Someone working on Street Fighter 2 port to Neo Geo

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Mortal Kombat lost most of their core audience years ago. Meaning most people who play Mortal Kombat 9 & X hardcore now probably didn't start w/ the 1st 3.They reinvented themselves as great storytellers somewhere between Deadly Alliance and Deception. By that time they really had nothing to lose in keeping w/ 3d.

This.

I was a huge MK fan back in the day, but lost interest after Trilogy. Now I couldnt give two shits about MK, but if I ever decided to play one again it wouldn't be anything after 3 Ultimate.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
This.

I was a huge MK fan back in the day, but lost interest after Trilogy. Now I couldnt give two shits about MK, but if I ever decided to play one again it wouldn't be anything after 3 Ultimate.

I'm the exact same way.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
That's cool that that's your opinion, but in that case, why be here? SRK shut down and you have nowhere else to be?

The "hard hitters from Capcom, Konami". Buddha wept, do you have any idea what you sound like?

And yeah, as much as I love the CPS-2 library, there are a ton of Neo games I would choose to play over any of them (other than maybe Vampire Hunter) in most cases. It's why I registered here and not at some Capcom forum. I don't even know if there is an equivalent forum for Konami fans. I don't know what the "hard hitters" from Konami are even supposed to be. What great arcade games did Konami make in the '90s?.

Ok, let's get this straight. You start bitching to me about posting on this forum for saying something your holiness disapproves of (Yeah, I also love OTHER games besides SNK titles, imagine that!) yet you have no idea what games Konami or Midway produced in the '90s? Did you live in shitsville usa in the '90s? And did it occur to you that people are entitled to like, say and do whatever the hell they want to? You vehemently defend the neo geo as if there is nothing better yet a couple of lines further you say you love the cps2 library and vampire hunter (but congrats, you didn't register art some capcom forum). Please, don't ever talk to ever again. If I want to listen to poop talk, I'll go somewhere else.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Ok, let's get this straight. You start bitching to me about posting on this forum for saying something your holiness disapproves of (Yeah, I also love OTHER games besides SNK titles, imagine that!) yet you have no idea what games Konami or Midway produced in the '90s? Did you live in shitsville usa in the '90s? And did it occur to you that people are entitled to like, say and do whatever the hell they want to? You vehemently defend the neo geo as if there is nothing better yet a couple of lines further you say you love the cps2 library and vampire hunter (but congrats, you didn't register art some capcom forum). Please, don't ever talk to ever again. If I want to listen to poop talk, I'll go somewhere else.

I give up

Severe skull density values observed. EG chromosome detected

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Did anyone here actually own a Supergun and buy arcade boards back in the '90s? I've saw ads in the back of gaming magazines for the mid '90s, but I can't imagine many people doing that.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honest though, they didn't make too many games for ng64. It's one of the biggest missed opportunities of them all, way more than atomiswave. And the hardware was bunk.

Agreed it was a waste. Although I feel the Neo Geo Poket and Atomiswave were bigger wastes. Neo Geo Pocket being the worst by a longshot. That system is amazing.

I loved every game SNK released on Atomiswave. Sure some were rough around the edges (Neowave comes to mind), but I played the crap out of all of them. HNG64 was only something I played a little bit. Mostly FF Wild Ambition and Sam Sho Warriors Rage on PSX, but it never felt like they figured out 3d yet. Though they had a lot of interesting ideas where to go with it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Ok, let's get this straight. You start bitching to me about posting on this forum for saying something your holiness disapproves of (Yeah, I also love OTHER games besides SNK titles, imagine that!) yet you have no idea what games Konami or Midway produced in the '90s?

That's why I don't belong to a Konami or Midway fansite forum, if such things even exist.

I like your idea about you going somewhere else, though. First sensible thing you've said.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
I give up

Severe skull density values observed. EG chromosome detected

He is right. You ( Southtownkid) cannot state that there are no hard hitters from Konami (let alone Capcom..LMAO) and then say that you re basically talking out of your ass since you don't even know what games Konami released in the arcades in the first place.
By the way hard hitters from Konami are Track n fucking Field, Gradius, Salamander, Sunset Riders, TMNT (both imho) , Xmen , Crime fucking Fighters 2 (Vendetta), Violent Storm, Mystic Warriors.

Other than that there are some nice niche games liek Gi Joe , Run n Gun, Soccer Superstars, The simpsons (and many more).

The beat em ups alone shit on the ones available on the Neo, you can't compare Burning Fight to Vendetta or Violent Storm, unless you're biased.
I won't even try to justify Capcom's arcade streak because in 2018 it's simply stupid to say only Vampire is of any value.

This is what Southtownkid said :
What great arcade games did Konami make in the '90s? I can't think of a single one. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you aren't talking about Dance Dance Revolution or some shit

Now tell me who has the EG chromosome.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
He is right. You ( Southtownkid) cannot state that there are no hard hitters from Konami (let alone Capcom..LMAO) and then say that you re basically talking out of your ass since you don't even know what games Konami released in the arcades in the first place.
By the way hard hitters from Konami are Track n fucking Field, Gradius, Salamander, Sunset Riders, TMNT (both imho) , Xmen , Crime fucking Fighters 2 (Vendetta), Violent Storm, Mystic Warriors.

Other than that there are some nice niche games liek Gi Joe , Run n Gun, Soccer Superstars, The simpsons (and many more).

This is what Southtownkid said :
What great arcade games did Konami make in the '90s? I can't think of a single one. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you aren't talking about Dance Dance Revolution or some shit

Now tell me who has the EG chromosome.
You and Gaston. I never once said Capcom didn't have great arcade games in the 1990s.

And your Konami list is a joke. Yeah, I can't count the number of times you'd go to an arcade circa 1995, see a huge crowd of people around a cab, you push your way to the front, and sure enough it's Gradius. Oh wait, that happened zero times to anyone anywhere in the world. You fucking goon.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
You and Gaston. I never once said Capcom didn't have great arcade games in the 1990s.

And your Konami list is a joke. Yeah, I can't count the number of times you'd go to an arcade circa 1995, see a huge crowd of people around a cab, you push your way to the front, and sure enough it's Gradius. Oh wait, that happened zero times to anyone anywhere in the world. You fucking goon.

Let's just agree we don't get along and be done with it. It's all good.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist

I m European and judging from Gaston's flag he s european too. Maybe Konami was a lot more prominent here compared to the US, i give you that. Still I have many friends from CA that tell me Xmen was the bomb back then (the multiplayer cab especially).
I see you're from CA too so i don't know really.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
No, Konami was a big deal in the U.S. Turtles 1 being the biggest, but X-Men, Simpsons, Sunset Riders, Turtles in Time, Gradius, Gyruss, and Track and Field all made significant impact in the arcade scene. Though some of the games Gaston mentioned never really hit it as big out here.

Last edited:

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I don't know what the "hard hitters" from Konami are even supposed to be. What great arcade games did Konami make in the '90s? I can't think of a single one. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you aren't talking about Dance Dance Revolution or some shit.

No, Konami was a big deal in the U.S. Turtles 1 being the biggest, but X-Men, Simpsons, Sunset Riders, Turtles in Time, Gradius, Gyruss, and Track and Field all made significant impact in the arcade scene. Though some of the games Gaston mentioned never really hit it as big out here.

what he said

Last edited:

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The early MKs were not unplayable, because people played them. Yeah, they were seriously broken, but they were fun and had a ton of atmosphere.

And one thing I have to give NetherRealm is that between them, Capcom and SNK, I think NRS has done by far the best job out of the 3 of updating their core franchise to modern times while still keeping intact everything the original fans loved about the series. I love both MK9 and X.

I really respect that Midway/NRS was willing to take an L (multiple consecutive Ls, really) and go through the growing pains of figuring out 3D, unlike SNK with multiple tries at dipping their toe in followed by immediately abandoning the attempt and going back to their comfort zone. Although I do think SNK is only maybe 1 or 2 games away from catching up now.

Early Mk games excelled at overall presentation . The voices, the character select music, the fatalies, bosses, secret challenges etc . They were good at making the games "cool". I also still think Mortal kombat has the best storyline of any fighting game at least the 1-3 stuff..but that isnt saying much. The games themselves didnt play well and felt clunky but were still fun. It really came down to jump kicks and uppercuts with the odd special move thrown in.

Jumpingmanjim

Cheng's Errand Boy
Did anyone here actually own a Supergun and buy arcade boards back in the '90s? I've saw ads in the back of gaming magazines for the mid '90s, but I can't imagine many people doing that.

Found this old ad, looks like an expensive hobby

ej4yc7K.jpg

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Cool thanks for the ad, don’t think I have ever came across that one before. That’s a huge chunk of change for top games like MK or SF, I am surprised at the prices on some older games though, they are cheaper than I imagined.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
My first supergun was an Mas systems one. God what a giant of a contraption.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I remember those ads. MAS, Gamecave, Buy Rite, and a few others always ran ads like this in Gamefan back in the day.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
That’s a huge chunk of change for top games like MK or SF, I am surprised at the prices on some older games though, they are cheaper than I imagined.

That’s because there’s a parabola curve involved. When a new board came out, it was about 2K for the kit. As time passed and the game aged, lost popularity, and earnings dropped, the prices came down. Then, when this 90’s hipster era hit, demand skyrocketed & prices got high again.

So as an example, I paid about $125 for my Konami Turtles in Time board back in 1993/4.
Those who bought it in 1991, paid $1,800.
Those who buy it today, are now paying $700.

(same phenomenon as seen in the home console Atari/Nintendo/Sega collector communities.)