Burning Fight PROTO DISCOVERED!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I received a response from Haze the other day:
"thanks, this has been added for the next release.

this build seems a lot closer to the final, the gfx / sample data match the final but with the prototype board rom arrangement, the program code (both 68k and z80) are different to any build that was already dumped."

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Just wanted to say thank you for dumping this proto of Burning Fight. I do love this game, and played it a shit ton back in the day when it first came out on my JPN AES. Playing this proto will be a blast, and I cannot wait to grab the rom and hopefully burn it to eproms to actually add to my MVS carts for real cab use. :)

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Just wanted to say thank you for dumping this proto of Burning Fight. I do love this game, and played it a shit ton back in the day when it first came out on my JPN AES. Playing this proto will be a blast, and I cannot wait to grab the rom and hopefully burn it to eproms to actually add to my MVS carts for real cab use. :)

Glad to hear it'll be enjoyed! Do you see it in MAME now? I don't keep my MAME up to date

FYI, the proto PCB layout is different... I'm not sure if you'd be able to simply burn ROMs and put them in a production cart, but good luck if you go that route!

Last edited:

Fakk2

Glad to hear it'll be enjoyed! Do you see it in MAME now? I don't keep my MAME up to date

FYI, the proto PCB layout is different... I'm not sure if you'd be able to simply burn ROMs and put them in a production cart, but good luck if you go that route!

Actually, the PCB route was what I want to take for all the protos that have been dumped. I don't play Roms on the PC anymore and haven't for years. So if I can find proper AES/MVS boards for the games I will be playing them daily for quite some time, when I get the time to burn them and solder them to the boards that is. I have been super busy for a long time. But, I am really glad that the roms were dumped because if I simply cannot put them on the AES/MVS boards then I will play them in rom format in the end.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The rom sizes aren't different than the final version, are they? It should work fine on the same PCBs as the final version.

Fakk2

The rom sizes aren't different than the final version, are they? It should work fine on the same PCBs as the final version.

That is exactly what I was thinking myself, which is why I believe that the actual game on MVS and AES are possible perfect sac carts for the project. I should have the time to get this done soon, right now I'm still trying to find out what went wrong with my Treasure of the Caribbean MVS cart as it's just not working right now, and I have like a million others things cooking at the same time that I need to attend to. Hopefully next month I will have this project done. :)

Jontox

Quiz Detective
Thanks a lot for your discovery and hard work !

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Is this why there are known dumped protos that are currently "safeguarded"? The community isn't deserving of them?