Original retail price of Neo Geo home carts and MVS carts...

endgamer

Another Striker
Hello everybody,

Wondering if anyone has a link or list or knows exactly how much each and every cart original retailed for both US and Jap as well as all released MVS carts. I appreciate and thank you for any help.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I have always wanted to know that too. I still have my old EGM magazines, and I remember the retailers in the back published the prices. I don't know if they were the original retail price though. I'll check them out...

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I could tell you the original price of almost every Japanese home cartridge*, but the US ones varied from place to place over the years, since the national price idea seems confined to Japan.

edit:* and MVS cartridge

[This message has been edited by Neo Bomber Man (edited February 23, 2001).]

dragynchylde

Cheng's Errand Boy
And then you get to add 50% on top as penance if you're a Canadian.

lol (or perhaps the sound of muffled weeping?)

------------------

[This message has been edited by dragynchylde (edited February 23, 2001).]

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
I actually have a book that lists ALL Neo games, MVS, CD and AES dates of release, meg count, and price! Any you want to know about in particular?

------------------
"The un-examined life, is a life not worth living"

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
vertabum:

Do you have a scanner that you scan the list out of?

endgamer

Another Striker
Where did you get that book and what is it called. What is the isbn number. Yes I have access to a scanner but I am not sure of it I will have to ask my sister. Any way for now would you please tell me original retail price of Waku Waku 7, Blazing Star, NEO GEO Mr. Do MVS, Prehistoric Isle 2 MVS, Voltage Fighter Gowgaizer and Super Dodgeball MVS. Thank you much. I appreciate it.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Shure! I'll look it up for you and post in in a little bit!

------------------

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Oh, the name of the book is "All About SNK Head To Head Fighters". It's a book I got from Japan about the history of SNK fighters. It also includes a list of every game from SNK & Neo Geo related, with dates & prices.
If I had a scanner I'd scan a copy of it for you, but you also have to know Japanese to read it. Anyway I'll post those games for you in a little bit!

------------------

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It also includes a list of every game from SNK & Neo Geo related, with dates & prices.

Not true! Look closely, and you'll notice some omissions, as well as the complete lack of info of the overseas MVS releases. Notice how I said "almost every Japanese home cartridge and MVS cartridge" up top. There was a reason.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Bomber Man:
Not true! Look closely, and you'll notice some omissions, as well as the complete lack of info of the overseas MVS releases. Notice how I said "almost every Japanese home cartridge and MVS cartridge" up top. There was a reason.

Good point! I should have said MOST JAPANESE instead. Oh well! So, you have the book to? Great publication, isn't it?

------------------

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Yeah, I've got the book, and nearly went insane afterwards, because I had spent a few hundred hours collecting most of the information within on my own, not having known the book had been out since last autumn.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Bomber Man:
Yeah, I've got the book, and nearly went insane afterwards, because I had spent a few hundred hours collecting most of the information within on my own, not having known the book had been out since last autumn.

Ouch! Thats a lot of time!

------------------