"

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
This unit looks incredible. I've always had my heart set on a briefcase unit, but that has now flown out the window. I'll be getting one of these this Spring for my birthday. Actually, I still need to pick-up one of the NeoSD units as well, so not sure which one I will buy first. Also, I'm wondering if we'll get a similar device for SEGA/MEGA CD in the future. Either way, pretty fuckin' cool. Kudos, congrats, and cheers to the developers!

Who needs viagara with NeoSD working their magic?!

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
UPDATE

As promised, we have a delivery date for shells

Wednesday, 03/01/2018 , by 14:00 (this is European date format. Next Wednesday, in 4 days)

shells_shipping.png

I'm soooo ready to start messing around with this. Turbo is one of my all-time favorite consoles.

Last edited:

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I've put-off getting an OSSC or going RGB for years, but this has forced my hand, so now I'm obsessing over it lol. I've even started ripping my cd's :-)

neosd

Neosd Developer
We got shells ...

Will the shell fit on the Turbografx 16 ?

How good those are ?

More info soon ...

EDIT : Video is rendering, check in some minutes for 1080p quality

Here are the answers :

Last edited:

mistahsnart

New Challenger
Looking awesome. Those cases are excellent quality. So now everyone finally can stop freaking out about the TG16 compatibility.

I can't wait to get mine!

neosd

Neosd Developer
Looking awesome. Those cases are excellent quality. So now everyone finally can stop freaking out about the TG16 compatibility.

I can't wait to get mine!

Those are really strong aswel, i can´t believe we managed to have such perfect piece and without issues after neosd shells drama.

Anyways, we are uploading a video now to show how the led can be seen from the outside. We were not able to get perfect sunlight as the day is cloudy here but the led blinking looks amazing aswel.

EDIT : An small video to show how the CDROM Access LED can be seem from the outside of Super SD System 3 shell

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Those are really strong aswel, i can´t believe we managed to have such perfect piece and without issues after neosd shells drama.

Anyways, we are uploading a video now to show how the led can be seen from the outside. We were not able to get perfect sunlight as the day is cloudy here but the led blinking looks amazing aswel.

Knight Rider effect?.. please say Yes...

xROTx

torgo100

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So, after all of the drama in previous pages, have we decided on an RGB cable to buy?