Samurai Spirits Art Folder

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Thank you for your further contributions to NEO-GEO, NTM.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Blaster Nakoruru! Never used never published design. Hand painted, I think its paint.
View attachment 45476
View attachment 45477

Looks like alcohol-based markers to me based on the pigmentation and bleed through the paper. Very cool stuff.. Shiroi Eiji/Zin Mera has always been my favorite classic SNK artist. I used to hang out with her in Osaka long ago. Thanks for sharing these images.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Funny how this stuff just gets lost and found again. Especially something from this long ago. Excellent find!

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
What an outstanding find, it's great that it ended up in your hands and we can get a glimpse of it.
Thanks for sharing!

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Looks like someone was a fan of Dororo. I own all 3 volumes so this stood out immediately.

dororo.pngdororo-1602697.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I came in here and was like:

triple.gif

TurfMasta, this is amazing. Thank you for finding these and sharing them with us.
You are great.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Bump for the 25 year anniversary. I still haven't gotten around to organizing this thing properly. I'll work on that. In the meantime, we used this image from the folder in the bitmapbook's Neo Geo book.

3ye5W9s.png

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is pretty awesome. I am amazed someone would sell this.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
This is pretty awesome. I am amazed someone would sell this.

The guy just didn't know what it was. Just a rusty folder with a flyer or two in it and some copied art. If he looked close enough he would have found the original sketches and documentation. They were all piled together in maybe 10 or so document sleeves inside the folder. None of his other auctions were anything related, just junk.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Wow this is really cool, can't believe I missed this thread last year.

Another treasure saved by NTM! Looking forward to seeing the rest as you post them.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The guy just didn't know what it was. Just a rusty folder with a flyer or two in it and some copied art. If he looked close enough he would have found the original sketches and documentation. They were all piled together in maybe 10 or so document sleeves inside the folder. None of his other auctions were anything related, just junk.

that belongs in a museum.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
one of the coolest finds in years! This is amazing!