Fighter meet in Nor Cal

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I had no idea it was so soon. Anybody else want to check out the grand opening?

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I went to that mall this week to see the new DBZ movie and everything was still walled off, no peeping allowed!

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Got excited for a new arcade in the Bay, but then looked up what Round 1 is... And I'm imagining its mostly Dave and Busters style trash.

Any places in the bay with a good selection of machines?

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
And I'm imagining its mostly Dave and Busters style trash.

It's not.

Many of us have been to the locations in Southern California. Sure they have a lot of other activities available but they also (depending on location) have a shit load of candy cabs, claw machines... hell the last time I was there I played a Darius Burst cab which aren't easy to find (look it up if you haven't seen one).

Locations and the types of games available do vary but I suggest reserving judgement till you actually go.

In a nutshell, Round 1 is pretty dope. :)

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Well fuck, sounds like a good time! I'll try to keep my hype levels low until it opens up. :)

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
I agree with Jim there's definitely some fluff but there's enough gems too keep you coming back

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Are we sure it opens on the 21st? I have been looking everywhere and none of their websites list the opening info yet.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
1st week of November.

LEGENDARY MEN, RETURN!

My body is ready...for saang mein burger.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Round 1 San Jose's opening is delayed 1 week, the new date is the 28th.

Well some good news is one of the SoCal Round 1s are trialing NesicaxLive, in case anyone's missed that.

@Reclaimer, R1 is run by a Japanese arcade (well "entertainment center" or whatever) chain based in Japan, so while it does have an "all under one roof" thingie going on there's a good presence of import games. From the sound of things every time a location opens in the US they just ship over some random old stuff (Thrill Drive 3 for example) and some hot imports like the BEMANI series games.

I can post the partial list of cabs later, if anyone got the facebook invite to the (former) opening day it's buried somewhere on there if they want to post it.

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
R1 opening day is the 28th per the Facebook event.

Here's the lists of games they've posted:
For all the fighting game community heres a line up for our San Jose location

Virtua Fighter 5
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Super Street Fighter 4
BlazBlue Continuum Shift
Samurai Showdown Sen
Sengoku Basara X
Kinnikuman Wrestle G
rand Prix 2
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A

And more !!!!
Driving Games
★ Show Down
★ Initial D8
★ Mario Kart DX
- Batman
- Maximum Tune 3DX+
- Thrill Drive 3

and more !!!!!
Music game lineup:
For those that have been asking, our lineup has:

•Beatmania IIDX Pendual (x2)
•GitaDora Tri-Boost (XG cabs)
•Sound Voltex III Gravity Wars (x2)
•DDR SuperNova 2
•Pop'n 19 Tune Street
•Pump it Up Prime x2/infinity x2 (supposedly)
•Music Gun Gun 2

I'm sure there's more, that's just what I've run across that was posted to the event's wall by employees.

I'm personally excited for KOF MIRA (rofl did not expect this), Thrill Drive 3 (you can really rack up credits on a time card and it's fun as hell to boot) and every single rhythm game, but especially IIDX. Props to Round 1 for running nearly all of Konami's rhythm games on Konami's Asia-exclusive E-amusement network, that's an impressive feat.

Last edited:

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
The only thing on that list that even looks appealing is Mario kart dx and initial d 8 :(

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
The Arlington location apparently put Daioujou on the floor recently. I'm sure we'll see stuff like that.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Such a weird fighter line up. They need 3rd Strike, Marvel 2, and CVS2 or the place is doomed just like San Mateo Game Center. I don't know if they can run games on timers over there but the hot games are all console exclusives these days. If that's the real line up, I won't be going.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
East Palo Alto, Hayward...let's show the Chinese kid the sights, lol.