X-men 6 Player second RGB out info and question

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
The guys at Ground Kontrol in Portland OR, were able to get an X-men 6-player board working on one widescreen display (with a seamless image), in their cabinet restoration.
http://groundkontrol.com/category/6-days-of-x-men/ (before anyone laments about cutting the cabinet in half, don't worry, they rebuilt the back piece, rather than destroying the original)

I've played it and it's actually pretty glorious!

From what I've read on KLOV, they got Clay Cowgill to make a one-off piece of hardware to "stitch" the video signals together.

The display stuff is basically one-off hardware that takes the slow scanning
standard resolution video (each field of the video frame gets split out to
two displays using a deinterlacer) and stacks it side by side into a single
'vga' speed image (twice as fast) suitable for a flat panel. One of these
days I plan on getting the design boiled down to something manufacturable
and get some circuit boards made and sell a conversion kit, but I haven't
had time to do it yet.

There are a few people interested in this, and I bet if you were to start an interest thread and petition it to Clay, he might be willing to create a small run.

Heck, I'd even buy an X-men 6-player board myself if that happens and get in on it as well!

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
The guys at Ground Kontrol in Portland OR, were able to get an X-men 6-player board working on one widescreen display (with a seamless image), in their cabinet restoration.
http://groundkontrol.com/category/6-days-of-x-men/ (before anyone laments about cutting the cabinet in half, don't worry, they rebuilt the back piece, rather than destroying the original)

I've played it and it's actually pretty glorious!

From what I've read on KLOV, they got Clay Cowgill to make a one-off piece of hardware to "stitch" the video signals together.

There are a few people interested in this, and I bet if you were to start an interest thread and petition it to Clay, he might be willing to create a small run.

Heck, I'd even buy an X-men 6-player board myself if that happens and get in on it as well!

Hmmmm... What section do you think an Interest thread should go in?

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
So I bought Bustedstr8's Sync Strippers and used one on the X-Men 2nd video out and it looks perfect now. Literally flawless picture.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Here's a video of two monitors displaying the game very well.
http://youtu.be/BubU7bms-2o
I'll be getting another projecter eventually to display about 7' wide in my game room.

Now I need help getting audio.
I tried connecting speakers to the 4 sound out pins by the harness and no dice...

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Got a link to the Interest Post (AKA coaxing Clay to build this for us!)?

I can't seem to find it on KLOV.

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
Here's a video of two monitors displaying the game very well.
http://youtu.be/BubU7bms-2o
I'll be getting another projecter eventually to display about 7' wide in my game room.

Now I need help getting audio.
I tried connecting speakers to the 4 sound out pins by the harness and no dice...

I never did try that 4-pin header. I only ever ran it out through the Jamma edge.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
What kind of converter are you using?
Are you running it to an arcade monitor or a regular TV?
Did you try running the secondary output to the TV that works fine?

Also the only way I found to flip the picture was software....I had two video capture cards and I think I ran them into VLC and just flipped the picture in software.
Plus I was then able to adjust the position of the image so i could get them lined up really well!

In another thread I was wondering if you could use an FPGA board to do the flipping, but then I worried about introducing too much lag to the picture.
I wonder if there is a way to mod the board or something too.
If you're worried about lag you shouldn't be using a capture card in the first place.

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
It should be
L: SPEAKER (-)
10: SPEAKER (+)

I forget the details of audio but I think it's already amplified since it's meant to be run directly into speakers.
So if you do run it straight into your TV or something, start with the volume really low.
It's been years since I've messed with any of this stuff.

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
It should be
L: SPEAKER (-)
10: SPEAKER (+)

I forget the details of audio but I think it's already amplified since it's meant to be run directly into speakers.
So if you do run it straight into your TV or something, start with the volume really low.
It's been years since I've messed with any of this stuff.

So yeah I'm probably wrong. The manual says L/10 are empty. Perhaps you must go through the 4pin connector.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Nevermind, I started my own post on KLOV. Those with membership who are interested, please weigh-in when you can. Cheers.

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?p=3023615#post3023615

Yeah, sorry.
I was going to start an interest thread, being that it would greatly convenience myself to have one of said converters.
Got really distracted building/assembling/painting these control panels for my bday party. I went to start the thread twice and got distracted as usual.
Thanks for picking up the slack.
I'll head on over there and express interest.