Homecart value go down?

pedu

Armored Scrum Object
Notice that all homecarts prices went down recently?
Is this because of the new converter(the one capable to play all games)?

How bout MVS prices right now? is it still the same or go up? (since so many people change to mvs format)....

B

Bobak!

MVS carts will always be cheaper than home carts.

Home carts have nice art and other bells and whistles. Most MVS carts look like video cassete rejects...

Home carts will always have a market driving their prices higher than the MVS carts.

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
What is your basis of "all home carts going down"... I have seen no evidence of this in the places where I buy and sell.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Pedu's thought is based on supply and demand....

Basically, the !Arcade! adapter has now been released in wide distribution. With this release, that means there should a surge in demand for MVS carts. That also could mean that the demand for home carts could go down, hence dropping prices.

BUT, !Arcade! has another product in the pipeline right now that would void that whole arguement, the system currently dubbed the 'AES2.' This will be a Neo system based around home carts from what I know (if anyone has more info, please add). So, once again, when people pick this syetm up, the demand for home carts will rise once again.

So, from the babbling I did above, I believe we might see a brief dip in home cart prices, but we will see a slight rise in price of MVS carts as there will be a larger demand for them!

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well being that the convertor has to fit in the Home cart System in the first place I think assuming A new neo system will increase homecart prices may be a little hopefull. After all I think people picking up a new AES II will also pick up an convertor if they have not done so already.

I think prices are going down more becuase of the recent flood of Neo carts that have hit the market and the Release of what has been said to be the last officail NGH "King of fighters 2000". Of course you also have to consider the economy.

Just my oppinion.

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
I'm kinda pissed:
Do you guys think i got a bad deal?
I got a high serial neo geo in a box, but no instructions, with a joystick and controller for 300. That was a couple of months ago, but i think the prices have gone down since, i dont know

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I have seen MVS prices go down on all games recently... except for a select few (Prehistoric Isle 2 and King Of Fighters 2000 to name them)... Even Metal Slug 3 is down to about $220 which is incredible when you consider I paid $300 for it at the mid of December... The prices are droping quite fast these days, and I have seen some killer deals on old carts too... hell even Garou is at $105 these days!!! man. Hmm, maybe a lot of arcades are getting rid of their Neo Geos? I don't know what it is, but there are a ton of great carts at really good prices.

-Nick

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Hmmmmm . . . looks like you're a regular Cosmicco customer, Nick. All your prices are exactly from their most recent list . . .

Actually, I'm waiting for MS3 to drop a bit more in price, $220 while not terrible, is a tiny bit steep for the MVS version. Now MSX for $70, THAT was a steal, and even came with all the original new artwork!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

pedu

Armored Scrum Object
I see from the Polling that MVS owner is increasing ( compared to last polling ), and many homecart collector change their collection to MVS ( this must be because !Arcade! converter)

Speaking of MVS bargains , I picked up the following items 6 weeks ago at a recreation and amusement arcade auction in Australia : Garou MVS with artwork PLUS 1 slot Neo board for $65 AUS (about $35 US); Metal Slug X for $85 (about $45 US). I bid for them over the phone sight unseen , and when I went to collect them everthing was in excellent condition. The funny thing is , the lots were described in the catalogue as Garou MVS and Metal Slug MVS...there was no mention of the 1 slot board ,so I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that I had won the 1 slot board for nothing and Metal Slug X instead of Metal Slug! Incidentally , everything works well...I've got an arcade power converter connected to an RGB/scart monitor to give a sweet picture.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chimpmeister:
Hmmmmm . . . looks like you're a regular Cosmicco customer, Nick. All your prices are exactly from their most recent list . . .

Actually, I'm waiting for MS3 to drop a bit more in price, $220 while not terrible, is a tiny bit steep for the MVS version. Now MSX for $70, THAT was a steal, and even came with all the original new artwork!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well, I do some shopping from them if I am in the mood for a big order
smile.gif
haha, $26 for shipping and even more for all the extra charges at Cosmic Company are a bit much if you just want a $25 copy of Ganryu, but they are great if you want Ganryu, Strikers, Kof 99, Metal Slug X, Garou, etc... all in one purchase, then you get a steal! In general I base my prices off of Cosmic though, cause within a few weeks the auctions are like $10 - $15 of that, and most resellers start dropping too. If I lived in Hong Kong... man, I would go to Cosmic Co. daily!!! haha,

-Nick