NGP/NGPC Sales and Auction Thread.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Why not? If you're making multiple threads, that counts as spam and a temporary ban isn't out of the question for such behavior.

I can understand why some might find multiple threads all covering inflated NGPC prices annoying. Me personally, it doesn't faze me as the current NGPC market is something that interests me too, but I agree that all these threads serve just as much purpose being consolidated into the one thread, which it appears they have.

For the record, I don't think for one second that MS is acting with personal interests as an instigator here. He just seems very passionate and enthusiastic about the NGPC and where it stands in the market currently.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
If what you want is a problem we can fix that. Keep fucking with the market and you'll find your problem soon enough.

Wow! You've really taken me by surprise there EG!
I tell you what!

I've been 100% genuine and totally truthful in my defense of these threads.
It's not about some kind of personal gain for me, it's about my passion for the system and my excitement that I finally feel like it's fortunes might be on the up and perhaps we'll see a knock-on effect that benefits us all. Like I've tried to explain over and over again.

I get that some of you don't believe me and that was one thing.
But when it gets to the stage of you making some kind of weird veiled threat if I carry on, then no matter how hollow that threat is, I think it's gone too far.

I've been around here long enough to know that I don't like being part of the drama, I certainly don't want to be the cause of the drama. Especially not in my favourite section (the handheld/former NGPC forum).

So if my dogged denials don't convince you of my sincerity?
The you can save your threats, I'll retire instead.

My sincere apologies to anyone who was offended by any of my posts. It was not my intent.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Listen, I get where you're coming from but the stance you took about forum rules really leaves a lot to be desired. Just use your common sense, folks are asking you to change things up a bit, I don't see why you couldn't accommodate them. If everyone was to act the same way you are with their threads in the market we would have a serious problem in our hands. I appreciate your honesty and your passion for this but don't let it be misguided, just work with it and everybody wins.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I don't find price fluctuations uninteresting, but I don't like them being fixated on either. Nor do I think a single auction where two dumb people bid up a $100 game to $300 really means the game has risen in value. An associate of mine sold a NOS Game & Watch for $1500 a couple years ago. Was it really worth that? To the two idiots that bid it that high, yes. But not everyone else, as the next two (in better condition) sold for under $500. One sale doesn't make a trend.

I guess I'm trying to say I do find crazy auctions interesting, but it's too easy for people to get wrong ideas from them, which can then lead to higher prices. I also wish there could be more discussion that would lead people into enjoying the NGPC (I'll admit to not participating in as much NGPC conversation as I could). I figure higher prices scare people away.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Wow! You've really taken me by surprise there EG!
I tell you what!

I've been 100% genuine and totally truthful in my defense of these threads.
It's not about some kind of personal gain for me, it's about my passion for the system and my excitement that I finally feel like it's fortunes might be on the up and perhaps we'll see a knock-on effect that benefits us all. Like I've tried to explain over and over again.

I get that some of you don't believe me and that was one thing.
But when it gets to the stage of you making some kind of weird veiled threat if I carry on, then no matter how hollow that threat is, I think it's gone too far.

I've been around here long enough to know that I don't like being part of the drama, I certainly don't want to be the cause of the drama. Especially not in my favourite section (the handheld/former NGPC forum).

So if my dogged denials don't convince you of my sincerity?
The you can save your threats, I'll retire instead.

My sincere apologies to anyone who was offended by any of my posts. It was not my intent.

Man I didn't want you to retire, I just wanted you to have a little more restraint. You've been here as long as me and you know how this site works. I don't mind your posts which wasn't bothering me, it was how you were making them which was getting a little annoying to some folks. Sorry if I came off like a dick about this man.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I am CONSOLIDATING all the NGP/NGPC sales and auction threads in ONE thread.
clap-clap-clap-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2244.gif

With that for me the problem is solved. It'd be shame to loose you, Metal Slug, as a member/poster. I don't think anyone truly wants to have you banned, come on.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I doubt anyone would've been banned... geez...

MS is a good egg... so I consolidated the threads to try and avert drama in a forum I view as safe as the International forums...

That is all...

xROTx

PS. I'm hoping this will be an end to it...

turq

Quiz Detective
This forum hosts some of the world's foremost NGPC experts - - wouldn't it be the one of the least conducive possible venues for price propaganda?

I have always enjoyed Metal Slug's posts and threads and hope that he continues to contribute his expertise to the forum.

:)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't think we did anything. The guy was constantly denying stuff without anyone suggesting. That seems pretty guilty to me.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What did this forum gain by chasing away Metal Slug?

Same thing we're gonna do to you if you decide to make individual threads for something you shouldn't. In all seriousness he was told to keep it simple and within one thread rather than convoluting the forum, he didn't take it well, so he put up a fit and split. His call, not ours but with that said, I can't say I miss the guy nor his threads.

turq

Quiz Detective
Same thing we're gonna do to you if you decide to make individual threads for something you shouldn't. In all seriousness he was told to keep it simple and within one thread rather than convoluting the forum, he didn't take it well, so he put up a fit and split. His call, not ours but with that said, I can't say I miss the guy nor his threads.
As so often happens on long term forums, the conversation spirals down into an incestuous echo chamber, losing out on the benefits of the experience and knowledge of a broader community.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Wow, I've never seen a Faselei US box before. I consider myself lucky to have a US cart from when they were plentiful on eBay. I miss those days of cheap loose NGPC carts. :(

I had bids of $75 each, but then things went crazy after that. Ah well, I'm sure more will now popup in the future, when ever that might be.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Mh, do you think they are real? I'm a bit surprised, they could be just a homebrew knock-off after all. No mentions of the seller where he got them from.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I was gonna say I was under the impression that they never produced US boxes for LB? Only released them here in those multi game blister packs. The top NGPC metallic material makes me think it would tricky to replicate. Doable for sure though, especially for 200$ shit. I'll just import the JP version one day or get a custom box man damn.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Yeah no way to prove it but I did buy Last Blade back in the day and it was new, it was in the box, but it wasn't like there was a stack of them lying around at the store either. I've seen the baseball one too, but never ever Faselei as I didn't think that one ever made it out of the UK complete. Really love to get back into this system but even the loose games on a few of the really good non-fighter ones I more enjoy have gotten a bit stupid (namely Biomotor Unitron.)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I had bids of $75 each
So, were these legit? Where'd you get them?
Why didn't you offer them for sale on the forums first?
Have you made scans of the boxes?

also lol@those prices.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
To my knowledge there was never an official Faselei US box released. Back when I was on NintendoAge I recall someone doing an Interest Check on reproduction boxes :spock:

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So, were these legit? Where'd you get them?
Why didn't you offer them for sale on the forums first?
Have you made scans of the boxes?

also lol@those prices.

Pretty certain he's referring to his own bids on the auctions, not that these were his auctions that received bids of $75.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
While I assume it's possible that boxes existed for the games that never got full retail releases...just seems weird that we haven't seen them till just now and it's only one. I'm going with fake as fuck.