MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
btw, I don't remember exactly which game, but either KOTM or KOTM2 get "stuck" on multislot loop, not letting the other game rolling demo to kick in...hopefully the undumped romset has it fixed!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
hahahah.. maybe it's the vacuum power..

btw Brian, how could you not feel attracted too by its Fisher Price look?

hakko_set.jpg

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Massi pal...

That's the cleanest workspace I have ever scene.... are you sure you're not a woman?

xROTx

PS. Safe Nerd Space needed:p

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Massi pal...

That's the cleanest workspace I have ever scene.... are you sure you're not a woman?

xROTx

PS. Safe Nerd Space needed:p

Lol...no it's just plain OCD :(

for your eyes, here is the full thing, I'm taking Christmas vacation to change all my SFC carts batteries and refurbish the cabinet...

massi_workbench.jpg

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Lol...no it's just plain OCD :(

for your eyes, here is the full thing, I'm taking Christmas vacation to change all my SFC carts batteries and refurbish the cabinet...

massi_workbench.jpg

I am impressed.... I just had the grand kiddy around today...

My living room is like a scene from from a Quentin Tarantino film...

YUP... it's all gone to shit and the the likelihood is you're not gonna make it out alive...

xROTx

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I am impressed.... I just had the grand kiddy around today...

My living room is like a scene from from a Quentin Tarantino film...

YUP... it's all gone to shit and the the likelihood is you're not gonna make it out alive...

xROTx

hahahah... "like a grenade exploded in the room"...

Ok, just because a bit of OT is welcome to take some pressure away from neosd hard work...this was my room in Tokyo, 31 December 2008, few days before leaving the country, as it turned out you can't ship the hotel unit using EMS at the post office, as it simply too heavy....UPS was too expensive sooo...I had to find a way to ship multiple packages:

massi_deck_unit_dismount.jpg

Last edited:

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
hahahah... "like a grenade exploded in the room"...

Ok, just because a bit of OT is welcome to take some pressure away from neosd hard work...this was my room in Tokyo, 31 December 2008, few days before leaving the country, as it turned out you can't ship the hotel unit using EMS at the post office, as it simply too heavy....UPS was too expensive sooo...I had to find a way to ship multiple packages:

massi_deck_unit_dismount.jpg

Wow Massi, seriously? Amazing. I bet a nervous wait for all the packages to arrive and in one piece!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I have the same soldering iron! A friend who knows what he's doing bought it for me.

I could not afford the desoldering iron by the same maker so I got a cheaper one from China. It hasn't burned the house down yet!

hahahah.. maybe it's the vacuum power..

btw Brian, how could you not feel attracted too by its Fisher Price look?

hakko_set.jpg

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
SMD is something I can't even start to think about, too difficult!! I completely agree, the sucking pump is definitively a must have tool. I just wanted to share how happy I am with the Hakko...best purchase of 2016 (well, still haven't got my neosd yet!)

At least I'm not the only one to not have theirs yet, although it's odd you haven't gotten yours being in Europe.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Wow Massi, seriously? Amazing. I bet a nervous wait for all the packages to arrive and in one piece!

...I guess this was one of the "never again" thing I did...but eventually it all ended well...good excuse to clean it up for good.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Neosd... you can make this all go away...

I require 10x AES versions to be sent to this address:

Mister Rot Sexxy Te,
The PawnMaster Shop,
69 Bareback St,
Greater CawkMuncher,
M3 S3X,
United KingDome.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
That King of Monsters 2 has the same CRC as mine - glad it will be added to the CRC checks in unibios and preserved too =D

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I received my MVS NeoSD today and it works great so far. I've flashed games to both of the carts I got and didn't see any issue. Thanks again!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I received my MVS NeoSD today and it works great so far. I've flashed games to both of the carts I got and didn't see any issue. Thanks again!

Excellent news!

I'll check my games this weekend.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
https://twitter.com/ModernVintageG/status/809232789421903872

.../waves at Lemony Vengeance... It's nice to see you being so supportive to the community here...

If you read on, you'd see that I was assisting him. Let's face it though, telling people to use another PSU was glib. I'm glad that the issues were able to be moved past (Firmware update + another undisclosed solution). nothing is worse than dropping some coin on something that's been hyped up and not having it work out of the box.

And BTW, is this really a "Community" product? Community supported, maybe, but not a community product. It would have been released with or without support from you or Razoola.

and FWIW, I plan on getting one of these. Just need to gather up enough scratch. Life is not liking the lemon at the moment.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
GOT MINE TODAY!!!!

Didn't have a ton of time cause studying for exam, but I did make some time to test this baby out.

My box wasn't crushed or anything, but I did notice it seemed my 2 PCB's were bent somewhere, as the edge connectors were touching.

Here's what I am running this on:

Neo Geo AES English Pro-Pow.
Serial just under 18000.
Daedalus Converter.
Unibios 2.4
XRGB Mini via SCART

Upon first attempt the thing fired up and seemed to work perfectly. Started a game and no sound :(
Made sure the PCB was really snug, and sound fired right up upon next power on.

This thing is working perfectly!

Tested and confirmed working:

Garou
Gururin
Magical Drop III
Nightmare in the Dark
Twinkle Star Sprites
Pulstar (sorta)

This is working exactly like my official MVS carts through my Daedalus, except in some respects better.

First, I am still having issues with Pulstar. My official cart likes to go black during cut-scene transitions, and after dying. It doesn't load video properly after a death until a few seconds after the stage has started leading to insta deaths. I think this is my t.v. not liking the signal though.

Garou MOTW - With my official cart crashes with a unibios error screen. It was unplayable with a Daedalus for me, but confirmed working for over an hour on another members cab. Glad to report it works perfect with the NeoSD. That's such a relief....

All the other games worked flawless thus far. No unibios errors and game crashes. So I am a very happy camper!

The Pulstar thing still sucks though, but it's not NeoSD's fault, I just think it hates something in my setup.

Can someone with a Daedalus setup test Pulstar and see if it goes black at certain points during cut-scenes? Like when the chic first gets out of the ship and is running?

Here's some working pics.

20161216_025121.jpg

20161216_025956.jpg

Last edited: