Post Your Recent Purchases!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Picked up this video treasure. As you can see from the photo it is an ex-rental.

Dr. Black, Mr. Hyde

View attachment 47254

So basically, this black doctor invents a formula that turns him into a deranged white guy who murders prostitutes.

I have the Blackula movies. I know there's a Blackenstein movie.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Here is the set I picked up last weekend.

20171111_093132.jpg

The Zenith behind this one is a color unit. Just for anyone curious. Off to the side is a pvm and another little color tv. There are several more units and another pvm stored down there that are not in the shot.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
that's one cool looking set. do you use it for anything?

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Someday. I plan on, once I get the basement done, hooking all my gear up. Would be cool to watch old monster movies on. Maybe set it up for the holiday to play old Christmas shows. It's funny because it is one of those that takes a while to warm up and get picture and sound to come on.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I found this video of FAT$TACKS working on his latest purchases:

:keke:

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Here is the set I picked up last weekend.

View attachment 47263

The Zenith behind this one is a color unit. Just for anyone curious. Off to the side is a pvm and another little color tv. There are several more units and another pvm stored down there that are not in the shot.

Cool looking TV, what size is the screen?
I don't remember ever having a tv with a handle growing up.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Shocker is a great movie! I'm going to have to watch that again now.

It's 19". Pretty nice to find a B/W that size anymore.

I had black and white tv for a long time when I was young. Played lot of Atari on one. I had a small one that you could plug headphones into and I would watch it late at night after my parents were asleep. Watched a lot of USA Up All Night, back then.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Picked up this video treasure. As you can see from the photo it is an ex-rental.

Dr. Black, Mr. Hyde

View attachment 47254

So basically, this black doctor invents a formula that turns him into a deranged white guy who murders prostitutes.

I must see this. Blaxplotation is a treasure trove of good movies once you get past the titles.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Well now im deeper down the rabit hole.. Traded up to a Sony PVM 20M2MDU yesterday

IMG_20171112_125801597.jpg

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Howdy lol. Yeah, mind doesn't do that at this time. :( I'm an hour south of Columbia if you wanna come over and help me with it lol.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Howdy lol. Yeah, mind doesn't do that at this time. :( I'm an hour south of Columbia if you wanna come over and help me with it lol.

I just got my first pvm im still learning like you, I saw your CRT fetish posts. A shame it didnt work right for you right away Im actually having issues with my Svideo on mine but i tested composite and component today and those work just fine. Theres people in here FAR more knowledgeable about geometery than I sadly.

Its neat that yours has option cards though mine does not

Edit im about 1 1/2 hours away from columbia pidemont area

Last edited:

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I picked these up the last month...figured I'd see if the general apathy toward the system was deserved...

20171113_195337.jpg

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Now here is something any collector would be right proud to have.

The Legend of Hillbilly John

s-l1600.jpg