What shelving unit to use? (complete NA MVS in shock boxes)

Teluin

New Challenger
Working on a near complete NA +2 MVS collection and looking to buy one shelves unit that would display a complete set. Any recommendations? Actual wall space has become an issue so height is a bonus. Cheers.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Dr Docking has a variety of shelving technologies available, they're the best they really get it up there.

Carless Walker

Kabuki Klasher
Lachlan is correct, Dr. Dockings Jelqing units are perfect. They are similar to the regular units only slightly longer.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lachlan is correct, Dr. Dockings Jelqing units are perfect. They are similar to the regular units only slightly longer.

The instructions are quite good too, handy little thing to have included.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Dr Docking has a variety of shelving technologies available, they're the best they really get it up there.

In other words, docking really gets you erect?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Try the Billy shelving from Ikea.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
In other words, docking really gets you erect?

I don't know about you but when you're erect and staring at all of your gaming stuff it's a magical experience.

grafik__

n00b
I really like the Vitsoe shelving system designed by Dieter Rams of Braun fame. Very modular, it's been in production since the 60's and will be into the future. Different depths (and widths) of shelving available and it screws into the wall or can be attached to posts that compress between the ceiling and floor. Keeps your room/space feeling open, blends into the wall, and looks great with Neo games on it. Good luck with choosing a shelving system... it's a tough choice but is super important, saggy wooden shelves don't do justice to the Neo Geo!

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I'm surprised there aren't graded shelving units for storing ones game collection.

Anyone who stores their collection on any shelf graded below a 9.8 isn't a real collector.

See, can you imagine the market for shit like that.

Have your graded shelving unit in the back ground of your youtube videos!

Send me at least 100 photos of your shelving unit in good lighting and I'll issue an official grade and send you a certificate via email that you can print out, frame and display on your shelving, to show how good your shelving is. You can't display your collection without a display shelf, and you can be a serious collector with just any shelves, get yours graded today.

Whippy

Banned
Working on a near complete NA +2 MVS collection and looking to buy one shelves unit that would display a complete set. Any recommendations? Actual wall space has become an issue so height is a bonus. Cheers.

build it yourself, and make it fit exactly where you want it to.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I'm surprised there aren't graded shelving units for storing ones game collection.

Anyone who stores their collection on any shelf graded below a 9.8 isn't a real collector.

See, can you imagine the market for shit like that.

Have your graded shelving unit in the back ground of your youtube videos!

But I’m too busy building a game museum in my garage!

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
I really like the Vitsoe shelving system designed by Dieter Rams of Braun fame. Very modular, it's been in production since the 60's and will be into the future. Different depths (and widths) of shelving available and it screws into the wall or can be attached to posts that compress between the ceiling and floor. Keeps your room/space feeling open, blends into the wall, and looks great with Neo games on it. Good luck with choosing a shelving system... it's a tough choice but is super important, saggy wooden shelves don't do justice to the Neo Geo!

We got a baller here. Vitsoe 606 is $$$$$, but it is very nice. All of Dieter Rams' stuff are great.

grafik__

n00b
We got a baller here. Vitsoe 606 is $$$$$, but it is very nice. All of Dieter Rams' stuff are great.

Nice to know there is another Rams fan on here... it's pricey on one hand, but also holds it's value over time (much like the Neo). The metal shelving is far more affordable than those 36" cabinets but we can't have sun-fading can we! ;)

Dr Docking

out of control fake account
Motorboat 64

I believe this is a photo from elGrizzbo's collection. What was her name? Where did she go? This is of extreme importance to the West Korean WKIA (West Korean Intelligence Agency)

Any and ALL assistance is appreciated and discounts on portage and of course my clinic are available to genuine sources.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Dumpster-non.JPG

plenty of space in there after emptying