Greetings from central North Carolina

Hi there! Now that I'm able to post threads, I figured I would introduce myself. My name's Stephen, and I'm a game collector from central North Carolina between Raleigh and the Virginia border. I just joined the cool-kids'-club of MVS owners on Saturday, and since I'd like both to expand my collection as well as learn more about arcade hardware, I wanted to join this community.

I'm an active member on Racketboy (same username), and I know a couple of yall post on there, as well, so this isn't my first gaming forum rodeo. If anyone's interested in seeing what I've got in my collection, I keep it logged on my Backloggery page (www.backloggery.com/elkinfencer10).

I look forward to getting to know yall and being a part of this community. :D

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Welcome! You'll have to head up to Lost Ark with me Mugi and Griffin sometime!

Welcome! You'll have to head up to Lost Ark with me Mugi and Griffin sometime!

That sounds great! I've been there once with a couple of friends from college (it's actually where I got my Double Dragon MVS cart), but since Henderson's about an hour and a half from Greensboro, I don't get there as often as I'd like.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
That sounds great! I've been there once with a couple of friends from college (it's actually where I got my Double Dragon MVS cart), but since Henderson's about an hour and a half from Greensboro, I don't get there as often as I'd like.

It is a pretty neat store for sure, lots of nice arcade machines there. Welcome to the forums!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Do you want to drive two hours to play games you already have on machines not quite as good as your own?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
welcome aboard man, gratz on the mvs pickup! If yer ever around Raleigh, you can hit me up, me and 100poof are usually available.

welcome aboard man, gratz on the mvs pickup! If yer ever around Raleigh, you can hit me up, me and 100poof are usually available.
Thanks! I'm only an hour from Raleigh, so I'm normally pretty free on the weekends. Summer is coming up, and the last workday is June 10, so I'll be pretty free most of the time from then until the middle of August.

Do you have ties to Elkin NC, or is that a coincidence with your username?
I grew up there (well, technically in Jonesville, but I went to school in Elkin because screw Yadkin County Schools). I was also on Elkin High School's fencing team all four years of high school, and I graduated from EHS in 2010 (hence the three parts of my username). I'm surprised anyone's heard of Elkin. Got kin there?

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Nice! I don't, I am somewhat close though. I live in Virginia, but only about 20 mins from the state line and Mt. Airy if you know of that. Whenever we go shopping we are usually down that way or in the Triad somewhere.