The real SFV thread -- No posers allowed

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Just kidding. But seriously, let's start a comprehensive SFV thread. We'll swap fighter ids, schedule fights, upload matches, and discuss strats.

Who are you using? Right now I'm maining Nash. Really weird to have qcf fireball inputs, but I'm liking him so far. A really cool video to get some ideas when using him:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Do you work for Capcom or something?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
lol, I'm a Street Fighter fan

Do you work for story modes?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Once you knock Nash down, he's in big trouble. Anyways, you got a PS4 wes?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
And you can't even connect to sfv. What a noob. It's best you don't play online. Having to play against real people would only confuse you.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I played through all of the "story" modes. Once the server gets straightened out, I will start online. I spend a little time with Necalli, but not decision made yet

ID candycabscrub

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Once you knock Nash down, he's in big trouble. Anyways, you got a PS4 wes?

I'm playing PC. My fighter ID is wespaul --add me.

Speaking of which, I've tried to add two people here and when I put in their ID nothing is coming up in the search. What's everybody's fighter ID??

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
untill I have some free time I'm just playing ryu in ranked, I don't think I will stick with him but the muscle memory stuck for him from the betas.

So far I love the pace, The stakes are always high. I'm surprised at some of the risks they took, dhalsim is so fucking different, he's a bit like SFIV dali in the way he's played overall, but man does he feel different. taking alot of getting used to.

anyway my ID is mistercomplexz. it's good to play a game again :)

I have the pc version too but I've yet to make a ID on it.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Fighter ID: DesperateAttempt

I'm starting with Vega but plan to add more characters to the arsenal once I start understanding things. Lot's of fun and didn't change him too much.

I really like this game. It's a fresh breath after SF4.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'm on PC.

My fighter ID is Kaioh85.

I suck really bad at this game right now though.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I havent bought this shit yet, give me some time. I been playing at a friends when I do play.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Picked this up for the PC. Should be able to spend some time with it this weekend.

Fighter ID: Jag-Master

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
hows the legacy controllers working on it for ps4? you have to have a ps4 controller per arcade stick right? Tried to play this on tuesday with my friend on steam. apparently the steam version blows alot of dick cause it doesnt detect 2 joysticks. pretty shitty. Ill be buying a ps4 once i sell my magician lord mvs, hopefully ill have it by the time alex is released

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
On mkx you basically started the game with the ps4 controller then in the game switch to the joystick.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
can one person start up the game with ps4 controller go to versus then two ps3 arcade sticks will work? Or both ppl have to have a controller too

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I'm glad I didn't reply before turning on the ps4 to confirm. it looks like you do need some form of ps4 device connected per player. The option to authenticate a legacy stick for player 2 is greyed out until a second controller is detected.

so I can basically use almost every joystick I have on the ps4 version, and none on the pc.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
can one person start up the game with ps4 controller go to versus then two ps3 arcade sticks will work? Or both ppl have to have a controller too

Both people will need a PS4 controller.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Anybody want to chill and have fun learning the game? Ranked is getting really old really quick. Play mostly on Steam but do have the PS4 copy. Mr_Bakaboy on both accounts.