What anime are you watching?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
We hosted an anime night at my house recently and screened the first Urotsukidoji movie. Such a fun time. I was crying with laughter. Super chojin dick FTW :D

Reminds me of when I first watched it as a teenager with my parents in the same room. They have since disowned me.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Watching the original Dragon Ball episodes (subbed). It's sad nobody knows how funny and perverted the original is. I let my step-daughter and her friend watch it on a sleep over years ago. The shock the new generation gets when seeing it is classic.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's weird explaining to my daughter Master Roshi's behavior, then pondering if I'm a horrible dad or the best dad.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Reminds me of when I first watched it as a teenager with my parents in the same room. They have since disowned me.

We will find out whose fake account you are but in the meantime keep posting

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
that was pretty awesome. captured the feel of the 90's sonic really well.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
no chilli dogs. but good humour.

Oh shit! Tyson Hesse did this? I've been a fan of his since back in the early days of his webcomic Boxer Hockey. (He also did some animation work on Skullgirls) Oh, and of course the first Sonic related stuff he did, which was this comic: https://funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/613127/Sonic/

I still think it's hilarious he somehow turned that comic into being able to actually work on official stuff featuring the character (first with some issues of the official Sonic comic and now this)

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
FLCL Progressive and Alternative Combo Trailer

FLCL Alternative is airing on Toonami April 1 as well as several other Japanese anime (original subbed) as part of their annual April Fool's programming. Wish I knew of it sooner.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Megalo Box just started, the spiritual successor to Hajime no Ippo. It's traditionally drawn/animated which really surprised me in this day and age, and the soundtrack is fantastic. This is going to be one hell of a boxing story.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Megalo Box just started, the spiritual successor to Hajime no Ippo. It's traditionally drawn/animated which really surprised me in this day and age, and the soundtrack is fantastic. This is going to be one hell of a boxing story.

I thought it was the spiritual successor to Ashita No Joe... Looked it up, it is officially a part of the Ashita No Joe franchise and is a sort of dystopian future retelling/reimagining. It's kind of funny, Ashita No Joe gets a futuristic set anime and Hokito No Ken gets a spin-off set in the past.

Last edited:

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
So this happened on Sunday:

20180408_114021.jpg

My goofy ass next to Toshio Maeda holding the drawing I bought from him (he suggested the photo, it annoys me to no end when people take pictures of stuff they've bought off an artist for the obvious purpose of using the photo when they sell it online as a piece of authenticity. One of the things I've noticed these people do now is actually take video of the person signing it so they won't have to pay any verification fees and can flip the stuff quickly) Super nice guy, he had stacks and stacks of original drawings at his table and was there with his wife. Lovely people, and even though there was a language barrier I think we got along pretty well.

Last edited:

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That's a great sketch Moose. I was lucky enough to meet Shinichirō Watanabe once and I got a original drawing by him of a bunch of french fries. :lolz:

---

Kenichi Sonoda’s Bean Bandit New Anime Project Kickstarter is live

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/beanbandit/kenichi-sonodas-bean-bandit-new-anime-project/

Kinda disappointed the target run time is only 5 minutes. I'll probably still end up backing it but I wish it was at least 10 minutes long like Kick Heart.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Just finished Gurren Laggan. Not the typical kind of mecha I watch, but still enjoyable. I think I liked the second arc more.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
My wife's been really pissed off with work lately, so for the last two weeks maybe, she demanded to see Hokuto no Ken. Been so awesome. We just finished the Souther arc and it was a tear jerker. Kenshiro is awesome!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Just finished Gurren Laggan. Not the typical kind of mecha I watch, but still enjoyable. I think I liked the second arc more.

i remember watching this when it first came out. it was one of the best anime around then.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Akira's 30th Anniversary is today 07/16/1988 :)

Japan Times has been doing a week long series of articles, great read.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/tag/akira-week/

ryHfCwl.jpg

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Akira's 30th Anniversary is today 07/16/1988 :)

Japan Times has been doing a week long series of articles, great read.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/tag/akira-week/

ryHfCwl.jpg

For a second you got my hopes up that they'd finally be adapting the manga in its entirety (The film is a masterpiece, but a lot of the social commentary and character beats ended up lost in compressing the thing down to a movie)