Samurai Shodown Neo-Geo Collection (PS4/XB1/PC/SW)

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Wow, looks like a popular download, getting “Uh oh, something went, wrong. Give us a few minutes to sort things out and try again”.
did the same to me, just click it over and over until it works.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just played it. Got right into playing V Perfect. Haven't played V special in awhile and forgot why. It's those damn boring static backgrounds that really turns me off. I thought perfect would maybe spruce things up a bit but it's pretty much the same shit. Will probably get this when its $5 digital download because I don't have 100 different ways to play Samurai Shodown games already.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Very happy to get this free. I did a search and I'm not the only one having this problem - diagonals don't work on my arcade stick (Hori Virtua Stick High Grade). I am playing on a pad now.

It's so nice to finally play Perfect.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Very happy to get this free. I did a search and I'm not the only one having this problem - diagonals don't work on my arcade stick (Hori Virtua Stick High Grade). I am playing on a pad now.

It's so nice to finally play Perfect.

You got a mode select switch on it?
I had the same issue with a qanba until i switched modes.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
The word on the street is that the early bird pre-orders of Galaxy Guns will feature improved zoom resolution.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Somehow it performs worse than MAME even with a variable refresh monitor.

These fucking clowns really are laughable. Free wasn't cheap enough. They should have paid ME for tarnishing my hard drive with this sack of shit.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

These fucking clowns really are laughable. Free wasn't cheap enough. They should have paid ME for tarnishing my hard drive with this sack of shit.

You talk like you enjoy sucking cock.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

You will feel better if you chug a bottle of paint thinner I promise.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Super scoops!!

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire

Weird comment, especially since you're so into MAME. I thought it was your gold standard.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
For real, it runs really bad. You need a really nice PC to run the games at full speed. I’ve got an older Intel Core i3 equivalent from AMD, 8GB of RAM, and a 1GB GDDR5 graphics card. I can not get the SS Collection to run at the full 60 frames per second. It’s always slower. My PC is powerful enough to run Neo Geo games through MAME at 60fps. This collection? Nope. Not to mention the sound glitches, broken online play, freezes, and crashes; the Samurai Shodown Collection is kinda garbage outside of the museum features.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I'll give it a go this weekend Digmac and see how it runs. I'm running an i7 7700k, 32 GB of ram, and an RTX 2080 Ti. Curious to see if it runs like shit for me as well.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I'll give it a go this weekend Digmac and see how it runs. I'm running an i7 7700k, 32 GB of ram, and an RTX 2080 Ti. Curious to see if it runs like shit for me as well.

You’ll be fine with those specs. Basically you need a build like yours, something with modern specs, to run the Digital Eclipse emulator at 60fps. Why? I’ve got no idea. I think it’s a joke that you need something with serious modern day specs to run games for a platform that’s 30 years old. Just another reason why there’s no substitute for owning the real thing. I’m thankful I can pop in any Samurai Shodown I want to play into the AES and just play it.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
You’ll be fine with those specs. Basically you need a build like yours, something with modern specs, to run the Digital Eclipse emulator at 60fps. Why? I’ve got no idea. I think it’s a joke that you need something with serious modern day specs to run games for a platform that’s 30 years old. Just another reason why there’s no substitute for owning the real thing. I’m thankful I can pop in any Samurai Shodown I want to play into the AES and just play it.

Or you could, you know, just play it in MAME like you've been able to for 20 years.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire

It's fucking stupid to need an over powered PC to play this. What a joke. I agree there really is no substitute for owning the real thing. It's so easy to just pop in a cart and sit back and enjoy a game that just works. Not only does it just work, but it works exactly how the developers intended. I can't wait to see how far you big brains get with extracting the rom.

I think I'll spend some 1 on 1 time with my SSZ cart today.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I didn't even have the Epic Store installed prior to getting this collection, because I really don't play games on my PC these days, but they were giving this away for free, and I was curious about V Perfect. They weren't lying when they said they didn't change much aside from adding some dialogue in between certain fights. I'll probably just uninstall the Epic Store altogether once I get through the interview videos and some other extras. I only hope someone will rip the ROM data for V Perfect, so that I can give it a go on a real Neo.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Well, I believe they’ve constructed the rom to run off of mister and darksoft multi