KOF14 announced for 2016 on PS4

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Your fanboyness is appreciated, those wouldve been some nice teams especially the MOTW w/Rock Howard. I will say, im glad i dont see the Jin's in this one.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Team Southtown should have been:

Geese
Billy
Mr. Big

They should have also had this team:

Jin Chon Shu
Jin Chon Rei
Yamazaki

Since they're fucking around with Southtown in FF 3.

Also, this team would be great as a 'Second South' Post MOTW team:

Kain R. Heinlein
Grant
Rock Howard

I wouldn't have complained about this team:

Kyokugen MOTW Team:

Ryo Sakazaki (Buriki One black Gi)
Robert Garcia (KOF XIV look)
Marco Rodriguez

But none of these are really complaints. Just me being a fanboy.

This game still looks awesome.

Mr. Big would have been awesome instead of Hein.

The Chons would have been cool, but within the world of KOF, it wouldn't make much sense to pair them with Yamazaki. I would have said Tung Fu Rue as he became their teacher and mentor after FF3, but obviously he's on another team.

MOTW team would be nice, but since Geese is in the game and alive and well, it wouldn't make any sense.

MOTW Kyokugen team is redundant in that Ryo and Robert are already there, and Marco plays too similar to them to really stand out on his own.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I had low expectation after seeing Justin Bieber in the leaked roster pic, but damn, this baby face looks plain wrong.

Edit:

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Alice is now the most annoyingly voiced character in the game.

"You're mine! You're mine! You're mine! Hmmm mmm! Hmmm mmm!"

Its also strange to hear well spoken English in a KOF game. Only Krauser has been allowed to get away with that. Time to bring back our old school homeboy B.J. Love!

Its also odd to see Zarina's pants have amazing flow and physics, and Geese's pants be static cylinders around his legs.

Kensou looks 14 years old with a haircut that'll get you beat up in school.

Meitenkun fights with a fucking pillow?

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Mr. Big would have been awesome instead of Hein.

The Chons would have been cool, but within the world of KOF, it wouldn't make much sense to pair them with Yamazaki. I would have said Tung Fu Rue as he became their teacher and mentor after FF3, but obviously he's on another team.

MOTW team would be nice, but since Geese is in the game and alive and well, it wouldn't make any sense.

MOTW Kyokugen team is redundant in that Ryo and Robert are already there, and Marco plays too similar to them to really stand out on his own.

KOF doesn't really make sense anyway. The whole thing is its own timeline. If you look at FF and AOF, there is no way that Ryo and Terry can be even close to the same age. So none of those concerns matter.

Yamazaki could have EASILY been a Jin thug or pawn before Terry turned them over to Tung so that team could make sense internal to the game they all originally came from.

I'll give you the MOTW Kyokugen team, but I really don't fucking care. I would still play all three of them on the same team for the nerd factor.

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
Seriously too much voice Alice. Tone it the hell down. The Music is great though. I am really digging this game so far.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I'll give you the MOTW Kyokugen team, but I really don't fucking care. I would still play all three of them on the same team for the nerd factor.

In all honesty I can easily see it, but make Ryo Mr Karate. Robert kinda already looks like his "future" self from Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Its also odd to see Zarina's pants have amazing flow and physics, and Geese's pants be static cylinders around his legs.

You STFU! His pants look awesome!

Yamazaki could have EASILY been a Jin thug or pawn before Terry turned them over to Tung so that team could make sense internal to the game they all originally came from.

I really hope that Yamazaki is somehow in the game. Or at least as a future DLC character.

Sidenote: I have both a Yamazaki and a Geese character on VF5FS. Every once and a while someone would message me about the character, but I think most had no idea who either were.... I need to fire that game up and get back into it, since I don't have a PS4 yet and it might be a while before I can finally play this game. It looks fantastic!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Alice is now the most annoyingly voiced character in the game.

"You're mine! You're mine! You're mine! Hmmm mmm! Hmmm mmm!"

I was annoyed by that too, but she turned out less annoying in the second video lol.

I was expecting a Blue Mary moves set, or modified variation of Terry's moves, but we got a mix of Joe and Andy with some nice follow ups. Plain design, but gameplay seems interesting.

Since we have seen all the stages, I'm wondering where the track from this trailer will be. I hope it's still in the game. Alternate OST perhaps? (Like Geese theme).

Edit:

This video has better quality:

Beginning to accept Kensou, but I'm still hoping for an alternate DLC skin. He currently looks like a young Bruce Lee.

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
I'm convinced everyone, excluding Geese and maybe Iori, Kensou, and Angel, has new voice actors. They all sound noticeably different.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Some info by Frionel from the EVO panel:

There will be a combo trial mode
The dev are very confident about the online
The game will have arranged soundtracks (Edited by the original sound team)
No alternate skins planned besides Kyo and Geese (may add if fans requested)
Ragequitters will be penalized
When asked about CVS3, Neo G said he would be glad to do it
Demo won't support PS3 sticks. Final game will.
Demo won't have online
No plans for PC release yet

Final 8:

Finals:

[video]

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The dev are very confident about the online

MOTW_Announcement said:
High-quality Netcode
For this title, we at SNK have decided to adopt Code Mystics’ proprietary netcode once again, which was used on our previous Neo Geo classic The Last Blade 2 and received praise from both fans and the press.

Ummmmm.... yeah... *droops head*

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
SNK's marketing for this thing is stomping a mudhole in SF V's ass and walking it dry right now.

Who would have thought we'd see the day where SNK is marketing better than Capcom?

I remember not too long ago, the situation was reversed.

That's what happens when one company remembers its roots while another forgets them.

Also, give Atlus a shit ton of credit. They are awesome hype men.

The Future Is Now.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
SNK's marketing for this thing is stomping a mudhole in SF V's ass and walking it dry right now.

Who would have thought we'd see the day where SNK is marketing better than Capcom?

I remember not too long ago, the situation was reversed.

That's what happens when one company remembers its roots while another forgets them.

Also, give Atlus a shit ton of credit. They are awesome hype men.

The Future Is Now.
100% on the money

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I was hoping antonov was gonna be a violent fucking savage (and not a loveable cigar puffing tycoon), but it's still pretty cool having a boss that isn't a jacked German sociopath that's bent on world domination/destruction.

Pretty happy with this game and excited for what the future holds for snk.