Turntable advice (which one?)

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
This is the one I was considering on Amazon:
Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002S1CJ2Q/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2CZT8SOLAXK07&colid=2EYFXJSXIPPVV&psc=1

Thoughts?

I'd better not make the leap though. The last thing I need is another medium to collect physical media for.

I got one. Put maybe 20 hours on it at most as I was using it as a player in my bedroom, and just a very short time after it was out or warranty it died. Not too impressed. My old school Sanyo Is a better player.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
This is the one I was considering on Amazon:
Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002S1CJ2Q/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2CZT8SOLAXK07&colid=2EYFXJSXIPPVV&psc=1

Thoughts?

I'd better not make the leap though. The last thing I need is another medium to collect physical media for.

I have it and it's worked for me. Put maybe 100 ish hours on it and no issues, though it's a starter deck. I haven't experienced what stacks gas, but I have seen threads on other forums regarding the motor dying easily.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
If funds are not supper tight Rega really is one of the best options for getting into turntables. They are made in England...not China. They have been around for decades and are a solid company with service/parts support. I also like how they continue to refine their products over time. They just revised their entry level turntable...switching back to the Planar name of old. The new Planar 1 is a fantastic buy and represents a lot of performance for the price. If a person can find a dealer that still has the previous version, the RP1, in stock it is truly a steal of a deal as they clear out inventory.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I was a huge rave vinyl DJ for years. We used a water alchohol mixture to clean our records. I have used nothing but technics and sure cartridges. The this is good for the price as you are really talking big money for good clarity. I have mountains of records piled up al over the place and use them in conjunction with an mpc 1000 to make beats for fun.