AM29F400BT as bios replacement - MV1C

Misos

New Challenger
I was watching a Youtube video about those chinese CMVS and i noticed that it uses an AM29F400BT as a Bios instead of a normal Bios or a NeoBiosMasta adapter.

Is it safe to use one of those? Is it a direct swap? In the video in question you can see that the first and second pins were lifted.

I'm particuly interested because I've tried the NeoBiosMasta and it didn't work in my MV1c, i had to do the old method.

Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/g8pP92cw7DA

Arround the 2 minute mark you can see the chip.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you can’t get a NBM to work on a 1C, either you aren’t pushing hard enough to snap it on to the CPU, it’s facing the wrong way, a pin on the PLCC socket isn’t soldered on well and not making contact or the pins on the CPU are dirty, use a nylon scratch brush to clean the pins on the CPU and try to install the NBM again.

Misos

New Challenger
If you can’t get a NBM to work on a 1C, either you aren’t pushing hard enough to snap it on to the CPU, it’s facing the wrong way, a pin on the PLCC socket isn’t soldered on well and not making contact or the pins on the CPU are dirty, use a nylon scratch brush to clean the pins on the CPU and try to install the NBM again.

Thank you, I got the Neo bios Masta to work. Since i don't have a nylon brush pen i used a fine grit sandpaper on the pins, they had some sort of green mold on them. Still curious about the AM29F400BT though.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Looks like you can! I suspect you have to align the chip to the side as it probably has more pins. Looks like that, I've not checked the pin outs yet. But they clearly fitted one to that MV1C.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Don’t bother with the SMD bios, the solder pads for the bios on the 1C aren’t forgiving if you heat them a few times so for a Unibios, a socket would be a way better option.

Misos

New Challenger
Looks like you can! I suspect you have to align the chip to the side as it probably has more pins. Looks like that, I've not checked the pin outs yet. But they clearly fitted one to that MV1C.

Yes, i think that's why we see some pins not soldered in the video, i just checked and the AM29F400BT has 44 pins.

Don’t bother with the SMD bios, the solder pads for the bios on the 1C aren’t forgiving if you heat them a few times so for a Unibios, a socket would be a way better option.

I will stick with the NGM since i got it to work with my mv1c, thank you again.