*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I'm curious as to who bought them. I have some ideas but I hope they step forward.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I did. Don’t worry, I’m having a team of experts prepped for elaborate authentication procedures, you can sleep easy tonight. Once the results are in from the following countries: France, Italy, Florida, and Las Vegas, the carts will be sent to Dion for stickers and all that jazz. Then I will hold a contest for who can make the most flattering shockbox insert.

Once all this is done, I will relist the carts for $15,000-$20,000ea. I haven’t decided yet.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Ha!

Don't forget that this is the same place/guy (Vinh) that sold that uncut mini marquee sheet of arcade shock "exclusives" for around $2k if I recall correctly...

Spoiler:
...to Lee Gray. :lolz:

$2000 is like, one year of rent for lee gray.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Not a proto but a conversion. I though I would have a go after billy peaked my interest and this is how it currently stands.....

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Nice one Raz, It's amazing how quickly you got that converted.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Really nice to see Crossed Swords 2 on something other than CD. Now we just need some people to score a new soundtrack for it to replace the CDDA audio. Heh, we can dream, right?

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
I did. Don’t worry, I’m having a team of experts prepped for elaborate authentication procedures, you can sleep easy tonight. Once the results are in from the following countries: France, Italy, Florida, and Las Vegas, the carts will be sent to Dion for stickers and all that jazz. Then I will hold a contest for who can make the most flattering shockbox insert.

Once all this is done, I will relist the carts for $15,000-$20,000ea. I haven’t decided yet.

i assume this a Joke. then again, it does seem like a lot of retro VG collectors out there are dotcom boomers with tons of money to blow foolishly...

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Nice work Raz! Would it be possible to do Neo Turf Masters? It would be awesome to play the extra course on MVS hardware.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Not a proto but a conversion. I though I would have a go after billy peaked my interest and this is how it currently stands.....

I think Jeff has a tool that can convert WAV files to use for audio in the game. I don't know if that would help here or not.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Same problem with all the NGCD -> ROM conversions. No BGM.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I forgot to mention but in case anyone is intrested the current size is as follows.
Code:
       C1 = 16meg
       C2 = 16meg
       C3 =  8meg
       C4 =  8meg
       V1 =  8meg
       P1 =  8meg
       P2 =  4meg
       S1 =  1meg
       M1 =  1meg
    -------------
    TOTAL = 70meg

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
100% Agreed.
I also enjoy discussions about the the game packaging, cartridge stickers, art packs, etc. It is on topic and relevant to the neogeo.

And even though what the previous post said about their not being a consistent pattern or procedure to try and find a standard here, when you have OCD like myself, and most high end super collectors do, your mind does not care about what may or may not be impossible. It simply attempts to apply logic and order to anything and everything no matter how inconsistent it may be or appear to be.

I also want to take this opportunity to tip my hat to the guy who bought the cartridge from the original seller who started the power spikes 2 topic. Thank you for posting those pics of the game running on your television. That is always the fastest and easiest way to 100% confirm things.

OCD has nothing to do with things that are a joy to partake in. Only misery. If it doesn't create some kind of anxiety, it isn't the OCD.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
OCD may have a little to do with this. I had a coding binge to see if I could put BG music from CS1 over Crossed Swords 2. That ment a quick basic learning of z80 to understand a little how music is played on the Neo Geo.

Not to bad so far.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Haha. That was exactly the same thing I was thinking. Maybe just use Crossed Swords' music. So awesome.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
In the process of looking at the game I have made a few discoveries. The CD version is defo based on the a MVS code base. There must be a MVS version in some state somewhere. I can also see the game has many bugs and I'm talking about the CD version. For example the BG graphics in ACT 9 and 10 have problems. In ACT 9 there is a bad northern lights edge you can see through the cave as a hole scrolls on from the right. Just to the left where that happens there is a 8x16 transparent block that should not be there. In act 10 there is a rogue pixel in the BG that has water behind it. The Z80 ROM from the CD holds all the music for the MVS version but all the sample data is missing. What this means is (as HPMAN also pointed out to me) the game cannot possibly be 70mbit in MVS format. It must be at least 74 or 78mbit.

Raz

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
In the process of looking at the game I have made a few discoveries. The CD version is defo based on the a MVS code base. There must be a MVS version in some state somewhere. I can also see the game has many bugs and I'm talking about the CD version. For example the BG graphics in ACT 9 and 10 have problems. In ACT 9 there is a bad northern lights edge you can see through the cave as a hole scrolls on from the right. Just to the left where that happens there is a 8x16 transparent block that should not be there. In act 10 there is a rogue pixel in the BG that has water behind it. The Z80 ROM from the CD holds all the music for the MVS version but all the sample data is missing. What this means is (as HPMAN also pointed out to me) the game cannot possibly be 70mbit in MVS format. It must be at least 74 or 78mbit.

Raz

So, if I'm reading that right, all we need to do is replace the sample data and the music will be fully restored? I wonder if that's something Jeff's program could be used for. Rip the samples from the CDDA then convert them back to something the Z80 could use. I know that's a long shot, and I don't even know if there really is a tool to do wave to game data, but if there is it's more or less just remaking those samples.

Also, very interesting to hear there is an actual MVS build out there somewhere. Must be similar to Ironclad. Haha, this is another one of those times I wish we could befriend someone in the build and release group at Playmore. They probably are sitting on a treasure trove of old goodies in their software library. All I have in my company's are stuff nobody wants. Hmm... Maybe it's time to do a 6 month contract with Playmore to help them setup CI/CD or something ;)

Edit: LOL, they're even looking for someone to do build management right now. If I was about a decade younger, and 10Xs more fan boy, I'd be all over that. Anyone in Osaka want to do some build engineering for SNK?

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Thanks for the offer but I have a tool to convert the V data to samples already.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
In the process of looking at the game I have made a few discoveries. The CD version is defo based on the a MVS code base. There must be a MVS version in some state somewhere. The Z80 ROM from the CD holds all the music for the MVS version but all the sample data is missing. What this means is (as HPMAN also pointed out to me) the game cannot possibly be 70mbit in MVS format. It must be at least 74 or 78mbit.