Informations about PC Engine: is this the best version?

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
ah ok. Do Lords of Thunder, Gate of thunder and Sapphire work well in this emulator on xbox?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I don't know about Supergrafx games, I don't see why not but I haven't tried but it does cd games pretty well. I think I had a issue with Spriggan were the music wasn't in sync with the video. Forget whether it was Spriggan or Lords of Thunder. Could have been a issue with my bin or iso.

It at least does Battle Ace. I could never get the others to work, but that may have been the roms I downloaded. PCE roms were always finicky.

ah ok. Do Lords of Thunder, Gate of thunder and Sapphire work well in this emulator on xbox?

LoT and GoT both work with the actual CD's, can't speak for the .iso's.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It at least does Battle Ace. I could never get the others to work, but that may have been the roms I downloaded. PCE roms were always finicky.

LoT and GoT both work with the actual CD's, can't speak for the .iso's.

Yea, its far from perfect. I was able to get Dracula X to run but better off using a Pc Emulator if you want to play the romz.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'd also recommend a Wii. Between the official Nintendo emulators (virtual console) and Wiimednafen, I can pretty much play all my favorite PC Engine games on it. The Wii is dirt cheap and can easily be softmodded. All you need is a SD card.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'd also recommend a Wii. Between the official Nintendo emulators (virtual console) and Wiimednafen, I can pretty much play all my favorite PC Engine games on it. The Wii is dirt cheap and can easily be softmodded. All you need is a SD card.

Cory, can it run the cd games as well? I think the pc engine emulator I have on my wii is crap.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Cory, can it run the cd games as well? I think the pc engine emulator I have on my wii is crap.

I need to try it, again. I had issues with the ISOs, IIRC. Exile 2 is on the top of my list to play.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I need to try it, again. I had issues with the ISOs, IIRC. Exile 2 is on the top of my list to play.

Yea, I know the Sega emulator does a good job with Sega CD games but don't recall running Pce CD games.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

Yes but I prefer to use .wads when it comes to the CDs (both official and injected ones). It's way less hassle. All my favorite games work perfectly (Dracula X, Lord's of Thunder, Gate of Thunder, ect).

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
unfortunately i don't have anymore the Wii...I sold it some years ago :(
Ah so its PC Engine emulator is better than the mednafen on the xbox? And what about a PCE emulator on xbox 360 or ps2 or Wii U? I have these 3 consoles too.

So on xbox the games doesn't work well? I'm interested in particular to some games like GoT, LoT, castlevania, Sapphire, Spriggan, Spriggan II,... The main reason that I have to buy again a modded xobx is to play some emulators like the PC Engine and Final Burn Legend or Coin OPS. But if the PCE has problems...i'm not sure to buy it.

Is it possible to play backup games on PC Engine Duo R/RX without any mod?Or is the only way to play hucard rom games on Turbo Everdrive?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The cd systems don't have copy protection.

ssjlance

Asked For Custom, Rank. Unsure If, I Can Be Bother
Is it possible to play backup games on PC Engine Duo R/RX without any mod?Or is the only way to play hucard rom games on Turbo Everdrive?

You need an Everdrive to play HuCard games.

You do not need an Everdrive to play CD games.

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
perfect, so I can burn a copy of thecd games format and they are supported by the console like the originals copy.