MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

Done, thanks for leting us know it.

Hey NeoSD man! I accidentally placed two orders, but one was a money wire request, so no refund is needed. #IYEPEDTOS Please cancel that when you can.

I placed another order through credit card and it went through great :)

One100bill

n00b
Just placed my order!!! Thank you NEOSD for this awesome product and everyone else for the very informative thread. Can't wait for it to arrive.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Whats up nio. This actually does exist, but the books are comepletely in japanese. There are two books that contain the content you described exactly. One details all the games and their plots from the early aes releases and the other book details information from the first waves of neo geo cd releases. The other neo geo books tend to focus on only the fighting genre games, but they may also have what you are looking for. Check out the following books:

Neo Geo no Subete
Neo Geo CD Perfect guide (also try "Neo Geo CD kanzen guide")
All About SNK

cool thanks, i want zhat in english :-)

Is it possible to register the serial number on the site yet? I am getting:

Serial not found
This product serial number is not found in the system.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

Still not, we will enable it when we have the first update ready.
First update will come with fast loading, bugfixes and more functions such as dissable sram backuping and other things we are working at.

There is still no release date, cause we just want to release a big update with everything validated, instead of multi small updates.

Thnaks

Is it possible to register the serial number on the site yet? I am getting:

Serial not found
This product serial number is not found in the system.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Please make the update process as easy as possible. Just store the serial somewhere. I just want to download something but it on the sd card and go! I dont want to soldire wires, i dont want to register on 5 different sites and pray for the power to stay on.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Please make the update process as easy as possible. Just store the serial somewhere. I just want to download something but it on the sd card and go! I dont want to soldire wires, i dont want to register on 5 different sites and pray for the power to stay on.

?

neodev

Neosd Tech

The update process is easy. Just download the update for your neosd serial from the homepage, place it in your sd and boot to the neosd menu in your mvs. A popup will appear notifying about the new update in the sd. Just press A to start updating and after about 20 seconds the process will finish and the mvs will reboot.

If you lose power during update, there are ways to rewrite the update without the menu.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
The updating is really very easy... I have done it many times already. As gadgetUK has mentioned also, you can update even if the UI is unusable for any reason.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
On the cart/neosd/neogeo or do you have to cennect to some stm32 board thingy?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
On the cart/neosd/neogeo or do you have to cennect to some stm32 board thingy?

You simply copy the firmware file onto the SDcard, there is no need to use other hardware at all to upgrade.

Last edited:

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Maybe nio is talking about in case of something goes wrong , update without menu ?

....i assume the update is the same way in that situation ....

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Maybe nio is talking about in case of something goes wrong , update without menu ?

....i assume the update is the same way in that situation ....

There is a seccond way to update from sd, in case the first one fails.

Thanks

nornor1

NEST Puppet
Peeps in the USA, check your MailBoxes!!!! Mine just came in. Im in Texas. Im still AT work AAAAARRRRGGHHHHH.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Mine arrived today. I had to sign for it.

Will test it out later tonight.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
AAAANNNDD... the US guys are starting to get the Neosd...

63012428.jpg

xROTx

PS. You realise guys... I'm just here for the lulz... don't you?:keke:

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
Got mine this morning and did some quick tests with AES converters. Here the results...

Code:
+--------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+
|                    | Original BIOS                  | UniBIOS 3.1                    |
+--------------------+-------------+------------------+-------------+------------------+
|                    | NeoSD Menu  | Run Flashed Game | NeoSD Menu  | Run Flashed Game |
+--------------------+-------------+------------------+-------------+------------------+
| Daedalus Converter | Not Working | WORKS            | WORKS       | WORKS            |
| Fusion Converter   | Not Working | WORKS            | Not Working | WORKS            |

The only combination where I can flash games seems to be Daedalus + UniBIOS.

Looking forward to other test results.

First impression; solid piece of work. Big thanks to NeoSD for making us happy with the first Neo Geo flash card. :)

PS: Packaging has definitively room for improvement. My cardbox was in a really bad shape and the 2 PCBs looked liked a V. :scratch: Fortunately, the connectors were not hurt. A bigger, sturdy box with enough packet wadding would be more appropriate.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Got mine this morning and did some quick tests with AES converters. Here the results...

Code:
+--------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+
|                    | Original BIOS                  | UniBIOS 3.1                    |
|                    | NeoSD Menu  | Run Flashed Game | NeoSD Menu  | Run Flashed Game |
| Daedalus Converter | Not Working | WORKS            | WORKS       | WORKS            |
| Fusion Converter   | Not Working | WORKS            | Not Working | WORKS            |

The only combination where I can flash games seems to be Daedalus + UniBIOS.

Looking forward to other test results.

First impression; solid piece of work. Big thanks to NeoSD for making us happy with the first Neo Geo flash card. :)

PS: Packaging has definitively room for improvement. My cardbox was in a really bad shape and the 2 PCBs looked liked a V. :scratch: Fortunately, the connectors were not hurt. A bigger, sturdy box with enough packet wadding would be more appropriate.

Try again with the stock bios + deadalus but make sure the NeoSD settings are set to bios first. You dont want it in MVS mode on an AES without unibios.