MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
@NeoSD

Been following this thread and I must say I'm really impressed by your work ethic. You said you guys are working on the AES version next and then bam it's done, with video proof.

A lot of vaporware companies do the marketing hype with no real product but you guys are doing it right, reveal only when you have things working and ready to go. If only more people can work the way you guys do.

Keep up the great work!

Now I have to save up and decide which product of your's I want to buy, MVS or AES?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
checkmate

B0mDMHj.gif

leonk

Marked Wolf
sorry guys. but newest label is not screaming "neo geo!" at me.

The product name should be a small side icon (Thing Nintendo, Sega or Sony on their carts) and not the main event. Main pic should be something awesome. Think more along the lines of how Duke Nukem 3D made you feel when you first saw it. YEAH! COME GET SOME!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Gotta agree. Not digging the art at all. Screams 16 bit demo scene (which I am a fan of) and not SNK.

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
If we ordered today how would we know if we are in the first batch of deliveries? ...and I also agree the artwork for the label needs work. Thanks.

Last edited:

tcdev

NEST Puppet
I guess I'm in the minority here, I quite like the artwork. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't have to "scream" Neo Geo at all; I'm happy for it to "scream" NeoSD, and let the MVS/AES hardware do the advertising for SNK.

leonk

Marked Wolf
I think we need a mod to step in and clean up this thead a bit. There's a lot of valuable information here but it's lost in the pages (eg Raz's reviews, info on converting romz, etc). It would be super helpful to have links to these posts in the first one. agreed?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I think we need a mod to step in and clean up this thead a bit. There's a lot of valuable information here but it's lost in the pages (eg Raz's reviews, info on converting romz, etc). It would be super helpful to have links to these posts in the first one. agreed?

Naw... too much effort...

People need to read the thread... Its a major release and all the info... even the spamming is sorta cool...

If you read a thread like this you will see the general ebb and flow of the forum... and what it takes to be a member here...

xROTx

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple

first one looks very promising, actually fucking awesome. imho both are better than the first red version... my advise: dont try to listen to ALL n-g.com members or it will be the "hillary trump voting asiatictransteenchickmatureunicorn etc."^^

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
Crap, my MVS NeoSD isn't even here yet, and I am having to talk myself down from buying an AES version.:lolz: I don't even have my thingy set built yet.:emb:

NeoSD, in the future will it be possible to buy the AES version boards only, and use the shell we got with the MVS preorder? Will we also be able to buy the sticker separately?

Thank you so much for the incredible work!

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Hello,

I have original AES cases, old type and new type.
I would say that those fit 100%, i can check it latter tonite and let you know.

About the shockboxes, if an original AES cartridge fits there, neosd shell should fit. Unfortunally i never liked shockboxes so i never purchased one.

Thanks

On the Shockbox case I beleive he was asking will your MVS cart fit the Shockbox, you replied "if an original AES cartridge fits there", not sure if your reply was a typo and you meant original MVS?

In other words does your MVS cart shell have the same dimensions of an OEM or even the aftermarket MVS cases?

If it does then it should fit fine in a Shockbox case.

If anyone who received their NeoSD MVS and can confirm it fits a Shockbox case that would be great also.

Digging the NeoSD AES version as well, gonna be tough which one to choose when it comes time to order. Nice work.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
A regular AES cart fits just fine in a shockbox, and so will his repo shell as I assume the dimensions are exactly the same.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes thats right. My understanding is the NeoSD shell is the same dimentions as an AES cartridge shell. This shell will be used for both MVS and AES NeoSD's (which means youll need two different artworks neosd). This is how I worked out there would be an AES NeoSD very quickly because if you looked at the shell pictures that have been on their webstore since the start you can see its custom designed for both MVS and AES. You'll notice for example two different PCB holding strips (one for MVS and one for AES) and the shell has the SDcard gap in both sides to accomondate either the MVS or AES NeoSD.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Thats 100% correct

Building 2 molds would increase the project cost a lot, so we decided to make one mold for both shells. This way we can deliver a more adjusted product price cause the ecnomic risk is lower.

I hope you all understand why we took this decision

Thanks

Yes thats right. My understanding is the NeoSD shell is the same dimentions as an AES cartridge shell. This shell will be used for both MVS and AES NeoSD's (which means youll need two different artworks neosd). This is how I worked out there would be an AES NeoSD very quickly because if you looked at the shell pictures that have been on their webstore since the start you can see its custom designed for both MVS and AES. You'll notice for example two different PCB holding strips (one for MVS and one for AES) and the shell has the SDcard gap in both sides to accomondate either the MVS or AES NeoSD.

alienpdx

n00b
Hi guys, been following this thread for a while and have read your comments on the sticker artwork, and i have come to the conclussion that i cannot please everybody =)

we've deceided to loose the url on the cart (yay) and i will do a little bit of more tweaking on the metal grate/metal slug one.
Neo-Geo, for me is Metal slug. It stands for everything from my youth until now, and has been an amazing source of inspiration for me thru the years, the pixel artwork in that is unmatched, forever.

I have on purpose stayed away from copy pasting random snk artwork or deviant-art fan art , as i simply dont want to 'steal' stuff for it on a sticker. i spend a good deal of hours vector tracing that metal slug tank silouette by hand in illustrator , while i just could have copy/pasted some random artwork on it. thats not my style. hope u understand! The design is about neosd and not snk or something, the MS tank is just a little homage.

but thank u all for your feedback! no more red babboon ass design or screaming 16bit demoscene stuff (wait ,wat ;) ) i am a huge demoscener pixeler afterall (in size, that is) just watch OVERDRIVE on a megadrive and you'll see what i mean =)

neosd

Neosd Developer
What can i say Alien ?

You know i am your fan number 2

Thanks for the effort

Hi guys, been following this thread for a while and have read your comments on the sticker artwork, and i have come to the conclussion that i cannot please everybody =)

we've deceided to loose the url on the cart (yay) and i will do a little bit of more tweaking on the metal grate/metal slug one.
Neo-Geo, for me is Metal slug. It stands for everything from my youth until now, and has been an amazing source of inspiration for me thru the years, the pixel artwork in that is unmatched, forever.

I have on purpose stayed away from copy pasting random snk artwork or deviant-art fan art , as i simply dont want to 'steal' stuff for it on a sticker. i spend a good deal of hours vector tracing that metal slug tank silouette by hand in illustrator , while i just could have copy/pasted some random artwork on it. thats not my style. hope u understand! The design is about neosd and not snk or something, the MS tank is just a little homage.

but thank u all for your feedback! no more red babboon ass design or screaming 16bit demoscene stuff (wait ,wat ;) ) i am a huge demoscener pixeler afterall (in size, that is) just watch OVERDRIVE on a megadrive and you'll see what i mean =)

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
This might be a dumb question, but is it bad for the cart to keep flashing new games? At the moment there is just so many games that I want to play that I hadn't had the chance to before, so I find myself changing from one game to another a lot.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
This might be a dumb question, but is it bad for the cart to keep flashing new games? At the moment there is just so many games that I want to play that I hadn't had the chance to before, so I find myself changing from one game to another a lot.

i read sth about lifetime around 100.000 flashes...?! so...you should have a few changes left...

leonk

Marked Wolf
alienpdx: can we see a neo geo logo anywhere on there? It should at least have that. It should also specify aes or mvs for those that have both (given the same shell is used)