Post Your Recent Purchases!

Jamie

NEST Puppet
Managed to pickup an English copy of Ninja Combat for the Neo Geo CD, been looking for one for a very long time.

WP_20161119_19_07_23_Pro_zpshgd9nmjn.jpg

WP_20161119_19_07_31_Pro_zpszwou4pit.jpg

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Some new GETS:

CYLTeiR.jpg

How is the NES30 controller? I have a pair of SFC30's I've been using with both the NES and SNES and I like them quite a bit. I just wish there was a NES Bluetooth controller with proper button placement and not all the extra buttons.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Yodd - beautiful kitchen dood! I like the initial look of stainless, but w/kids, it just isn't logical to maintain. We have a couple stainless pieces and their just always looking worn w/prints and random goo.

Nitpick time - what's up w/the underside of your cabinets? Did they not stain them - it looks like bare plywood.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
How is the NES30 controller? I have a pair of SFC30's I've been using with both the NES and SNES and I like them quite a bit. I just wish there was a NES Bluetooth controller with proper button placement and not all the extra buttons.

I haven't had a chance to use them yet. I am pretty sure they are the same as the sfc/snes controllers, just with a different outer shell.

Nitpick time - what's up w/the underside of your cabinets? Did they not stain them - it looks like bare plywood.

lol I hadn't even noticed that. I guess they didn't finish the bottom of them. We are moving in over this weekend and hadn't looked at the bottom of the cabinets.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Picked up another movie that I'm pretty excited about having.

Decent shape overall. I love these old CED movies because of the big art on the front. Not the coolest cover though but still a great movie.

theHowling.jpg

Also, here are some recent VHS pickups. I've snagged some other shit but these are by far the best ones in my recent grabs.

1liv.jpg
1st.jpg

J-Burns

n00b
Its not a big red and needs a little tlc but its the perfect size for my new apartment! Came with SvC Chaos, Strikers 1945, Metal Slug 5, and Power Instinct Matrimelee!

IMG_5338.jpg

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Picked up another movie that I'm pretty excited about having.

Decent shape overall. I love these old CED movies because of the big art on the front. Not the coolest cover though but still a great movie.

View attachment 40662

How's the quality on those discs? I've never heard of them until a few years ago - the disc never comes out of the case, right?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
How's the quality on those discs? I've never heard of them until a few years ago - the disc never comes out of the case, right?

Well, they do but in the machine. You insert and then pull the cover back out and the disc unlocks and stays in. The video quality is not bad, but usually the discs one gets are kind of shit condition. I mostly buy them just because they are movies I like and display them.

If you are interested here is a pretty good video about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LrPe0rwXOU

Also, you can still get some replacement parts for them. My player isn't all that great but it works well enough. I just have it as a novelty as its kind of fun to fart around with some times.

Really, it's insane to even get messed up into this stuff I suppose. The container becomes more important than the contents, in a way.

Last edited:

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Its not a big red and needs a little tlc but its the perfect size for my new apartment! Came with SvC Chaos, Strikers 1945, Metal Slug 5, and Power Instinct Matrimelee!

I have also that SCB-U4 cabinet. I rather own this than big red cabinet cos they are so common. What language do you have on that metal panel where you can choose player and game? If you are planning to do restoration you could change those white buttons cos they are not original.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
The video quality is not bad, but usually the discs one gets are kind of shit condition. I mostly buy them just because they are movies I like and display them.
Any CED disc that comes into your possession you need to leave it play fully start-to-finish, this will help with the potential skipping when you actually sit down to watch it.
It's almost like "running" it in before the actual viewing. I have a spare player just for that purpose.
But as you mentioned, if it's in really bad shape to start with, not much you can do with that.

Also, you can still get some replacement parts for them.

Yep, you sure can. From rebuilt or replacement stylus, to gear replacements, to the belts, etc. The folks over at the CED Magic forums are plenty helpful.

Really, it's insane to even get messed up into this stuff I suppose. The container becomes more important than the contents, in a way.

Nowadays it can be just a novelty or a collectible for some, sure, but I still use it quite regularly. I especially get a kick out of those "interactive" CED's. But you need the higher-end players to access all the features.

I have quite a number of PAL CED's as well, but unfortunately no PAL machine to play them on.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
IMG_20161103_100608.jpg

The only console port made by TOAPLAN themselves, a real Japanese jewel for the great MD. I've been looking for it and trying to purchase a complete unit for years. Now at last, it's at home.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
This isn't true.

I have always read about it in several sites. I will appreciate more info if you have it to share here. Thanks

At this point, what I know is that:
The Mega Drive version was released on May 28, 1993, is the only console port of the game directly developed by Toaplan themselves. It was published by TENGEN in Japan and by Samsung in South Korea.

Snow Bros. was licensed to Manchester's Ocean Software for conversion to both the Atari ST and the Commodore Amiga home computers in 1991 but they were never officially released.

Capcom published the NES and GAMEBOY ports in US and Europe and it was developed by SOL.

Sources: GameFAQS, SegaRETRO, JeuxVIDEO, SEGA-16 and WIKIPEDIA

SNOW1.png

SNOW4.png

SNOW_2.png

SNOW3.png

SNOW5.png

SNOW6.png

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Haha I thought you meant the game was the only in house Toaplan port in general!

Yeah, Toaplan didn't do the other Snow Bros. ports.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
IMG_20161103_100608.jpg

The only console port made by TOAPLAN themselves, a real Japanese jewel for the great MD. I've been looking for it and trying to purchase a complete unit for years. Now at last, it's at home.

Very nice.
One of my grail games for the MD that i really wished i'd picked up years ago when it was a little less stupidly priced.
A fab game as well, but most probably one i'll never own.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
The language is Finnish

:eek: Would be nice to know how the cabinet ended up there :)

Do you have keys to it? I am missing keys to my cabinet and I dont want to drill the locks if there is another option.
The front door has different lock but the mini marquee and monitor panel has locks that take circle keys.
I would be interested of buying a key to those. It would be possible that yours has same locks than my cabinet.

Last edited:

J-Burns

n00b
:eek: Would be nice to know how the cabinet ended up there :)

Do you have keys to it? I am missing keys to my cabinet and I dont want to drill the locks if there is another option.
The front door has different lock but the mini marquee and monitor panel has locks that take circle keys.
I would be interested of buying a key to those. It would be possible that yours has same locks than my cabinet.

Unfortunately no keys to the back and the front doesnt have a lock on it. The coin slot was added on there by an arcade at some point and def isnt original. Not sure how it got there but the guy I bought it from was given it by hos boss. I guess it was sitting in some warehouse or storage.
Do you have any info on the button layout or where I might be able to find a replacement CPO since this one is missing 1/3 of it?