Is your Neo geo AES console cracked?

Is your Neo Geo AES system cracked or missing a chunk of plastic?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 96.2%

• Total voters

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Over the years I’ve seen so many Neo Geo AES systems that are cracked or missing big chunks of plastic. Is your system damaged in this way?

Also If your system is cracked or missing a chunk of plastic and you know how it happened, then post your story here! My American system is not cracked but I wouldn’t be surprised one day to glance at it and notice a crack or chip of plastic missing!

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
A story? Oh I've got a story alright. Okay it goes like this, get ready.

Okay, alright.

So basically I met this woman and we y'know hit it off and shit and this led to that and yadda yadda before I knew it I had an AES in front of me, a great AES with one hell of a crack and like moses I made that crack a canyon, the rest is history.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I know there are 3D printed AES power switches, but what about the entire shell?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

Okay, alright.

So basically I met this woman and we y'know hit it off and shit and this led to that and yadda yadda before I knew it I had an AES in front of me, a great AES with one hell of a crack and like moses I made that crack a canyon, the rest is history.
You're God's gift to these forums, mate.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member

Okay, alright.

:lolz:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
No AES here. Omega CMVS, Unibios'd Neo CD toploader, coupled of NGPCs. AES would be redundant.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I know there are 3D printed AES power switches, but what about the entire shell?

That would have to be made with a custom 3D printer, that would be a huge print area.

Also, the plastic from the 1st gen AES consoles are way more brittle than 3-4 and up.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
My AES looks the same like 2006 when I bought it. No cracks but both arcade sticks look pretty terrible and the balltops are cracked. Both sticks still play fine though.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
My neo gold system is cracked. Box took a hit during shipping when it was on its way back from being modded by Xian xi.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
AES is fine. Ball top finally cracked bad enough it was starting to come apart so I switched it out

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Wow Im surprised that only 1 or 2 people have a cracked system. Perhaps it’s because most of us are collectors so we ditch the damaged systems and keep the best ones we can get. If my American system ever cracks I may buy a Japanese one to swap the top shell of plastic.

Lachlan- your reply was the perfect first post. I commend you sir!

Both of my first gen arcade sticks have broken ball tops but I kinda find it cool. I will keep them as long as they are functional.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Is that the one we swapped tops? I can’t remember.
Nah, I managed to do a pretty damn good job sealing the cracks and gluing the edge pieces that broke off back together, so it was all OK in the end. Usps wanted me to give them the system so that there inspector somewhere else in the US could determine whether I should get the insurance money, and said I'd likely not get the system back either way. Fuck that!!!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Same here. No cracked Aes consoles. If I do ship them I try to bubble wrap the shit out of them and hope for the best.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Haven't had any cracks in the outer shell but the long plastic pieces inside that the case screws go into are very brittle and can easily break off.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Don’t have an AES here. I’ve seen a handful of cracked ones but most of them seem to be fine.

MVS cab and an Omega that I use more than the cab, since as much as I love cabs I’ve grown way more accustomed to sitting on my couch and playing on a large TV. Plus - literally everyone I invite over to play Neo games prefers the CD pad.

AES balltop was cracked though, and once it started flaking I swapped it.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I have a small chunk missing on the back of my first gen console, no idea how it happened either but what I do know is it has drastically and directly affected my ability to get laid.

Missile

Another Striker
No cracks on my AES.

Not sure why there is a thread about this! Who buys an AES and treats it so badly they crack it??

Actually thinking about it - Probably the same spoilt rich kids who scratched the gold logos off the controllers....

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
No cracks on my AES.

Not sure why there is a thread about this! Who buys an AES and treats it so badly they crack it??

Actually thinking about it - Probably the same spoilt rich kids who scratched the gold logos off the controllers....

Nah, that's from people using them to actually play games.