Question: What do people do with their AES carts nowadays?

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
Howdy everyone,

Been years since I last popped into this forum. I'm back today because I just cleared out a room-ful of junk at an apartment I used to stay in, and discovered (re-discovered, rather) my treasure trove of AES carts. I reckon there are about 25-30 carts of all the usual titles (slugs, motw, kofs, etc).

My question is - now that the games are all available (emulated, but still) on PS4, what are people doing with their carts? I also found my AES but I don't suppose it'll be wise to try plugging that into my flatscreen TV?

Or are people really still playing their AES in this day and age? If so, what's the best way to do so (I think I also found an XRGB2 from ages ago lying around in my box...)?

Cheers and it does feel good to be back here! :glee:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Howdy everyone,

Been years since I last popped into this forum. I'm back today because I just cleared out a room-ful of junk at an apartment I used to stay in, and discovered (re-discovered, rather) my treasure trove of AES carts. I reckon there are about 25-30 carts of all the usual titles (slugs, motw, kofs, etc).

My question is - now that the games are all available (emulated, but still) on PS4, what are people doing with their carts? I also found my AES but I don't suppose it'll be wise to try plugging that into my flatscreen TV?

Or are people really still playing their AES in this day and age? If so, what's the best way to do so (I think I also found an XRGB2 from ages ago lying around in my box...)?

Cheers and it does feel good to be back here! :glee:

Everyone is selling their shit and buying a NeoSD.

Sell all you shit and put the $30,000 in savings for retirement.

Carless Walker

Kabuki Klasher
Everyone is selling their shit and buying a NeoSD.

Sell all you shit and put the $30,000 in savings for retirement.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

I thought we were supposed to line our shelves with "hidden gems and holy grails", and never touch or play them.

Did you not get the memo? It was in the monthly TPS report. Did you not see the TPS report? I'll get you a TPS report.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I never play them - I just wipe them down with a diaper. :thevt:

Actually, I play through them once in a while. I try not to let a year go by without playing every game in my NG collection at least once.

geise

Mickey's Coach
How did you forget you have 20-30 AES carts in an apartment you used to stay at? Lol!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Probably just some scam to get someone to bite on purchasing all his Aes carts. Either that or this dude is a serious baller who just doesn't give a fuck.

Most regular people wouldn't forget they purchased 20-30 Aes carts. Even if you purchased them back in the days and they were $200-300 a pop. Nes, Snes, Genesis carts sure but not Neo-Geo.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Well...I guess if you live under a rock...ya’gonna have slugs...

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
Well these carts were something I purchased as part of a hobby a long time ago. I'm not interested in selling them, just curious to know what people do with the carts themselves nowadays.

I even forgot I did things like take pictures of them! (see my sig, the link still works after 15 years!)

I've since moved on from the hobby to other things in life. So, no, not a scam..

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
What do you expect people to do with Neo Geo carts? I'll tell you what they do: They put them on a shelve and forget about them, just like you ;)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Taking pictures of the carts and posting about them on the internet seems to be the most popular thing to do.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
A lot of folks realize the growing value of AES carts and often want to get them graded and protected. A lot of people are having a great experience with me by sending the carts to my P.O. box. I get the carts graded, and fully sealed - protecting your investment.

All sales final. Not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have no Neo Geo stuff anymore and I've moved on, you should too.

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
Thanks for the advice. I honestly couldn't remember which carts I still had in my collection till I unearthed my little cache yesterday.

I had more memories of playing the Neo Hotel Unit with my old friend deffty almost 20 years ago now. Boy I do miss those days.

On another note - how do I turn on the 10 years avatar on this forum? It looks pretty cool!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Thanks for the advice. I honestly couldn't remember which carts I still had in my collection till I unearthed my little cache yesterday.

I had more memories of playing the Neo Hotel Unit with my old friend deffty almost 20 years ago now. Boy I do miss those days.

On another note - how do I turn on the 10 years avatar on this forum? It looks pretty cool!
One of the mods can do it for you. Shoot Rot a message in chat.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Well these carts were something I purchased as part of a hobby a long time ago. I'm not interested in selling them, just curious to know what people do with the carts themselves nowadays.

I even forgot I did things like take pictures of them! (see my sig, the link still works after 15 years!)

Just so you know, your slug 1 and 2 could probably fetch five figures.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
97f0cae8263a9d62a2f537e0700ddcfb.jpg